Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Another loss to the KHL

I wondered why he wasn't playing for Hamilton last night. Read today that he was given a leave from the team to go home to tend to "personal/family issues". Then, he signed a 3 yr deal with Dynamo....

So much for how happy he was to be a Hab! I wonder if he'll be able to hit the net in Russia?

Nothing new for Russian kids to go home to the money rather than toil in the "A". There is probably still a sap or two on the HF board pining away over Sergei Zinovijev.

Nothing new for Russian kids to go home to the money rather than toil in the "A". There is probably still a sap or two on the HF board pining away over Sergei Zinovijev.

The issue to me is that they promised not to sign any players under contract in north america.

The issue to me is that they promised not to sign any players under contract in north america.

But god forbid we tried to sign anyone under contract over there, though. lol.

Eh, what a joke. The KHL should be embarrassed.

Money talks. He's Russian and the price was right, I don't see the problem. Until the NHL gets its S straight, they stand a very real chance of losing top Euro talent.

Money talks. He's Russian and the price was right, I don't see the problem. Until the NHL gets its S straight, they stand a very real chance of losing top Euro talent.

If the guy wasn't under contract there shouldn't be a problem. As long as it's second or third tier guys, it really isn't a major issue anyway.

As a Habs fan this one hurts....I read an article with Pavel last year where he said he cried...CRIED...on Draft Day when the Habs drafted him, because even though he grew up in Russia he always considered the Montreal Canadiens as the Top NHL Team to play for.

He carried an English/Russian dictionary with him everywhere once he got here, so he could learn his way...and fit in and communicate without translators...unlike Perezogin, A. Kostitsyn and Grabovski before him.

He just seemed to be doing everything right...and was not far off from a jump to the NHL...there are just too many good D ahead of him for it to be this year in Montreal.

I really liked the look of him in the pre-season torny. I thought he wasn't to far off making the big club if there were a few injuries on the blueline.

Well he could be back next year, let's cross our fingers. With Emelin and Trunev he's one of our best european prospects.

Well he could be back next year, let's cross our fingers. With Emelin and Trunev he's one of our best european prospects.

I'm more worried that the other 2 may never come over.

Maybe you missed this part:

Pavel Valentenko has signed a three-year deal with the KHL club.

Unless of course you think he's going to back out of his russian contract to come back.

Maybe you missed this part:

Pavel Valentenko has signed a three-year deal with the KHL club.

Unless of course you think he's going to back out of his russian contract to come back.

I read somewhere one year contract with an option for 2 more, and a clause that he can come back to NA next year...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254229

So much for not signing players under contract. I guess you really can't expect a league run by the mob to actually keep their word.

The Moscow Dynamo website reports that Montreal Canadiens blueline prospect Pavel Valentenko has signed a three-year deal with the KHL club.

In North America we call the mob that runs the NHL by a fancier name, lawyers.

So much for not signing players under contract. I guess you really can't expect a league run by the mob to actually keep their word.

The Moscow Dynamo website reports that Montreal Canadiens blueline prospect Pavel Valentenko has signed a three-year deal with the KHL club.

Lawyers may twist the law to suit their means but they are still forced to adhere to what is written. The same can't be said for the russian mafia.

Lawyers may twist the law to suit their means but they are still forced to adhere to what is written. The same can't be said for the russian mafia.

Bingo!!

I just wonder if they still threaten the player’s families like they used to in the 80's. In this case it sounds like the dad did the deal and gave it to the son when he got back to the home land. Under duress I'm sure.

That's not surprising at all when you look at the whole perspective of things but what really stood out to me from that article was this:

"His intention was to go home to see his parents and see what he could do," said Hedges. "When he got home, his father already had the deal done (with Dynamo).

I'm hoping this decision will work out in the long run for him and he will still have a chance at a successful NHL career in the future.

"...he's been supporting his family since he was 15..."

Not being a dick, but had anybody got any evidence that the KHL is mob run or is it all he said she said type stuff?

Look up the people who own the teams and do some research.

ask most soccer players who play in russia

i was watching an interview with craig forrest once and he was saying how you can never trust the russian teams to pay you if you've had a bad game... and furthermore you have no clue where the money is coming from.

..if that post didnt make any sense, im very intoxicated.

dimitri bikov formerly of the wings.