Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B19Kress

Working hungover

Either way, I don't think I'll be taking my chances before an early morning skate like that again any time soon...I like being in the line-up.

Looks like a lower body injury waiting to happen right there..

I'm more concerned about pissing coach off. "Healthy scratch" is what scares me.

I remember working one of my first 'cubicle jobs' when I turned 21.... I used to work split weekends (Wednesdays/Sundays off).. and my 21st was a Friday night.. I was a mess the next morning, doing the 6am-2:45pm shift. I kept saying how "bad my stomach felt" so I could duck into the men's room and take 15 minute power-naps in the stall.. well needless to say, one quick nap turned into 55 minutes, and they sent a guy in banging on the stall door... I come out, and all he says was "You smell like a bar..." Believe it or not, a bagel and a Mountain Dew did get me through til 2:30....

I've had friends tell me "eat greasy food, best hangover helper", but it usually makes me feel a hell of a lot worse.

Ironically, one of my worst nights turned into one of my best mornings. It was earlier this season and I got absolutely HAMMERED - a bottle of red wine+a LOT of Heineken+quite a bit of vodka+lasagna = a pretty intense night. I wasn't feeling too well when I fell asleep/passed out early that morning.

Woke-up a few hours later, caught my ride to the rink (avoided all things breakfast) and FLEW through practice - felt awesome (though we didn't do too much "real" skating, so I really can't say I was "tested" to the fullest extent possible). Part of me wants to believe that I was still a bit drunk from the night before and hadn't slept long enough to get to the hangover...but I pretty much felt the same (fine) the rest of the day. I'm wondering if maybe I found the perfect balance of liquor and beer - though I'm pretty sure no such balance really exists.

Either way, I don't think I'll be taking my chances before an early morning skate like that again any time soon...I like being in the line-up.

that's similar to what happened to me a year or so ago... I remember going shot for shot with my roommates girlfirend, and polishing off my bottle of whiskey. Apparantly a lot of stuff happened that night, like attempting to play tennis, and just shit i blacked out about. Well, night ended up in puking for the both of us. I woke up next morning and felt like a million bucks. She could barely move. I felt bad, because it was my fault she got that plastered, but i still laugh at how great i felt.

half a can beer mixed with half a can tomato juice. ive also found if you finish a night of drinking up with a few bloody marys it will settle your stomach and the hangover wont be as brutal.

Alright...now that I am off my weekend stretch. Let me tell you all about working weekend nights, and "working hungover". Combine the sleep deprevation with small to moderate amounts of alcohol, combined with working by myself lately in a mostly dark 20,000 sq. ft space, where 1000's of computer fans are going "whizzzzz" 24/7, and you start to FREAK, and consider the possibilites of zombie attacks on your datacenter.

I find, for hangovers, its all about the gatorade and saltine crackers. The important thing is to get something on your stomach when youre feeling queezy...or if I am going to be going to sleep hammered, I take some pepto to help coat that stomach.

Zach

Alright...now that I am off my weekend stretch. Let me tell you all about working weekend nights, and "working hungover". Combine the sleep deprevation with small to moderate amounts of alcohol, combined with working by myself lately in a mostly dark 20,000 sq. ft space,

My job's in a 2.5 million square foot industrial paper mill. Being hungover can get you killed walking through the manufacturing/converting/distribution areas. Thank god on my bad day last week I stuck to my cubicle and shot sneers at the other engineers passing by.

First time and last time to do that.

Kid on my hockey team worked at Burger King, his buddy came to work hung over, puked in the deep frier, and they just sizzled it out and continued making fries that day. Last time I ever got fries from the King.

They must do that in every fryer because their fries have always sucked. I can't imagine that smell not making everyone vomit though.

Eh, I work at a Ruby Tuesday, sometimes sketchy stuff makes it into the grease. Can't say I've ever seen puke though

Is that really a door we want opened? Mind you I don't eat at fast food places (and have never had a burger), but I do like some of the stuff there. And have kids, who will at some point go to one on their lunch break.

I have to agree with mack. Stuff like this is why I can't do Chinese anymore - a few years ago I remember it being all over a lot of Toronto-area papers/news broadcasts when a Chinese joint in Ontario was busted with all sorts of nasty meat in their freezers: possum, squirrel, cat, dog...even skunk.

My resolve against Chinese food has only strengthened recently after a Chinese restaurant in Buffalo got caught with a dead deer (roadkill) strung-up and cut apart in their kitchen. Absolutely disgusting.

If you guys really want, I mean its nothing too too bad and most nasty things will be killed by 375 degree oil.

Interesting little hangover trick I think I may have realized this weekend. On friday night I came home, and in my drunken mess just flipped my light off and didn't open my window as I usually do. Woke up at like 9, given I didn't get in until 6, sweating like a R. Kelly at the playground, and to my suprise no hangover? Then I recalled last weekend when some extra-curricular activities took place in their after the bar, and again I woke up with no hangover? Perhaps it is just luck, but I'm thinking I'm sweating the hangover out while I sleep, or in the other case am just to busy to notice .

May make you feel better but man will it stink. I've only had one really bad work hangover and that was when I first started work and our boss took our team to the company suite for a Predators game. He was like an old frat rat, getting everyone shots and taking them all. Of course he had the day off the next day, but there I was closing bars with him and a couple other guys, finally punching this one girl that liked me square in her big thick ass. I remember sitting at my desk with sunglasses on and not wanting to move the entire day, then one dick grabbing my chair and shaking me like he was an au pair.

First one is always the best

Unfotunately, I agree.

I've done my best to not get hungover anymore but it's amazing how quickly you forget the hell you've put yourself through.

My worst was when I pulled a long night with some of the guys from work and was doing shots, etc..after my son was born. Came home drunk, kid was all full of colic, etc...I didn't get much sleep had to get p @ 0545 for my shift. Drove all the way to work, and puked in the parking lot. My boss took one look at me and laughed his ass off because he knew I was out (he was with us) and saw the shape I was in when I left. He gave me some credit for showing up at all and gave me a light assignment that day. When other workers complained about it he said "There's nothing I can do to him that will make him feel any worse that he feels right now. I guarantee he'll never do this again."