Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B19Kress

Working hungover

Agreed on the McDs Coke.

At RDV we used to take the cap off the fountain, dump extra Mountain Dew syrup into the cup (by pressing the syrup nozzle behind the regular nozzle), then pour it normally.

(in response to chadd's post)

you can usually find Mexican coke in glass bottles in grocery stores (or Hispanic markets). That uses cane sugar instead of HFCS, it's so much better! It was easy to find in Chicago and I was surprised to see it in the regular grocery store here in Milwaukee. If i am going to bother with a soda, it might as well have real sugar in it.

Or wait til Passover and get some Jewish Coke.

Agreed on the McDs Coke.

At RDV we used to take the cap off the fountain, dump extra Mountain Dew syrup into the cup (by pressing the syrup nozzle behind the regular nozzle), then pour it normally.

you can usually find Mexican coke in glass bottles in grocery stores (or Hispanic markets). That uses cane sugar instead of HFCS, it's so much better! It was easy to find in Chicago and I was surprised to see it in the regular grocery store here in Milwaukee. If i am going to bother with a soda, it might as well have real sugar in it.

Or wait til Passover and get some Jewish Coke.

All my friends think I'm crazy for insisting McDonald's coke is the best. There is no comparison between it and anything else. For hangovers I drink a beer or two. Works wonders.

Mt Dew and Excedrin for Headache, with a bong hit and a greasy cheesburger for nausea.

100% effective hangover cure

Aspirin and a huge glass of water/juice/gatorade etc before you go to bed too....if you can remember or function enough to do it.

Jewish coke = Kosher Coke. And yes it does taste 100 times better.

Back on topic to working hungover. If I go out on a school night, (OK I guess I call them work nights now) I will take a Multi-Vitamin before bed and upon waking, always with a lot water. I've never tried that chaser stuff, but have been using the Multi-V trick since college and its worked out pretty well. If you drive to work, I recommend a nap in the car at lunch as well.

went to the patriots last night, needless to say today was rough

That was one of the most confusing games for me. I hate Boston teams (Yankees fan), as well as the Jets (Dolphins fan)

I was hoping that there was some way that they could both lose.

Its nice to see the Pats come down to Earth after last year, but it is tough to listen to all the Jets fans call talk radio....seriously, Jets fans may be the most obnoxious fans in football.

Mt Dew and Excedrin for Headache, with a bong hit and a greasy cheesburger for nausea.

Aspirin and a huge glass of water/juice/gatorade etc before you go to bed too....if you can remember or function enough to do it.

I blackout before I can function to drink a gatorade

Yup.....just stick with the hangover cure. Bonghit first....helps keep what you eat down. Then turn down the AC to about 70....nice and cool...and lie in a dark room untill the aspirin kicks in. Then get your wife/girlfriend/etc to go get a greasy cheeseburger and Mt. Dew.

Then turn on college football and scratch your nuts. All better.

Common problem.

I've figured it out such that before I leave for the bar, I try to remember to put a 1L bottle of water or gatorade right on my pillow, that way when I come home drunk, it's hard for me to miss. Of course...doesn't work every time.

Worst was I had started drinking about 6 or 7pm with some pals at about 11:30 when I was 12 or so beers deep I got a called in for a 1:30 8 hour shift. I had to go through all the awful stages of drunk to hungover that you would normally do when your asleep and by 9am I was crawling. The CN hump never saw so much puke

I've figured it out such that before I leave for the bar, I try to remember to put a 1L bottle of water or gatorade right on my pillow, that way when I come home drunk, it's hard for me to miss. Of course...doesn't work every time.

I'd wake up with a sore neck from sleeping on a gatorade bottle all night

went to the patriots last night, needless to say today was rough

That was one of the most confusing games for me. I hate Boston teams (Yankees fan), as well as the Jets (Dolphins fan)

I was hoping that there was some way that they could both lose.

Its nice to see the Pats come down to Earth after last year, but it is tough to listen to all the Jets fans call talk radio....seriously, Jets fans may be the most obnoxious fans in football.

Yeah, I honestly don't like the Pats (go BC!) but this was one of the oddest games I've ever seen. I can't even say I enjoyed it all that much...

Sweating it out helps, too.

Haha yeah, our team has a 5 a.m. skate on new year's day. And I mean SKATE. You can smell the booze at center ice from all the boys sweating it out.

Ironically, one of my worst nights turned into one of my best mornings. It was earlier this season and I got absolutely HAMMERED - a bottle of red wine+a LOT of Heineken+quite a bit of vodka+lasagna = a pretty intense night. I wasn't feeling too well when I fell asleep/passed out early that morning.

n47004506_31159985_5407.jpg

*me doing the "Navy Seal" to avoid detection while trespassing - though yelling/bumbling "NAVY SEAL!" and rolling around on the ground at any hint of someone else's presence probably isn't the best way to remain incognito...but I was unbelievably drunk*

Woke-up a few hours later, caught my ride to the rink (avoided all things breakfast) and FLEW through practice - felt awesome (though we didn't do too much "real" skating, so I really can't say I was "tested" to the fullest extent possible). Part of me wants to believe that I was still a bit drunk from the night before and hadn't slept long enough to get to the hangover...but I pretty much felt the same (fine) the rest of the day. I'm wondering if maybe I found the perfect balance of liquor and beer - though I'm pretty sure no such balance really exists.

Either way, I don't think I'll be taking my chances before an early morning skate like that again any time soon...I like being in the line-up.

Someone mentioned kosher Coke as well, which is also from cane sugar. I used to get Mexican Coke from the mercados down in Nashville but now I can't find it up here nor can I find the kosher stuff around Passover.

Someone mentioned kosher Coke as well, which is also from cane sugar. I used to get Mexican Coke from the mercados down in Nashville but now I can't find it up here nor can I find the kosher stuff around Passover.

i am sure you can buy it online.

Yes you can, here. Shipping a case of glass and coke to AK might be costly though.

After talking about it, a coke sounds good. I should run out for a couple of bottles.

Also saw that Costco was selling it last year from some blog. Don't know if it's still true or if it's nation wide.

McD has spent a buttload of money on a water filtration system that helps the cause as well. Those of you out here in the West know that In & Out Burger has done something similar, but, still not as good as McD.

Along those lines, McD also has a "sweeter" Ketchup that Heinz provides to them.

Coke usually tastes best from the fountain at McDonalds. They use a little different formula than most places and it's just about perfect.

I hear the new McD's water filtration system using reverse osmosis is for their McD Cafe coffee stuff.

Either way, I don't think I'll be taking my chances before an early morning skate like that again any time soon...I like being in the line-up.

Looks like a lower body injury waiting to happen right there..

I try to smash a Gatorade or 1 litre of water before bed, take two ibprofens, and a mouthful of Pepto. You'll wake up feeling like a million bucks. The only aftermath will be when you've eaten some breakfast and downed a coffee (Tim Hortons for me). You'll have all of the liquor evacuated a few minutes after the last drop of coffee, and it won't be pretty.