Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

Mirrored Visors

So in the end we can conclude: Mirrored Visor < Non Mirrored Visor

I think the negatives outweigh the benefits of wearing one. Besides other guys unable to read your eyes with mirrored visor, there's nothing else that can be beneficial. If it was a superior product, we'd see more players using it in the NHL.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with it being banned in the NHL?

interesting, that i never knew before!

I think the negatives outweigh the benefits of wearing one. Besides other guys unable to read your eyes with mirrored visor, there's nothing else that can be beneficial. If it was a superior product, we'd see more players using it in the NHL.

Ovechkin v. Brodeur in the All Star Game in '06 IIRC. Brodeur got all bothered on not being able to see his eyes, no more mirrors.

Ovechkin v. Brodeur in the All Star Game in '06 IIRC. Brodeur got all bothered on not being able to see his eyes, no more mirrors.

I'm guessing goalies are not going to like them at all. Not seeing the guys eyes makes players harder to stop. Not me but player with some skill.

I guess you guys never saw the mirror-finish goalie mask, eh? The one that blinded everyone facing the net by reflecting the overhead lights... would have been banned in a heartbeat if anyone had tried it in a pro game. Fair's fair - no mirrors on the ice.

i dont see it as a big deal, i mean in paintball plenty of people use mirrored lenses in their mask. Most people are bothered by it in hockey though.

smoke lenses are nice.. just get one of those you wont get mugged for it.

I am not good enough to wear one, but I like them. I bought my brother one as soon as soon as I saw Ovechkin wearing it at the WJC. It is advantageous to prevent the goalie from seeing your eyes.

Technically it does not give you any advantage over the goalies as we watch the puck, not the players eyes. For the goalies out there looking at a player's eyes, that's just asking for trouble and most goalies learn that very quickly.

i dont see it as a big deal, i mean in paintball plenty of people use mirrored lenses in their mask. Most people are bothered by it in hockey though.

You don't do a lot of communication and telegraphing with your eyes in paintball. You know a pass is coming when you make eye contact, you know where a player is going by where they look, a goalie can read the eyes to know where shots are going, a ref can see the expression on a player's face to know if contact was accidental or intended.... Paintball, really?

Something also tells me that you don't walk in on your opponent and try to dangle him from 10 feet away before you shoot him. Isn't the point of paintball to stay hidden and shoot from a relatively far distance? How many hockey pucks are shot from inside of 30 feet, more than close enough to see where someone's eyes are looking (or aren't looking)?

I only used a mirrored lens when I played outside

When I played under the lights it completely blew with a mirrored lense

You don't do a lot of communication and telegraphing with your eyes in paintball. You know a pass is coming when you make eye contact, you know where a player is going by where they look, a goalie can read the eyes to know where shots are going, a ref can see the expression on a player's face to know if contact was accidental or intended.... Paintball, really?

What he said. basicly nailed what it is like playing with a mirrored visor.

Could you imagine I whole line wearing mirrored visors.

I bet in the next bad hockey movie that comes from the states everyone will wear the mirrored visors.

I'm baffled at the negative response to the mirrored visor when it comes solely to cosmetics. Do hockey players really stoop to that low of a level over a silly visor? I have never wore or one or had a need to, but when I see other players I treat them with the same respect as all of them.

I'm baffled at the negative response to the mirrored visor when it comes solely to cosmetics. Do hockey players really stoop to that low of a level over a silly visor? I have never wore or one or had a need to, but when I see other players I treat them with the same respect as all of them.

They see change like a "rat tail" hair cut on a grown man. You just want to hit him.

Fact of the matter. If mirrored visors were legal in the NHL a lot of forwards would wear them. Ove would throw one on in 2 seconds.

I can see marketing also playing a role in the ban in the NHL. Hard to market a guy when you can't see their face.

Something also tells me that you don't walk in on your opponent and try to dangle him from 10 feet away before you shoot him. Isn't the point of paintball to stay hidden and shoot from a relatively far distance? How many hockey pucks are shot from inside of 30 feet, more than close enough to see where someone's eyes are looking (or aren't looking)?

i wasnt talking about the purpose.. im just saying cosmetically..it doesnt bother people in paintball at all.

and in paintball you can shoot people from point blank/couple feet away if you get the chance.. thats the best hah.

I am surprised that this thread has gone through three pages and nobody has mentioned the reason why it isn't allowed.

If a player were to get hurt, the medical staff cannot see their eyes. That's why light tint is allowed in the NHL, but not mirrored.

Could you imagine I whole line wearing mirrored visors.

I bet in the next bad hockey movie that comes from the states everyone will wear the mirrored visors.

Yeah right. like anyone in the states will ever make a hockey movie ever again. dont hold your breath

I wore 1 for about a year because I liked the way it looked. Never had any problems on the ice except for 1 deflected pass to my mouth and a long visit to the ER.

I am surprised that this thread has gone through three pages and nobody has mentioned the reason why it isn't allowed.

If a player were to get hurt, the medical staff cannot see their eyes. That's why light tint is allowed in the NHL, but not mirrored.

Maybe a mirrored version that is removable like the DX100 itechs etc. They pop off easy...

No, because let's say a player has a spine injury. You don't want to be messing around trying to remove a shield to see his eyes.

cant you remove the helmet? not to sound like a jackass but what does it matter? the guy tending to the hurt player would be a professional and know what to do. im sure he'd be able to work his way past visor...