Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

Energy

I've heard Redline energy drink is supposed to be pretty strong. Supposedly it's designed as a diet supplement that increases your metabolism, but it's apparently pretty effective as an energy drink.

You should be drinking Gatorade after and during your workout.

ooooooh and an "energy" drink before like Redbull

The biggest thing is, when you drink sport drinks like Gatorade or Powerade (Im a gatorade whore) you're replacing the salts that you lose while sweating. Drinking Gatorade prevents muscle cramps.

Gatorade has never branded itself as an energy drink. On the label (yes I have gatorade right here) it says.

"Gatorade Thirst Quencher is a smart selection because it is scientifically forumalted to rehydrate, replenish and refuel athletes in ways water can't."

You might not want to drink RedBull or Monster before a game... I dunno depends on how strong your stomache is... :S

Oh thanks, i guess i should really look at the labels! :D

No worries.

I live off of gatorade when I play.

When we raced outside I used to make homemade Gatorade for my athletes. Saved a lot of hassell with sunstroke (Which that competition about 6 athletes got)

* 475ml Water

* 475ml Juice (your favorite)

* 2tsp Sugar

* 1/4tsp Citric Acid (food additive sold in most drug stores)

* 1/4tsp Sodium Chloride (eg. table salt)

* 1/4tsp Potassium Chloride (salt substitute eg. NU-SALT®)

You might not want to drink RedBull or Monster before a game... I dunno depends on how strong your stomache is... :S

I usually drink an energy drink with a powerbar about 2 hours or more before. Not right before or I tend to vomit.

You should be drinking Gatorade after and during your workout.

ooooooh and an "energy" drink before like Redbull

The biggest thing is, when you drink sport drinks like Gatorade or Powerade (Im a gatorade whore) you're replacing the salts that you lose while sweating. Drinking Gatorade prevents muscle cramps.

Gatorade has never branded itself as an energy drink. On the label (yes I have gatorade right here) it says.

"Gatorade Thirst Quencher is a smart selection because it is scientifically forumalted to rehydrate, replenish and refuel athletes in ways water can't."

gatorade is terrible by itself. you have to mix it with water, 1 part water, 3 parts gatorade for it to be effective, otherwise it's too sugary. That personal concoction you made looks just as bad.

Gatorade, Powerade, both of those need to be watered down if you're using them for sports, otherwise they aren't real thirst quenchers, or even beneficial

gatorade is terrible by itself. you have to mix it with water, 1 part water, 3 parts gatorade for it to be effective, otherwise it's too sugary. That personal concoction you made looks just as bad.

Gatorade, Powerade, both of those need to be watered down if you're using them for sports, otherwise they aren't real thirst quenchers, or even beneficial

You have any proof or reasoning to back that up or did you just make that up/personal preference?

I find it tough to believe that buy adding 1:3 water to Gatorade or Powerade you magically turn a drink that isn't beneficial into something effective. I also find it tough to believe that Gatorade/Powerade with all the R&D that goes behind it actually has no positive effect, unless of course you add some water.

No.

Gatorade has never branded itself as an energy drink.  It is a hydration drink.  It replaces sodium, potassium and chloride that you lose when sweating.

It also has carbohydrates that gives energy to fight muscle fatigue.

So yes, it is keeping your muscle energy up and then keeping your mental edge.

Oh Crap!

Would i be right in guessing that Lucazade Sport isn't an energy drink aswell?

Keeps you going for 33% longer ;)

(note. I live in Canada and can not get redbull so plz disregard it).

i found some at shoppersdrug mart in a mall in canada so i unno, and they are always at convience stores near me

This post is so rediculously old that they have actually started bringing red bull into Canada since this post was made!

o sorry i didnt recognize how old the post was sorry :P

Has anyone seen or had the new Sobe Superman energy drink? It claims it's not for children, does anyone know why?

It could be because of the amount of caffiene in a drink. I know that in large amounts caffiene can cause heart palputations in children.

Though, I must say, that watering down gatorade does not make it a miracle drink. Gatorade is designed to make you want more.

When drinking water, the water stops you from feeling thirsty. It does not necessarily mean that you are hydrated, it just means that you're no longer thirsty.

When drinking Gatorade it doesn't hinder your thirst mechanism. Thats why you probably don't like it.

I drink a bottle after our game, water during.

You have any proof or reasoning to back that up or did you just make that up/personal preference?

I find it tough to believe that buy adding 1:3 water to Gatorade or Powerade you magically turn a drink that isn't beneficial into something effective. I also find it tough to believe that Gatorade/Powerade with all the R&D that goes behind it actually has no positive effect, unless of course you add some water.

just the trainers of sabres and the amerks saying this, as its easier for the body to digest, no one big though

It could be because of the amount of caffiene in a drink. I know that in large amounts caffiene can cause heart palputations in children.

Though, I must say, that watering down gatorade does not make it a miracle drink. Gatorade is designed to make you want more.

When drinking water, the water stops you from feeling thirsty. It does not necessarily mean that you are hydrated, it just means that you're no longer thirsty.

When drinking Gatorade it doesn't hinder your thirst mechanism. Thats why you probably don't like it.

after is fine yes, i was talkin b4 the game or during

It could be because of the amount of caffiene in a drink.  I know that in large amounts caffiene can cause heart palputations in children.

Though, I must say, that watering down gatorade does not make it a miracle drink.  Gatorade is designed to make you want more.

When drinking water, the water stops you from feeling thirsty.  It does not necessarily mean that you are hydrated, it just means that you're no longer thirsty.

When drinking Gatorade it doesn't hinder your thirst mechanism.  Thats why you probably don't like it.

after is fine yes, i was talkin b4 the game or during

its the carbs that are hard to digest in the drinks. It won't hurt you any, it just takes longer to digest.

just the trainers of sabres and the amerks saying this, as its easier for the body to digest, no one big though

It's true...locker room Gatorade is way different than the retail version. They use the powdered version and while I do not know how much water they use, it is different. Been around two training camps (Nashville/Orlando Seals) to know the difference.

Perhaps the bodybuilding gurus here can shed more light on this but....

I believe that powdered Gatorade contains dextrose (corn sugar) whereas the regular bottled Gatorade does not. Dextrose is a positive sugar that is beneficial during/immediately after a workout. It also does something with replenishing muscle glycogen stores....again, I'm sure that the bodybuilding buffs have way more knowledge than myself on this issue.

Perhaps the bodybuilding gurus here can shed more light on this but....

I believe that powdered Gatorade contains dextrose (corn sugar) whereas the regular bottled Gatorade does not. Dextrose is a positive sugar that is beneficial during/immediately after a workout. It also does something with replenishing muscle glycogen stores....again, I'm sure that the bodybuilding buffs have way more knowledge than myself on this issue.

Oh I had no idea powdered gatorade had dextrose -- thanks for the heads up. All this time I've been buying dextrose for use with creatine when I had powdered gatorade in my kitchen.

Surge was the best! is that true or a rumor JR?

Taste it for yourself...its pretty darn close. I think Vault might mave a bit more caffeine.

Mid-Michigan was a test market for Vault last year, and it was only $.50 for a 20 ounce.

It has more caffeine than Surge did. Also the flavor leans a little bit more towards the "orange side of citrus" than Surge did and there isn't as much color added. Surge was a fairly simple formula intended to mimic Mountain Dew. The intent with Vault is to try and differ itself from MD.

I am wondering with your experiences what gel,bar or drink do you think works best before a game to get some energy.(note. I live in Canada and can not get redbull so plz disregard it).

Thanx

I know I'm late answering that question but Red Bull is now available in Canada. I don't take anything special besides a coffee if I'm tired, like when I'm playing late at night and haven't had a chance to take a pre-game nap. Other than that, I take a good meal a couple of hours or so before the game and it never fails me. I stay away from Energy drinks and bars as they are usually high in sugar, cafeine and other crap that have not been scientifically proven to give you any more benefits than coffee for exemple.

As for Powerade/Gatorade, the best drink is still water to hydrate yourself during and after a game. Sports drinks ending in Ade lol are usually full of surgar and some minerals. You're much better off making your own drink mixing water, orange juice and a bit of salt together. May not taste as good as Powerade or Gatorade but will be better for you. Ever saw a tennis player drink Gatorade at Winbledon??? they pretty much all carry a bottle of the mixture I just described, water and bananas. I usually have a banana a few minutes before the game if I'm hungry and that too does the trick.