Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

Energy

I am wondering with your experiences what gel,bar or drink do you think works best before a game to get some energy.(note. I live in Canada and can not get redbull so plz disregard it).

Thanx

i heard a drink called "vespa" is good for energy and sore muscles ,i personally have never tried it because id rather have sore muscles and no energy then spend 10$ on a drink the size of a juicebox

i heard a drink called "vespa" is good for energy and sore muscles

vespa is the worst tasting substance on earth. It smells like dog-pee, and though I've never quenched my pallate with dog-pee, I can only assume it would taste like vespa.

and I never noticed any kind of boost.

yeah ,thats another problem ,i dont wanna drink pee either ,for now i just skate through pain and tiredness ,once you get in shape you dont need any of the crazy drinks any more ,but at the start of the year its not a bad idea.

I live in Canada and can not get redbull so plz disregard it.

Actually some store in Canada carry Red Bull the Thai version, they are in little sirup bottles and the inscriptions on them are in Thai, they are exacly the same as Red Bull in cans. I just recently started to drink them and they taste like regular Red Bull (I am lucky cause I live right on the border of the US and Canada so, I'll probably go get a case of REAL Red Bull when the season starts). Other then that I use PowerGel, they are made by PowerBar and they come in different flavors, you take them before the warm up with some water and then after the 2nd period again with water. I sometime take those when I go running and you can really feel them kicking in.

EDIT: You could also try the energy drink Monster, is has the same color of Red Bull and tastes almost the same but it has more pep in them and insead of beeing a juice it's more of a cola.

Bawls. My friend and I bought a pack of 36 for a lan and we were practially running up the walls all night. And BTW, you can buy redbull at seven eleven.

Ugh, if you guys are getting the "real" Red Bull remember its nicotine content.

It tastes like death with a hint of bile, but Rock Star (forgot who makes it) was one that got me wired real fast.

i just eat fruit-to-go's before games and during intermission...100%dried fruit. tastes great and works for me

Just remember that most dried fruit such as raisins, apricots, plums, etc... has a lot of fiber in it and will make you have to drop a deuce quicker than you can say, "Oh $hit."

I like Hansen's Energy Drink in the green can. They recently renamed it although the name escapes me.

Speaking of quick energy drinks, has anyone tried the YJ Stingers?

I'll just have to wait for Nelly's Pimp Juice I guess...

Shorty-

Are you sure they renamed them or it was just another flavour? The green Hansen was good (Energy if I remember right) but the orange one was filthy. If they're renamed, I'll have to keep looking for them.

Just remember that most dried fruit such as raisins, apricots, plums, etc... has a lot of fiber in it and will make you have to drop a deuce quicker than you can say, "Oh $hit."

I like Hansen's Energy Drink in the green can. They recently renamed it although the name escapes me.

Speaking of quick energy drinks, has anyone tried the YJ Stingers?

i had the pink yj stingers and they tasted ok, but they didnt do much for me. i usually have a gatorade or a sobe no fear

How About..Gatorade and Powerade

I personally can't stand the stuff. Not only do I not like the taste, but they really don't do anything for me as far as making me feel hydrated. Give me water, water, water.

For energy I usually just drink coffee before a game. It's a routein by now. As far as killing pain goes, if I have any problems a heat pad can't solve I usually just pop a couple asprin before and during the game. Unfortunatly, that has lead to my being pretty messed up all weekend during tournaments and even for weeks at a time during the playoffs. If any of you can make any suggestions as to a better method of pain control, I would LOVE to hear it. Since I in no way desire to become addicted to any kind of drug, or even have my thought process impared by one at anytime, I am desperate to find an alternate source of management.

I'll just have to wait for Nelly's Pimp Juice I guess...

Shorty-

Are you sure they renamed them or it was just another flavour?  The green Hansen was good (Energy if I remember right) but the orange one was filthy.  If they're renamed, I'll have to keep looking for them.

Mack,

What's scary is that here in St. Louis we have the Nelly Pimp Juice AND Nelly potato chips available in 3 "flavors": Silver, Gold, and Platinum. I think for us uninformed white folk, that's known as: regular, BBQ, and salt & vinegar.

I tried the orange Hansens when they were out of green once and it was putrid-tasting.

I haven't seen Hansen's anywhere in the past few months. I think that they renamed Hansen's, "Monster" Energy drink. Reason why I say this is because I work in a grocery store and the old Hansen's UPC code matches up with this new stuff and it's also available in a green and orange can (although the can is about twice the size...TOO much if you ask me). I bought a can of the green and it's flavor isn't as good as the original Hansen's. I'll try to find out more info about this and see if this is the same stuff.

Shorty-

Is it a huge seller there? I would have thought it'd have enough to make it down here, but I guess not. Hell, I thought they'd have Young Buck stuff here by now.

I've always wanted to try the real Red Bull.

I used to get the carbonated kind before it came to the NA market. The airline I used to work for handled cargo for Lauda Air and the pilots used to bring it in by the case.

What flavours does the PIMP Juice come in?

I've never looked close enough to find out.

Mack,

Most of the stores in my immediate area don't carry the Nelly line-up. But the vendors who do come into my store says the chips and Pimpjuice sell great in the stores with a majority black clientele. I've tried the chips and they taste like...well....potato chips. Never tried the Pimpjuice, may have to press my vendor for a sample.

I'll have to try it if it's a regular drink and I see it up there. Till then I'm still stuck on this goddamn Fuze crap.