Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdjb

Adults using intermediate shafts/sticks?

if you can find them, an easton cyclone shaft with a standard blade is your best bet. If not, there are more expensive options like the easton z-bubble (currently the s15) in 75 flex with a tandard blade or an intermediate sized OPS.

I picked up 2 Bauer Tri Flex Gold int. shafts (77 flex) from LHS that was closing. the length is perfect and like a little more whip and it's very light. I'm 5'11" and like the stick to be just under my chin. The blade seems to get a little loose after a game or 2? Is that normal? This is my first 2 piece.

its about a 65 flex uncut

Thanks, prob way to whippy for me then. How about the shaft size: industry standard intermediate or larger?

I picked up 2 Bauer Tri Flex Gold int. shafts (77 flex) from LHS that was closing. the length is perfect and like a little more whip and it's very light. I'm 5'11" and like the stick to be just under my chin. The blade seems to get a little loose after a game or 2? Is that normal? This is my first 2 piece.

No, to fix that add a piece of tape around the Hossel then re-glue it.

i'm a pretty small guy, 23 5'7" 135lbs and i've been using intermediates since my buddy let me try his one95 int. took some time to get used to as i was affraid to snap it.

picked myself up a one90 int. and it was a lot more whippier then the one95 int. well it snapped on a hard pass and i received a one95 int. from nbh as warranty and been using it ever since! will never go back to a senior again, no need for cutting with the intermediate as well so it's exactly 67flex

I've used intermediates since I started three years ago. I also have a couple senior shaft/blade combos as well. I am a 25 year old female that is 5'5"

I use int. sized NBH vapor sticks, but i'm having a helluva time finding a shaft in Toronto, not a fan of the curve offerings that NBH has right now.

I actually lucked out this weekend i was able to find a NBH Sr. ONE90 with PM9 pattern 77 flex i had to cut off a 2 1/4" so i guess that would bring be to around 85-86 flex?

Hopefully this works out. the grip feels good we shall see how this works out.

I'm using Senior M-2 shafts, but in an extremely low flex (65) that's more common to Int. sticks. Absolutely love 'em. 95% coaching and 5% occasional skating out in silly hockey. I'm not a small guy either - 5'11" 210lbs. I find that the shot is more in 'throwing' the follow-through.

I actually lucked out this weekend i was able to find a NBH Sr. ONE90 with PM9 pattern 77 flex i had to cut off a 2 1/4" so i guess that would bring be to around 85-86 flex?

from what i remember, last week i was at hockey experts by 401 and kennedy, they had a couple of lefty one90 PM9 in 77 flex there for $179.99. price match it to nationals and use an spc card for $10 off and you'll get it for just under $170 after tax!

from what i remember, last week i was at hockey experts by 401 and kennedy, they had a couple of lefty one90 PM9 in 77 flex there for $179.99. price match it to nationals and use an spc card for $10 off and you'll get it for just under $170 after tax!

That's where i got mine from it was $179.99 -25% so it was like $134.99+tax

There is one more PM9 RH left.

They have a rack they are selling 25%off lowest ticketed price. There is a lot to choose from.

I just picked up a Montreal Nitro 8500 with a flex rating of 180 which is an INT. the stick was only about a half inch shorter than my Nitro 8500 240 flex. im not sure what these ratings convert to but i love the 180. I picked up the stick for $54 at my local peranis. O and im 5'11 220. (hefty)

I use a S17 65 flex intermediate for roller hockey. It allows you to take some wicked wrist shots, but slap shots are very difficult, since you can't shoot it too hard or the shaft feels like it bends 90 degrees and the puck flies up at the ceiling. And if you lighten up too much, the puck just stays on the ground. Hard to control your strength in the heat of the moment.

I tried using an intermediate shaft on the ice, and wasn't able to catch fast passes since the puck is much heavier on the ice. The puck literally flexes the stick, in my opinion. Of course you can carefully cradle it... One-timers off fast passes are impossible.

Found a broken Mission Fuel Grip 65 flex in the locker room today. It doesn't say so anywhere but it must be intermediate. I brought it home but unfortunately I don't see how I can make it work for anything useful (I'm about 5' 10" 170lbs). It's a shame cuz the shaft is really nice. It'll just take so much work (end plugs, dremmeling the crap out, etc.) that it's prolly not worth it. Maybe just for stickhandling in the house...or the start of a hockey stick chair :)

I'm using Senior M-2 shafts, but in an extremely low flex (65) that's more common to Int. sticks. Absolutely love 'em. 95% coaching and 5% occasional skating out in silly hockey. I'm not a small guy either - 5'11" 210lbs. I find that the shot is more in 'throwing' the follow-through.

Hull prostock?

Ive been coaching with a pro radius whip flex R8, very fun stick to shoot around with (I usually get on the ice first and shoot 2 binfulls of puck at the posts before practice).

How do you really know if something is too whippy/stiff for you? How much is it supposed to flex when you do it at home on your carpet?

How do you really know if something is too whippy/stiff for you? How much is it supposed to flex when you do it at home on your carpet?

You wont really be able to tell until you start shooting with it, then you'll be able to feel if its whipping too much or not enough.

So there's no real sure way of telling in stores?

Well, I mean, you can flex the stick in stores, but you're never going to know exactly how its going to feel to you shoot with it.

This is a little off topic, but I couldn't find a better place to post this.

My wife has an intermediate shaft she loves. Now comes time to replace the blade and I discover that replacement blades are nearly impossible to find. Couple of questions:

Are intermediate shafts being phased out?

Are intermediate replacement blades readily available anywhere?

If we can't find an intermediate blade, is one better off taping up a junior blade or trying to sand down a senior blade?

Thanks for helping me keep the better half happy.

So there's no real sure way of telling in stores?

Well, I mean, you can flex the stick in stores, but you're never going to know exactly how its going to feel to you shoot with it.

It will always be personal preference. For instance, OV uses very whippy sticks (85 flex for a 6 foot 1 245 pound behemoth) but Semin's sticks are rated at 120 last time I checked. To each their own.

This is a little off topic, but I couldn't find a better place to post this.

My wife has an intermediate shaft she loves. Now comes time to replace the blade and I discover that replacement blades are nearly impossible to find. Couple of questions:

Are intermediate shafts being phased out?

Are intermediate replacement blades readily available anywhere?

If we can't find an intermediate blade, is one better off taping up a junior blade or trying to sand down a senior blade?

Thanks for helping me keep the better half happy.

What brand and model is the intermediate shaft? Generally, most intermediate shafts take senior blades. The exceptions to this are the intermediate Mission shafts that took junior blades and intermediate Easton Synthesis (?) shafts that had Easton intermediate blades.

I want to say it's an Easton Typhoon. If it takes a senior blade, that sure would make things easy.