Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CTK30

120 flex pro stock shafts? Hockey monkey doesn't have them anymore

I always used to see them at hockey world whenever I was at one of their shops. You might want to check and see if they have anything. They were usually painted as Ultralights, griplights and cyclones.

try calling peranis in flint,mi. i know at their big clearence sale they had some of yashin's that were painted black with ul graphics. they were also longer than some tapered shafts.

Being in Florida we don't really have any stores that have anything besides retail stuff

Being in FL has never stopped me. I'll send an email and see what I can dig up for 120 flex, otherwise you have a PM about another available shaft. Most likely, as chadd said, it will be an ultralite, possibly a t-flex/synthesis. Havent seen any zbubbles around here higher than 95.

are you serious? you must have no power behind your shots.

Why would I have no power behind my shots?

I just bought an S17 today and I can't even use it because it's so whippy, 100 flex

My sticks also measure out to 71" that makes them a little flexier, but my sherwood wood sticks supposedly measure out to 115 flex, The get loose to quick though

It would be amazing to see someone get full flex out of a 120 shaft.

I don't know how well I'll be able to but 100 flexes aren't stiff enough

I'm decently sized at 6'3 195. I'm only 17 though so I have some growing :D

If thats your sole basis on flex then I wouldn't be so sure, my S17 was like a wet noodle.

Thats what mine feels like

And I can always get stronger for the 120 flex lol

If thats your sole basis on flex then I wouldn't be so sure, my S17 was like a wet noodle.

That's because 100 flex S17s are closer to 80 flex in reality. The stick should also bend on your wrist shots. If it isn't, it's too stiff. Most guys that don't have wrists forearms like popeye aren't getting their 120s to flex on wristers.

That's because 100 flex S17s are closer to 80 flex in reality. The stick should also bend on your wrist shots. If it isn't, it's too stiff. Most guys that don't have wrists forearms like popeye aren't getting their 120s to flex on wristers.

I don't really take many wristers playing D though so that a trade I'm willing to make. Right now my sherwood doesn't and my wrist isn't very good but I usually do a snap shot

I don't really take many wristers playing D though so that a trade I'm willing to make. Right now my sherwood doesn't and my wrist isn't very good but I usually do a snap shot

Snap shots require even more whip than a full wrister. You can't put as much juice on a shot without any windup.

You might want to consider a true 100 flex before you go that drastic. You have some size and your young, so the last thing you want to do is go too stiff. Not only does it affect your shot...you'll put yourself on the fast track for tendonitis. Trust me...it ain't fun. I went up to 100 flex, and had to stop playing for almost three months. The pain was terrible. I now hover in the 77-85 flex zone and have no pain...and one hell of a wrister. I play D as well, and I use a very long stick.

At 6'3" and 200 pounds, especially if he uses a long stick, that doesn't seem out of the ordinary for flex.

At 17? Unless he's benching over 300 lbs and is at 6% body fat...it seems steep. 120lbs per inch would take a tremendous amount of torque. The 1/2 rule..and we are just talking generalities...would say that a 120 flex would be for someone in the 240lb range.

this is assuming a "true" 120 flex...not an S17 120 flex, which would be close to a 100-102 flex...which would make sense to me.

I can probably bench around 275 barbell

hell..then you just might be able to use a 120 flex! :P

Hockeymonkey has a few 120 OPS.. catapult, 7Ks... mostly lefts... check the pro stock section. They also have a z-bubble shaft 110 flex

I'd pass on those shafts and wait for a UL to pop up. A month ago there were no less than 10 on eBay at any given time and I'm sure they'll be back up. If not, Cyclone Taylor usually gets bundles of them so check there.

I've used 120 Z Bubs that were actual Z Bubbles and some that were just ULs. If you thought normal Z Bubbles were fragile you have no idea.

At 6'3" and 200 pounds, especially if he uses a long stick, that doesn't seem out of the ordinary for flex.

At 17? Unless he's benching over 300 lbs and is at 6% body fat...it seems steep. 120lbs per inch would take a tremendous amount of torque. The 1/2 rule..and we are just talking generalities...would say that a 120 flex would be for someone in the 240lb range.

this is assuming a "true" 120 flex...not an S17 120 flex, which would be close to a 100-102 flex...which would make sense to me.

The weight rule I don't agree with because it doesn't take into account height. I'm 5'8" and 170 pounds and I use a 65 flex because my stick is cut to my chin. My buddy's 6' and maybe 150 pound and he uses an 85 flex because the stick is cut to his nose. We're about the same strength, he's really skinny and I've got a few pounds extra, and the reason we use different flex sticks is the length.

You're probably going to be fine with the 110, and should probably try a regular 100 in a stick other than the s17. As many have already stated in this thread, an s17 always feels whippier than the advertised flex.

I think I may try to get this

A legit 110 without a but end would be the same as 120 with an extension

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hockey...sr-grip-xl.html

Every 120 flex I've had is longer than a retail 110. I'm a tall drink of water and wouldn't need a long extension in a 120.

Meaning the 120's break easier?

Yes. Maybe it's the difference in flex between the focus flex and the rest of the stick, I don't know, I just know they snapped fast.