Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Black Vector?

Well i can confirm that its not a canada vector because as the finns were wallking out onto the ice, koivu had the same black vector. So the v130 rumor is starting to make more sense.

I think CCM should lower the price of their current Vector as its not a bad stick ... just a bad price.

Other than that the other problem I have is the slickness of the shaft. Their grip version solves this problem but the shaft should have a better feel in this area. The slickness is on the border of crazy.

I am curious to see what the newest version will offer. Hopefully they stay in the $150 price range. 200 bucks for a stick is getting plain dumb.

The reason why OPS were so slow to market after they came around for the first time in the 80's was price. The Busch OPS was $250 bucks and did not move in retail very well. Yes this was a few years ago but the economy stinks and Moms and Dads have better things to do than shell out that kind of cash.

Like any other product marketing life cycle the price WILL come down at some point. The company with the correct messaging and offer to market first usually wins. Everyone else then play catch up. Not a good thing.

Im definatly buying one of those. The blades were the only problem with the current Vectors.

It's not going to be the same shaft, they are 15% lighter according to the stuff I saw.

Hell I may be wrong ... probably am ... but I would love to see the marketing research and background these guys have to come up with this pricing.

My gut says they are closing themselves out of the market. I know they have the marketing facts but its seems wrong at first glance.

Hell I may be wrong ... probably am ... but I would love to see the marketing research and background these guys have to come up with this pricing.

My gut says they are closing themselves out of the market. I know they have the marketing facts but its seems wrong at first glance.

Well, Easton and TPS are selling sticks for that price, we might as well too.

-Research complete.

Thats the scary part. Thats probably the reasoning.

Years ago I worked for a company called Microcom. The two big Modem guys were Microcom and Hayes. for 99% of the customers that all they knew. The price points for the modems were about 3k.

Out of no where, a company no one every heard of, Practical Peripherals, comes out with a modem for $500 bucks.

Everyone laughed at first but after some great marketing and market education they kicked everyones butt.

Different markets but I can see a similar thing happening here. This type of economy makes this type of possiblity RIPE!

My gut says they are closing themselves out of the market.  I know they have the marketing facts but its seems wrong at first glance.

Well, Easton and TPS are selling sticks for that price, we might as well too.

-Research complete.

While that may be the reasoning, I think CCM will lose every time to the other companies. I agree with Ponty, CCM should lower their prices. I would wonder if you talked to store owners or employees how the sales were of each company. Say you have an average store, that carrys Easton, TPS, CCM, Bauer, and Mission, I would guess CCM would be very close to the bottom. TPS and Mission tend to be about 10 bucks less from my experience than the others. My guess is most sales of 1 piece sticks (currently, not cumulatively)

1. Easton

2. TPS

3,4. Bauer/Mission

5. CCM

I think Bauer is making a strong charge in the stick market right now with the XX stick. The graphics alone help it sell and the shedding of the TF name. I've always liked the Vector, the stickers are a huge turnoff because they kind've add to the slick feeling Ponty was talking about. The grips a great idea to combat this, but if they peel as well it won't help. I haven't been able to try the V120, but I don't like the idea of CCM changing blades. In a perfect world they would alter there sticks a little and lower the prices to match the overall product they are selling (price they make it for) rather than come out with a new lightweight stick. I think the "ultra-premium" Ops market is a little flooded right now, with Si-cores, Si-Core Grips, Stealths and Xn10s. Others companies want to come out with those thats alright, but I don't think it'll help them leap frog any of the other companies and will hurt their gains overall. If they made a good product and kept it at a lower price they would have they may take over the OPS (general I guess...not premium or price-point) and now have a good grasp on at least one area rather than trying to play catch up to the other companies in three of the OPS catergories...

..........On a side note does anyone else have the frustration that Synergy to Grip Synergy is $10 cdn, but Si-core to Si-Core Grip is $20?