Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

There looks like plenty of toe to me. It doesnt look like it much because it is so open, but the lighting shows off the kink at the end of the blade. Id say that is just fine. Slightly more tame than an Ovi.

any tips for putting more toe on it? I curved that under a door.

I did one using a piece of 2"ABS pipe in a table vise. It worked pretty good but the I got too carried away and made a ridiculous meathook though the pipe kept the angle rounded.

I just picked up a P14 Richards retail blade (it was a Bauer i.d. sample blade) and really love it. Having only dabbled with toe curves I made myself (see above post) this is the first legit one that I have used and although it is not a huge toe its a far cry from my normal Drury pattern. Are there any patterns similar to the P14 so I can keep my eyes open (since getting one of these retail ain't going to happen)?

any tips for putting more toe on it? I curved that under a door.

where you curved it looks really weak?

is the blade soft there now? or would it withstand a puck?

and also the easyest way to get that true toe curve it heat just the top like poinging in on the blade, it heats the toe up alot then just put on an oven mit and slowly curve it. its worked everytime for me and ive never broke a blade right after or weakened it.

where you curved it looks really weak?

is the blade soft there now? or would it withstand a puck?

and also the easyest way to get that true toe curve it heat just the top like poinging in on the blade, it heats the toe up alot then just put on an oven mit and slowly curve it. its worked everytime for me and ive never broke a blade right after or weakened it.

Fibreglass wrap peeled a bit. Blades fine. I'm sure it won't break on wrist or snap shots, but a slap shot might

Fibreglass wrap peeled a bit. Blades fine. I'm sure it won't break on wrist or snap shots, but a slap shot might

yeah thats means you heated it too close and directly on the toe, you got to heat all around the area on the part you really want to curve, then it will start to see softer, then curve it and i put it in ice right after, and once its cooled off, it seems like nothing had been done except a huge toe added.

so its pretty legit, let me know if you got anything else you wanna know

yeah thats means you heated it too close and directly on the toe, you got to heat all around the area on the part you really want to curve, then it will start to see softer, then curve it and i put it in ice right after, and once its cooled off, it seems like nothing had been done except a huge toe added.

so its pretty legit, let me know if you got anything else you wanna know

I'll try that next time.

I gave this a try on one of my old wood sticks, and got a serious toe curve, probably a bit too much, I was looking for more of a Kovalchuk curve like the one in the picture, anyone have some tips on how to curve it like this, I got a small piece of 2" ABS pipe from work from a plumber cause if i recall some one earlier mentioned they used something like this and it worked well for them. I edited the photo a bit to work for a left hand shot cause thats what I am, a lefty :P

Kovalchuklefthanded.jpg

there was this youtube video of Peter Sykora curving some sticks with this hand tool, anyone have any idea what it is so i don't walk aimlessly at a hardware store? (sorry i'd post the video but youtube is blocked at work).

Yeah I'm sure if you get crafty enough you can create a tool that would put the perfect curve without guessing. Heat, Insert, and bend till point a reaches point b.

there was this youtube video of Peter Sykora curving some sticks with this hand tool, anyone have any idea what it is so i don't walk aimlessly at a hardware store? (sorry i'd post the video but youtube is blocked at work).

you can see it in the middle of this video, basically a metal handle and then what looks like a metal box that you slide the blade through and get leverage from to evenly curve a section of the blade.

ok so heres my first attempt at curving my own toe curve, like I said earlier on this page I was hoping for more of a Kovalchuk curve, but im still pretty happy with this one. I'm trying to practice curving blades a bit before i try it on my Warrior Hitman to hopefully make a comparable Kovalchuk pro curve :P

2010-05-16_12-23-18_271_Clarington.jpg

2010-05-16_12-22-55_50_Clarington.jpg

2010-05-16_12-23-39_577_Clarington.jpg