Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

National's Sports in Windsor. They had about 3-4 left when I was there. $119 CDN

Bah. Canada does me no good. Would love to get my hands on one of those. Thanks for the info.

What are the current retail toe curves available now?

The Warrior Smyth was probably the best one availble, but it was replaced by the Kovalchuk... and looks like a big mid curve..

I just got a couple Hlavac TPS' from JR...Lovin the Toe curve. I've had a Hossa pro stock before, so I'm familiar with the mechanics involved. I tried a couple different tape jobs on the two sticks. One with just the toe area taped like I've seen on here so many times..and my regular full length job. Ended up using my full job throughout the game. Ended up with 2G.

What are the current retail toe curves available now?

The Warrior Smyth was probably the best one availble, but it was replaced by the Kovalchuk... and looks like a big mid curve..

You could still snatch up some Inno Maniacs are Thunderdomes in a Smyth at hockeymonkey.

BauerID has a p10 in a toe or p14 in a mid-toe.

It was one of the Kovy pro variants. Some hosels even had "Kovalchuk" on them.

for a lot of people (such as myself), a lie as low as 4 was kind of tough to swallow. the toe curve is great, but virtually useless if passes are sliding under your blade and youre whiffing on shots.

It goes without saying that if the lie doesn't work for you, it doesn't matter what kind of curve it is because it'll be useless.

That said, it's a pet peeve of mine and off-topic but I'm wondering when people will stop calling the Ovie pro a toe. Sure, it gets all kinds of fugly and open at the toe but it's a Sakic on crack.

Yeah i agree Mack, Ovi just looks like a huge mid wedge to me. Not saying it wouldn't work for alot of people but doesn't look like a toe.

Samsonov on the other hand might but open but it also hooks at the end way more then then ovi.

Samsonov on the other hand might but open but it also hooks at the end way more then then ovi.

Hmm are you sure about that? Looking at my Ovie and Samsonov side by side, they are very similar. They have similarities where the curve starts, curve depth and how much it opens up throughout the blade. The main difference (except the blade profile) is that the Ovie is longer, a touch more open and more curve at the toe.

for a lot of people (such as myself), a lie as low as 4 was kind of tough to swallow. the toe curve is great, but virtually useless if passes are sliding under your blade and youre whiffing on shots.

i have the same problems but with higher lie, i wish there was more lower lies than 6

I think that the best retail curve on the market(or at least that I can find) is probably the P14 Richards or P92 Backstrom for Bauer. But I just want someones opinion on this, I don't really think that they should make big toe curves in junior models. The reason why is that when your a child, you'd be using the curve for any shooting work rather than your wrists and body. I never even used a curved blade until I was 12. I also only used composite sticks when I was 12. I dunno, I just don't think that the younger kids would need it. But once you can shoot properly, it'll become all preference.

Hmm are you sure about that? Looking at my Ovie and Samsonov side by side, they are very similar. They have similarities where the curve starts, curve depth and how much it opens up throughout the blade. The main difference (except the blade profile) is that the Ovie is longer, a touch more open and more curve at the toe.

Don't get me wrong they are similar. Ovi looks more like a heel wedge to me with a toe, while the Sammy looks like a mid wedge with a toe. I could be wrong though because i don't have an Ovi to compare side by side with.

This is the Ovi im referring to, i assume this is what most will have and from what ive seen...

http://www.patterndb.org/main.php?g2_itemId=8832

This is a bauer though so could vary with a CCM.

Have/had both and the Samsonov is definitely closer to a toe than an Ovie is, at least the Samsonov version I had.

ovie.png

The Ovie's just an awesomely disgusting banana made from a Sakic to me.

Don't get me wrong they are similar. Ovi looks more like a heel wedge to me with a toe, while the Sammy looks like a mid wedge with a toe. I could be wrong though because i don't have an Ovi to compare side by side with.

This is the Ovi im referring to, i assume this is what most will have and from what ive seen...

http://www.patterndb.org/main.php?g2_itemId=8832

This is a bauer though so could vary with a CCM.

That pic looks like a P92 on crack for sure!

It looks like if you took a Sakic, heated it up, and twisted it open at the heel. I'm fairly certain if I used one I wouldn't be able to shoot five hole unless I switched hands.