Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

Multi-dimensional Gear Whore?

not so much in other sports, but bass guitar gear definitely. I have 3 bass guitars, and an upright, and I like to keep on top of the new stuff out there.

golf, completly ridiculous with golf right now. ive been taking lessons with a pro out of grand rapids and im trying to work my way to a decent pro tour so ive been buying anything and everything that i see just to try it and everything nearly ends up in my room, lined up to my dozens of hockey sticks.... oh well

Waterskiing:

Mastercraft 190 Prostar comp ski boat (with a marinized LT-1 in it..330hp)

What year is your prostar?

I haven't whored too much with the waterskiing. Just a new Connelly concept last year and a portable slalom course the year before, although now that I think back, I could have bought 12 pairs of prostock gloves for the cost of that course. Would rather have the course B)

Soccer is the other (worse actually) gear whore sport of choice for me

I have

Two Pairs of Nike Air Legend II's(multi's/Firm Ground)

Two pairs of Nike Legends (turf)

A Pair of Umbro Owen K-Leather (6-studs/soft ground)

A pair of Nike Total 90 Laser (multi's/Firm Ground)

A Pair of adidas Predators (firm ground/multi's)

3.5 pairs of Umbro and Nike Shinguards (have two pairs the same but missing one Left side pad :P )

A wicked Umbro bag with the bottom suitcase compartment that the wet/stinky gear goes into

Countless Training Tops and Sweaters from Nike, Umbro, Adidas

It is bad... :( And that is not counting the indoor/casual shoes that sport that are actually Soccer/Football boots or shoes of which has hit like 9 or 10 pairs in rotation with my other sneakers.

I always only buy Adidas predator or Adidas cleats. Can't really gear whore in soccer for me because it takes me time to get used to the cleats for my touches to go just right. I have flintstone feet so Nike won't fit.

I don't play any other sports but I am a terrible gear whore with musical equipment. At one point in time I had three drum sets, full PA gear, probably $4k in mics and recording gear, a couple guitar amps, several guitars, several pedals, and tons of cables and accessories.

I eventually sold most of it as I got into hockey and would rather spend the money doing that than sitting around the house and recording stuff.

I got down to one set of drums (with cymbals and hardware), one acoustic guitar, and some random cables and accessories that you accumulate over the years, but then I got a good deal on a second kit, and had to buy some different heads, and so on and so on...

So now this is sitting in my basement:

IMG_0128.jpg

I plan on selling the drums I won't use (close to half of them I bet) and putting that money towards new bags, cymbals, and hardware. Oh, I've got three sets of drum hardware right now that I need to get rid of too...

me and my dad play golf, im the same size as him so i get to use his nice taylor made clubs.

im kinda a gear whore in motocross. motocross is a racing fashion show, sure its about getting the holeshot and winning, but most people want to look good while doing it. thanks to it i have no money for new hockey gear. its a bad hobby to get into if your a kid with no job =[ have to wait for christmas to come around and birthdays and mow lawns\wash cars. You and your bike have to look good.

I have 2 sets of gear and i hate both of them, and need some new stuff, but dont have any money, i always have a fresh looking bike.

I stopped playing baseball at 16 (Im now 20) and picked up Hockey. I don't buy baseball gear, but every once in a while I cruise ebay for Lousiville Slugger bats or Rawlings gloves, just to see whats there. I also occasionally go to the rawlings glove customizer and play around, etc. And I'm pretty aware of trends in the NFL, especially helmets and facemasks. Anyone else totally gear oriented no matter the sport?

im only a gear whore for hockey stuff im always on the internet looking at gear and trying to find new sticks, skates etc.

I've never been a golfer, but after seeing the TV commercial with the adjustable TaylorMade R9 driver (adjustable loft, closed/open face, weights), I might become one in about 2 years.

Good thing golf won't cost me as much this summer... I am living at school and am planning on taking advantage of the on campus course... great course and only $9 to walk a round.

road cycling is my other money pit (summer-cycling/winter-hockey); never really got into the mountain/offroad thing

there's always components/accessories/clothing to get or look at

current ride...

specializedallezelitefrnn1.jpg

extend an offer to a fellow msher? im livin solo out in grand rapids and dont know any courses. if you want to get out and beat around the course let me know.

I don't know many courses because this is my first summer out here but one of my co workers is into golf so he will know some good ones. If you look enough like one of my friends we will have to steal his GVSU ID so you can get the student discount at the Meadows on campus.

huge soccer shoe collector and jersey collector.

dont really touch hockey stuff unless i need it.

That will change if you spend enough time here.

nah i dont really care for it, plus i cant justify throwing money away on hockey gear, soccer stuff, i always find a way to justify it LMAO

just picked up a new amp on ebay for some reason. Now I have to sell off a bunch of stuff to pay for it.

nah i dont really care for it, plus i cant justify throwing money away on hockey gear, soccer stuff, i always find a way to justify it LMAO

Im not trying to be rude or condescending here, but why are you a member on MSH lol?

Im not trying to be rude or condescending here, but why are you a member on MSH lol?

because when i need equipment im up to date as to whats available and i know whats good. wouldnt that be obvious?

because when i need equipment im up to date as to whats available and i know whats good. wouldnt that be obvious?

You will learn what he meant by that. Trust me it probably wasn't meant to offend. You'll see the gear whores around here, and it will probably rub off on you.

You will learn what he meant by that. Trust me it probably wasn't meant to offend. You'll see the gear whores around here, and it will probably rub off on you.

It did on me! When I first joined MSH, i only had one set of mid level gear, and two shafts... fast forward a few years, and now its trying to get rid of the collection of jerseys, skates, and 20 OPS/sticks.

i know what he meant. if i have no money to spend on gear, why would i buy it? hockey gear is too expensive to waste money on.

Yeah it rubbed off on me too... I had my one set of gear and I joined a month or two ago. Now I have two sets of high end skates and 4 OPS. Now if I could only decide on colors for my custom Franchises...