Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

yea but you can't buy a P10 retail, its only through the ID. so all of the retail p92, that used to be call naslund, will now be backstrom. and p10 on the id will probably become like lucic, or richards or something.

These last few posts have me feeling almost duped by one of the local stores of a national chain here in Canada. Last week I was talking to a worker, who told me that when they went to their training session for new models or whatever, that Bauer told them the X:60 was not going to be made. Mind you, this store does not carry any top line models of sticks, skates, etc. anyways.

Cams he probably just didn't want you to learn about how they aren't getting it in. If you were a Bauer dealer anyone could have gotten the stick and skate this october, they just chose not to.

Possibly, but this sports shop (national chain - not sure if I should mention it or not) doesn't ever carry the high end stuff anyways. I know they are due out soon, but this guy is telling me Bauer decided not to make the stick. I just thought it was not right for him to say that..... I never really buy anything from there, except my daughter's skates, as they are pretty good with the jr. skate trade in program - nobody else does that.

I assume the X:60 will be almost identical to the XXXX.

Possibly, but this sports shop (national chain - not sure if I should mention it or not) doesn't ever carry the high end stuff anyways. I know they are due out soon, but this guy is telling me Bauer decided not to make the stick. I just thought it was not right for him to say that..... I never really buy anything from there, except my daughter's skates, as they are pretty good with the jr. skate trade in program - nobody else does that.

I assume the X:60 will be almost identical to the XXXX.

If there is a shop lying to customers about products, you should let people know what shop it is. Chances are it will be addressed.

OK... it was SportChek. :) I just think it is wrong for me, a potential customer, to come in there knowing about this stick - thanks to this board as well as my own research, yet being told by an employee in their hockey department that when they went to their training in Toronto, that Bauer was going to release the stick, but decided they were not going to do it. He was trying to sell me a XXV at $89CDN, which I didn't buy anyways. I wasn't up to arguing with the guy, knowing that I was right. I find their product knowledge to not be that great anyways, compared to the more specialized hockey shops in town. I'm sure you can understand my frustration in the way this employee handled it.

seems to me he was fishing for a sale and hoping for the usual customer response of ... 'it'll be good enough' knowing it's not what they really wanted. However, to outright say that Bauer isn't making their top-end stick??? Not a very savvy salesperson (probably in Bikes last week!! :D)

Sport Chek typically has dolts on the sales floor. I always browse the sticks even though they never have what I want (RH, whip flex, drury curve) and I have heard the dumbest excuses when it comes to products. "Whip flexes break faster so that's why we don't carry them." "Easton doesn't make a whip flex so you can see that no one wants them." "Ted Drury hasn't played for years..." I could go on and on but Sport Chek is a consistent disappointment for me.

Well it isn't that uncommon for stores to lie so they can try to sell you stuff their in the store. In May I was in Vancouver at a the shop said that the CL was not a stick and that the top end stick was the U+, tried to sell me that stick instead. At play it again in MN I always got a run around on products, "bauer doesn't make a 40, they only make a 30" or my favorite "easton doesn't make stealth sticks' even though about 5 minutes later when i was browsing, i saw them on the rack. some just say stuff so you buy the thing that they have there right then and now.

Does anyone have any info about what steel is going to be on the new Vapor X60 LE, because now I see that more and more online stores advertise them as having standard LS2 steel, there are but a few that say they'll have the new fusion steel, hockeymonkey and that's about it.

EDIT: monkey dropped the fusion steel

There is a X:60 stick on Ebay for a buy it now price of $300. I would go after it but it is lefty.

and the fact that they'll be in stores in 3 weeks is worth overpaying by 150%?

There is a X:60 stick on Ebay for a buy it now price of $300. I would go after it but it is lefty.

and the fact that they'll be in stores in 3 weeks is worth overpaying by 150%?

Nope, but I know how much money some of you guys spend on sticks, I just thought somebody might want to be it.

well if youre still willing to pay 300 bucks to get a stick early...the same guy is also selling a righty s19 if youre interested.

well if youre still willing to pay 300 bucks to get a stick early...the same guy is also selling a righty s19 if youre interested.

s19 is in our shop in two weeks. lol. dunno who these people are who pay THAT much for a stick...quite ridiculous imo if it is in stores in a couple weeks.

yes there is. should be available this october iirc, if it is not, it will be available around april, as it is in the roller booking order. its a .520 available in 77, 87 and 102. blade will come out at same time.

Sorry, if this has been mentioned already, but what exactly is the .520 or the .470 (XXXX OPS) measurement????

OK thanks. Since I haven't seen the X60 shaft anywhere, plus it being in the 2010 Bauer catalogue, I'm assuming it won't be out in October? Kind of a bummer, I was hoping to pick one up.

Cams,

It's the measurement at the bottom of the taper that determines whether it accepts short hosel tapered blades or long hosel standard blades. Standard sizes are .620 and tapered are .520. Typically tapered shafts have a lower kickpoint (ala the Vapor XXXX) and standards will kick a bit higher (One95). The Vapor XXXX's taper is only available on the OPS, they don't make shafts with that small of a taper, as far as I know.

width of hossel. one95 shaft is .620 for standard blades. vapor line is .520 for tapered blades, and the xxxx is .470 for even a more extreme tapered hossel.

most OPS are between .470 and .550, which is why if you break the blade off you have to flip the stick to put a blade in it.

OK, thanks. I was pretty much right with my thinking on that. :) I just got my XXXX and can't wait to use it!!!