Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

There is a X:60 stick on Ebay for a buy it now price of $300. I would go after it but it is lefty.

well if youre still willing to pay 300 bucks to get a stick early...the same guy is also selling a righty s19 if youre interested.

s19 is in our shop in two weeks. lol. dunno who these people are who pay THAT much for a stick...quite ridiculous imo if it is in stores in a couple weeks.

What store?

There is a X:60 stick on Ebay for a buy it now price of $300. I would go after it but it is lefty.

well if youre still willing to pay 300 bucks to get a stick early...the same guy is also selling a righty s19 if youre interested.

s19 is in our shop in two weeks. lol. dunno who these people are who pay THAT much for a stick...quite ridiculous imo if it is in stores in a couple weeks.

What store?

pm'ed you.

hey x60 skate users. how tall is the x60 boot? like how far above your ankle does it sit? ive had recent problems with my left ankle and could really use a higher cut boot

width of hossel. one95 shaft is .620 for standard blades. vapor line is .520 for tapered blades, and the xxxx is .470 for even a more extreme tapered hossel.

most OPS are between .470 and .550, which is why if you break the blade off you have to flip the stick to put a blade in it.

You're absolutely right, if you want to pop in a standard (.620) blade you have to flip the shaft -- keep in mind that would defeat the purpose of the taper.

However, I've put in tapered (.520) blades into 1-piece tapered sticks. But only at the point of the taper where the shaft is wide enough to allow it.

For example, a RBK 7k (2007 model) and two Stealths (2006 and CNT 2007) were easy, because their taper-width was right where the hosel would fit. This year's RBK 10k also ought to be easy.

Not so easy: XXX Lite, XXXX, U+CL, S19, and so forth; in fact, you'd have to cut pretty high up the shaft because their taper is too narrow (0.470) where you'd want to put in a replacement tapered blade (0.520).

Which brings me to this observation:

From what I saw on video (and I haven't held it yet), the X:60 Stick is a 0.470 taper like the XXXX, and thus I'm probably going to have to pony up for the shaft version if I want to use replacement blades. Anyone have any idea as to the weight of the X:60 shaft?

held a X60 stick .....very nice feel and very light

Agreed, i was playing with one this afternoon while my skates were being sharpened. Very nice feeling stick, wish i had the money for one right now.

Anyone have any reviews of the stick? I also picked it up and finally Bauer has a stick with the balance and weight of Easton. Want to know how the flex, puck feel and shot is?

Flex feels as rated, it shoots better than any previous Vapor stick(IMO) but the downside is that there is very little feel on the blade. You can feel it there with the sheer lightweight-ness of the stick but you get very little feedback from the blade, I'd compare it to the S17 in puck feel. Durability, haven't broke it in the four months I've had it but it's not good enough, in my opinion, to use over my one95s and R2XN10s... I've only used it maybe 10 times.

Here in the UK no one stocks top end skates due to the insane costs over here - they are get to order only.

I'm currently using Vapor 40 skates 9.5 D. Almost a perfect fit except my toes curl up a little so I think I need a little more length in the boot and will probably go for a 10 D next. Not too sure how going up half a size may change the rest of the fit.

Looking at either the X60 or One95 - which would be the better option do you think in terms of fit?

Here in the UK no one stocks top end skates due to the insane costs over here - they are get to order only.

I'm currently using Vapor 40 skates 9.5 D. Almost a perfect fit except my toes curl up a little so I think I need a little more length in the boot and will probably go for a 10 D next. Not too sure how going up half a size may change the rest of the fit.

Looking at either the X60 or One95 - which would be the better option do you think in terms of fit?

I'd say One 95 fits more comfortable in the same size than a Vapor line , possibly there won't be any need to go up a half size

I saw the X:60 stick in person for the first time the other day. I'm wondering if anyone noticed that the PM9 (and maybe other patterns as well) have a more squared off heel. Why did they change the shape? Also, if you have used this pattern, did you notice any difference in the way your puckhandling felt?

I saw the X:60 stick in person for the first time the other day. I'm wondering if anyone noticed that the PM9 (and maybe other patterns as well) have a more squared off heel. Why did they change the shape? Also, if you have used this pattern, did you notice any difference in the way your puckhandling felt?

I havent noticed a difference

Is there any info yet on the X:60 gloves. Will they have a pro model like the XXXX did? Will they fit like XXXX's. I saw some pretty good pictures of them on the Bauer website, but there is no info.

Hey does any of the shop workers here know if the wholesale for the x60 Limited Edition and the regular x60 are the same?

A couple bucks more in Canada.

Is there any info yet on the X:60 gloves. Will they have a pro model like the XXXX did? Will they fit like XXXX's. I saw some pretty good pictures of them on the Bauer website, but there is no info.

They will have a pro model available. Same price as the regular model but not as many color offerings.

I've tried a pair on and the fit didn't seem as narrow as the XXXX. Nice gloves though.

OK... it was SportChek. :) I just think it is wrong for me, a potential customer, to come in there knowing about this stick - thanks to this board as well as my own research, yet being told by an employee in their hockey department that when they went to their training in Toronto, that Bauer was going to release the stick, but decided they were not going to do it. He was trying to sell me a XXV at $89CDN, which I didn't buy anyways. I wasn't up to arguing with the guy, knowing that I was right. I find their product knowledge to not be that great anyways, compared to the more specialized hockey shops in town. I'm sure you can understand my frustration in the way this employee handled it.

Don't get me started on Sportchek lol... Lets just say that I'm not very happy about the way they work. First of all, as it's been said in another thread, I'm looking for a new Bauer stick to use for when my Bauer XXV breaks. I got it of the classifieds for 90$ when it was still worth 200$ plus taxes around here. Now shopping around on the net from work, which is in Ontario, I find the Bauer XXV for 100$ on their website. Since I like my XXV Malkin but would prefer a P88 Kane, I figure I'll buy a couple at that price and be set for a while. I get home after work and my home is on the Quebec side in Gatineau. Try to access their website and find out that it's not accessible for Quebec residents... WTF?? They direct me to Sportsexperts which is actually worst then Sportchek. So I give the stores in Ottawa a call and they have next to no stock. They have one left in pretty much all of Ottawa and it's not a P88 and not my flex. So back to work the following day, I get online and figure I'll just order the sticks and have them delivered at work in Ontario and take the sticks home on the bus. No big deal. I go through the order process. Click on the Bauer XXV with 87 flex link and proceed to choose LH. It says they have assorted patterns. Cool, I should be able to get the P88 which is very popular or so it seems. Nowhere can I choose the curve pattern. I hit them up with an email, the 3rd one actually. One was a question and they weren't too helpful, the second was a complaint and the third was a question about how to choose curver patterns...

The answer: You can't choose a curve pattern, you get what we send you. That sucks ass. I guess I could order like 5 and hope to get two P88 in the lot and just bring the 3 others back for a refund but that's another problem. You can send them back to the company for a refund minus shipping or bring them back to the store for a store credit... not too conveniant. So needless to say, my search for an affordable, good stick continues. I love my Bauer XXV. Best stick I ever had even though it's not top of the line, it performs well for me and my limited talent lol... Now I got to research the X:40 as I believe JR said that they were replacing the XXV and if so, then that would mean that they should perform as well or at least similar to the XXV and they are $99.99 at Pro Hockey Life

Anyone having durability issues on the X:60 skates? I was looking at my friend's skates the other nite and there are a few areas for concern...

-The boot is coming away from the toe box, the stitching holding both together was gone.

-The liner has about a 3/4" tear in the red area on 1 boot.

I was thinking about getting a pair, but if these are common occurances I may have to pass. Can anyone chime in on experinece with the skates thus far?

OK... it was SportChek. :) I just think it is wrong for me, a potential customer, to come in there knowing about this stick - thanks to this board as well as my own research, yet being told by an employee in their hockey department that when they went to their training in Toronto, that Bauer was going to release the stick, but decided they were not going to do it. He was trying to sell me a XXV at $89CDN, which I didn't buy anyways. I wasn't up to arguing with the guy, knowing that I was right. I find their product knowledge to not be that great anyways, compared to the more specialized hockey shops in town. I'm sure you can understand my frustration in the way this employee handled it.

Don't get me started on Sportchek lol... Lets just say that I'm not very happy about the way they work. First of all, as it's been said in another thread, I'm looking for a new Bauer stick to use for when my Bauer XXV breaks. I got it of the classifieds for 90$ when it was still worth 200$ plus taxes around here. Now shopping around on the net from work, which is in Ontario, I find the Bauer XXV for 100$ on their website. Since I like my XXV Malkin but would prefer a P88 Kane, I figure I'll buy a couple at that price and be set for a while. I get home after work and my home is on the Quebec side in Gatineau. Try to access their website and find out that it's not accessible for Quebec residents... WTF?? They direct me to Sportsexperts which is actually worst then Sportchek. So I give the stores in Ottawa a call and they have next to no stock. They have one left in pretty much all of Ottawa and it's not a P88 and not my flex. So back to work the following day, I get online and figure I'll just order the sticks and have them delivered at work in Ontario and take the sticks home on the bus. No big deal. I go through the order process. Click on the Bauer XXV with 87 flex link and proceed to choose LH. It says they have assorted patterns. Cool, I should be able to get the P88 which is very popular or so it seems. Nowhere can I choose the curve pattern. I hit them up with an email, the 3rd one actually. One was a question and they weren't too helpful, the second was a complaint and the third was a question about how to choose curver patterns...

The answer: You can't choose a curve pattern, you get what we send you. That sucks ass. I guess I could order like 5 and hope to get two P88 in the lot and just bring the 3 others back for a refund but that's another problem. You can send them back to the company for a refund minus shipping or bring them back to the store for a store credit... not too conveniant. So needless to say, my search for an affordable, good stick continues. I love my Bauer XXV. Best stick I ever had even though it's not top of the line, it performs well for me and my limited talent lol... Now I got to research the X:40 as I believe JR said that they were replacing the XXV and if so, then that would mean that they should perform as well or at least similar to the XXV and they are $99.99 at Pro Hockey Life

The X:40 performs great for its price point, shooting is great, passing is as well, just amazing value.

The X:40 performs great for its price point, shooting is great, passing is as well, just amazing value.

What's the difference from the X:40 stick to the X:50?

Well for about $70 more, the X:50 is lighter than the X:40, Intellishot is still there, and more effective that the X:40's. But if you want the X:50, it's better either getting the X:60 or saving money and going for the X:40

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of X60 skates off of the internet. I don't have a local shop near me to try the skates on for size. Would much rather deal with a LHS but logistics make that tuff. I'm currently wearing a 7.5 DA in CCM U+. Would a pair of Bauer X60s size 7.5 DA fit me. Or how different would the fit be. Thanks for any input.