Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

DC/Metro Skate

If we do this somewhere around mid June, I can provide housing for like 3 or 4 people because my parents will be out of town for a few weeks (god bless being 25 years old and still living with mom and pops). So if some high profile MSHers want to roll through, you can save some $$ by crashing at my place instead of a hotel.

If we do this somewhere around mid June, I can provide housing for like 3 or 4 people because my parents will be out of town for a few weeks (god bless being 25 years old and still living with mom and pops). So if some high profile MSHers want to roll through, you can save some $ by crashing at my place instead of a hotel.

You don't want any part of the after-party in your home. It usually gets pretty ugly.

Man, we don't need to f up his crib.

We don't have enough in the account to cover the cleaning bill

Little late here, but I would drive up for the game if we get one. I have stayed that the hotel which is attached to the mall and rink and it is nice. Wouldn't be bad if you got a couple people in each room.

Mother Russia will take a net if keepers are still needed. I am DC local through the end of the summer, mid-August plus.

Can the mods pick a weekend in June/July and the locals can find ice time?

If not we can do it unofficially and find out when is good for the majority of people interested (docar + 1 more goalie as priority).

List of those interested

Locals

johnpace2

Saba

hockeysc23

docar15 (goalie)

Moose

Goonsquad

Allsmokenopancake

tamtamg (before he leaves)

interpathway (assuming he'd show)

minwookie +1

Out of towners

UMWhockey

misfit +1

MLSman

CapsFan

(3?) Mods

I guess we'd be shooting for 10 definite before booking any ice. I'm willing to take the helm and organize best I can, but I need feedback from the mods on what weekend (if any) they would like for this shindig to go down.

Also if anyone has any connections with the rinks in the area and can get a deal... that would be awesome. Otherwise Kettler is probably the ideal spot for this. Let me know, peeps.

Mini-- please don't worry about dates and times and all yet. I've been in communication with some people (MSH and with Kettler Capitals Iceplex). I'm working with KCI to find out when they are available and what times. I'm hoping to find out their weekends and bring that back to some MSH folks, then to all of MSH.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Mini-- please don't worry about dates and times and all yet. I've been in communication with some people (MSH and with Kettler Capitals Iceplex). I'm working with KCI to find out when they are available and what times. I'm hoping to find out their weekends and bring that back to some MSH folks, then to all of MSH.

I'll keep everyone posted.

I wasn't sure if progress was being made on this or not.

Between KCI, RIA, TGIH, CJ, Wheaton all being within 15 minutes of the beltway and most of them having multiple rent-able sheets, I don't think finding ice on a particular weekend is gonna be very hard.

But I have been wrong before. Once or twice.

I could bring down a guy or two if we're shorthanded as well and while I'm not local, it's only a two hour drive on a weekend. I think Saturday mid-afternoon would be best. Plenty of time for people to get in and plenty of time for a good post-party. That also means a Friday night party for the early arrivals and Sunday to recover.

Plenty of rinks in the area and I still have some connections at a couple rinks if we need some help. I only grew up and spent 22 years in NOVA, so if we are short on players or need help with the rinks just let me know and i can make some stuff happen

Sounds good. Thanks everyone for your support- didn't know we had so many from the area!

I think Kettler would be nice because of it being the Caps rink, metro-able for folks, and Rock Bottom.

If I run into issues with my talks with Kettler I'll refer back to these postings. As mentioned I won't be in the area in July but I might be in Philly (as opposed to East Lansing) then, so I may be able to make it back. I'm also thinking that when we get some times set in stone we'll dreate a new thread to do abetter job of seeing who is and isn't coming.

Got some info from the rink so we're making progress.

Unrelated to the DC/Metro skate planning going on (for the locals...) I think I'll be going to KCI this Friday night for adult pick up hockey, and takers?

When I have more ideas on the big (possible) MSH skate I'll update everyone.

RIA?? Is that reston?

What's the time?

and my hands of stone will be joining Min at RIA this Friday

Aren't you guys forgetting there's a Caps/Pens playoff game friday night? As much as I love pick up, I'd rather be watching the game enjoying a beer.

Is it going to be blacked out again? I don't get Versus...

and it's not the flyers... so not the biggest loss :).

Aren't you guys forgetting there's a Caps/Pens playoff game friday night? As much as I love pick up, I'd rather be watching the game enjoying a beer.

Rockville might be a bit of a hike from NW DC- decent game though? Haven't skated in over a month....