Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

DC/Metro Skate

To any DC/Metro area MSHers- has there ever been a meet up of MSHers in our area? Seems like there are some folks in the area and it might be worthwhile? Just throwing it out there

Interested people feel free to comment below

The only "official" games have been in Detroit but DC is only a two hour drive for me and I'd love to meet up with all of the guys down there.

It also allows for drive ins from Carolina, Jersey and Philly, all areas where we have a good number of members.

I'd definitely drive up to DC for a skate. I wanted to go to the last Mishigan skate, but it just wasn't feasible.

i think the central location number of rinks, hotels, memebers and ease of commute makes DC an excellent venue for an MSH skate

+1. i know there are quite a few of us in the MD/DC/NOVA area. There was talk of getting a game going on a previous thread, but nothing really came of it. But I'm sure with Chadd and JR's interest we could get something going. Also I would highly recommend doing this at Kettler.

Kettler is a great rink- Capitals use the rink and the team I work with plays out of there. If it hasn't changed recently ice is about 265 an hour. I'm only in DC until June 30- I can help organize a skate if we get some interested people. I'll edit the title to start a count. Maybe I could talk to JR or Chadd to see how we could get this to play out (as an "Official Skate" or just a group of people who are playing :) )

In case people were wondering- Here's the rink I've been referencing and their info. To those who are local- it's on the Orange line at Ballston. It's at the Ballston Commons Mall. http://www.kettlercapitalsiceplex.com/

I would be interested, but not 100% yet. I play league on friday at kettler, sunday at fairfax, and I just signed up for the hardcore hockey clinic which is saturday mornings in Reston starting may 8th.

Kettler is also good because it's right above Rock Bottom Brewery, which has great beer, and will put on hockey on TV if it's not already on.

Also, if anyone is interested, there is space on my monthly charity game this weekend (saturday 6pm at kettler).

It's all skill levels, from suck (myself) to college/juniors level players. I think Tamtang (who is a regular at it) was asking some of you guys anyway.

Also, if anyone is interested, there is space on my monthly charity game this weekend (saturday 6pm at kettler).

I don't get back in time but let me know about next month.

I would be interested, but not 100% yet. I play league on friday at kettler, sunday at fairfax, and I just signed up for the hardcore hockey clinic which is saturday mornings in Reston starting may 8th.

Kettler is also good because it's right above Rock Bottom Brewery, which has great beer, and will put on hockey on TV if it's not already on.

It's all skill levels, from suck (myself) to college/juniors level players. I think Tamtang (who is a regular at it) was asking some of you guys anyway.

Smoke where is the game this time? I've been avoiding most of the Caps boards due to the gloom and despair that comes with 1 bad play.

I don't get back in time but let me know about next month.

Will do, it's a good time, tamtang can attest to it, Saba has been out too.

Smoke where is the game this time? I've been avoiding most of the Caps boards due to the gloom and despair that comes with 1 bad play.

This saturday (April 25th) at 6pm at Kettler.

$20 to play, what is collected after ice costs goes to Hockey Fights Cancer (who have also given us some good gear for our annual Dave Fay game this year, signed Chara and Luongo all star pucks, an authentic signed gonchar pens jersey, rick nash signed hat, 08/09 dallas stars authentic jersey, signed by the entire team.

And we have some stuff Gartner signed for us at his retirement night gig

Hey Smoke,

Count me in for that. Maybe a +1 if you have room. PM me with details and I'll be there with $20.

Hey Smoke,

Count me in for that. Maybe a +1 if you have room. PM me with details and I'll be there with $20.

minwookie, i'm surprised interpathway hasn't passed along the invite. I sent him a message about it earlier. He must not of gotten it, pass an invite along to him for me if you can. but yah, the charity games smoke puts together is always fun. The group of guys are that show up are a lot of fun, except for smoke, he's a bit of a douche :P. All joking aside, smoke does an excellent job organizing the event and the money raised goes to hockey fights cancer, can't ask for much more.

*edit*

smoke, random question, but when's the dave fay game this year? I'm moving out to boston for grad school in june, so i hope i can make it out.

minwookie, i'm surprised interpathway hasn't passed along the invite. I sent him a message about it earlier. He must not of gotten it, pass an invite along to him for me if you can. but yah, the charity games smoke puts together is always fun. The group of guys are that show up are a lot of fun, except for smoke, he's a bit of a douche :P. All joking aside, smoke does an excellent job organizing the event and the money raised goes to hockey fights cancer, can't ask for much more.

*edit*

smoke, random question, but when's the dave fay game this year? I'm moving out to boston for grad school in june, so i hope i can make it out.

We are shooting for July 25th, which is close to his anniversary, it was the 19th I think last year, but definately July.

And yes, I'm a douche, because only a douche would miss as many easy shots as me at these things.

Some damn good players have set me up only to see it whiff wide or low into the goalies pads :ph34r:

*edit*

We are shooting for July 25th, which is close to his anniversary, it was the 19th I think last year, but definately July.

And yes, I'm a douche, because only a douche would miss as many easy shots as me at these things.

Some damn good players have set me up only to see it whiff wide or low into the goalies pads :ph34r:

too bad on the date, maybe i'll just have to make the drive down or something.

If you want to defect MD, I'm sure between me, minwookie, and interpathway feeding you passes all night you'll get a couple in.

interpathway feeding you passes all night

Which interpathway are you talking about, here? :lol:

haha, what i meant was you can watch interpathway skate end to end, do a toe drag or variant, shoot at the goal, and not score.

I could probably make it up if it is later in June or July.

Other than the weekend of june 26-28 I'm good for that.