Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

2009 MLB Season

Maybe, but there were also deals that were blocked by other teams.

Basically, MLB gives teams four months to make a trade without risk of anyone stopping it (outside of MLB for the "interests of the game" or players who have no-trade clauses), or a fifth month where they take the chance that other teams can block the deal. I think what happens is that fifth month convinces teams they're no longer a contender, so they start to trade off parts.

I'm loving this orgy of HR's by the Phils tonight...Ibanez with two, Utley, Ruiz, Werth, Ibanez and Utley getting their 30th, great stuff

I like Lidge's effectiveness right now. The road to the WS is looking pretty good for the Cardinals. Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good.

As my buddy (a DIE HARD Jays fan) put it...."When 11,000 come out to see the ACE pitch...game over"

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=290561

Can they get moved to the AL Central? Having to go up against the Yankees and Sox every year makes it hard to make the playoffs.

Funny they talked about that on the TV broadcast yesterday...They are something like 20 games below .500 against the AL East...adn 8 games above against the Central.

ye i remember the commentators talking about it a few times during the games, i dunno how i feel if they move to al central but i'll guess we'll see, first thing to do is to fire JP though lol

I actually wanted Boston to win so I didn't care but, "ball four" to Nick Green last night was hilariously bad. Umpiring as a whole has been terrible the last five years or so.

I saw numerous times this year where a situation begged for Cito to defend his players or get himself thrown out of the game, he'd just sit on his hands.

But after Riccarddi got turfed, the speculating has been that JP was actually the one who leaked that.

Wouldn't surprise me either. They got rid of JP 3 years too late. I wish the Jays would've had the balls to can him after his "5 year plan" didn't unfold.

If the Yankees win the world series then it's them. If not then it's Boston.

I found it funny that Torii Hunter, who makes more than all but three Yankees, made sure to bring up payroll in an interview today.

No solid stories yet, but ESPN is reporting a three-team deal.

Phillies get Roy Halladay

Mariners get Cliff Lee

Blue Jays get prospects from both Philly and Seattle

My buddy always bugs my that my jerseys are cursed. Every new jersey I get...the guy gets traded. He got a Halladay jersey last year!

Ha...

So the Phillies, in essence, gave up most of their top ten prospects for Halladay/Aumont/Gillies. They'll also be paying Halladay at least 20mil a year for 3-5 seasons.

IMO that's horrible.

My buddy always bugs my that my jerseys are cursed. Every new jersey I get...the guy gets traded. He got a Halladay jersey last year!

Ha...

you should have got a custom JP Riccardi one a couple years back, prolly would have gone sooner and not screw this team up :P

A+ move by the Red Sox letting someone else completely overpay Bay. Cameron will probably be a more valuable player next year.