Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

2009 MLB Season

mmm i wanna get myself the red jays jersey...looks sick

They pop up on Ebay every now and then...

Im sure they sell them at the gift shop at the rogers center.

lol blah...i'll get one sometime but nothing beats the old school powder blue

speaking of the jays what the crap is wrong with them?

In the middle of a big litmus test against their own division, and they're not doing well.

Shut out the O's today though. Cecil finally pitched well, as did the pen.

Halladay has the highest bonus for making the ASG. $125,000. I wonder if he'll be wearing a Jays cap or a Dodgers cap for the actual game though.

lol blah...i'll get one sometime but nothing beats the old school powder blue

speaking of the jays what the crap is wrong with them?

The guy has a lot of the powder blus, too.

Manny Ramirez grand slam left me a little salty last night. I wish we'd let guys pitch out of jams instead of going to batting practice-level bullpen.

He pitched a perfect game.

Did you see the comparison of his Perfect game today and the 1-walk no hitter he pitched a few years ago.

Both games were 2:03 in length...but had 27 batters (which I assume means there was a DP after the walk) and Eric Cooper was the Ump for both.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290723104. See near the bottom, he walked Sosa, then picked him off. Also, ESPN was saying that Buerhle was on the mound for only 32 minutes!

Also remember a game from 2007, Jays/Chisox, Halladay/Buerhle, http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=270728104. Game lasted 2:07. That's ridiculously fast.

Phil

He pitched a perfect game.

Did you see the comparison of his Perfect game today and the 1-walk no hitter he pitched a few years ago.

Both games were 2:03 in length...but had 27 batters (which I assume means there was a DP after the walk) and Eric Cooper was the Ump for both.

DP, or he picked off the guy... something along those lines.

I can't wait to see Rickey's HoF speech but it's embarrassing listening to the MLB Network try to justify Jim Rice as a hall of famer.

anyone see that 9-1 jays game that SOMEHOW we lost? oh my god...i don't wanna think how we'd be without halladay

That was the bullpen giving it up. Downs giving up back to back shots in the 9th, embarrasing. But going 1 for 14 with RISP? Talk about squandered opportunites.

They bounced back today, but too little too late. Dropping two of three to the Indians midweek was brutal. And they should've swept the Rays this weekend. So glad they have about $45 million dollars batting 6th & 7th.

Phil

i can barely watch anymore...and bases loaded in the last inning, i rather they just lose straight out, don't give us hope lol

i can't stop watching. I was born in 1980, been loving baseball since i was 5, started following the Jays since i was 7 (Parents took me to my first ever game at Exhibition Stadium, sitting in the aluminum seats, have been hooked ever since. And yeah, the year they got swept at home by the Tigers on the last weekend of the season. I still hate Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker). And every year, i watch intently, with the hope that this will be a great year. That's why i am a fan.

Phil

so the jays turn down the phillies counter-offer for Halladay...were do you guys think he will end up going?

i honestly think he will be a blue jay for atleast the end of this season...and it also seems like that the fans love him to death

ye unluckily i was 1 years old when they won the 1st title and 2 the next year...so absolutely no memory of it, but i remember swinging the small wood bats you used to be able to buy onto my friends head

edit: there is absolutely no reason why you would hate halladay, one of the best pro athletes out there

As long as idiot Riccardi keeps asking way too much then Halladay's not going anywhere. Or he's going to end up screwing himself by not trading him in the league and get garbage like the Twins did for Johan.

well thats the thing if he gets traded to the phillies they want 2 prospects and a rookie meaning j.a happ sure happ is doing good this year but you never no what your getting out of prospects and rookies its a hit or miss if they trade with the phillies in my opinion

I think Beeston is the one calling the shots on this one, and good on him for it. Ask for the moon now. If a team is serious at making a run (which the Phillies are and will do EVERYTHING in their power to repeat) then they will pay the premium. Good on Beeston for having JP ask for Happ and Drabek. Screw the Double A guys, no deal without the two top pitchers. They're getting Roy Friggin Halladay for chrissake! If he does go there, he'll be revered like Schilling was, without the whole radio talk show and mouth and blog.

I'm still waiting for the offer of a fresh bucket of bp balls for Rios though. Any takers? Anyone? Anyone out there? Thought so......

Phil

Jays finalLy looked decent tonight, even though the Mariners basically handed them the game. I like the way Romero is coming along.

The Jays aren't getting much of a return at all if they don't trade Roy by Friday. Offseason trades tend to net very little, like the Johan deal. And as a rental player next year they won't be getting much.

Some of the packages they've asked for are hilarious. Joba/Hughes/Jackson/Mcallister? LOL