Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

2009 MLB Season

Here's my shocking prediction for the season, based on the following facts.

1) The Sox have a Triple A closer who hits 100 MPH and was lights out in Spring Training (and the first three weeks of the season).

2) The Sox have a former closer who saved 81 games the last three seasons, although he is 39 and had shoulder problems last year.

3) The Sox have a current closer who has been good this season, but not great, and who has expressed he expects to break the bank when he is a free agent.

So.....unless Jonathan Papelbon goes back to being dominant, my bombshell is the Sox will call up Daniel Bard from the minors, use Takashi Saito (and John Smoltz) as teachers to Bard, and trade Papelbon to an NL team for a good bat, preferably a shortstop.

Lovin' the Blue Jays start. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down eventually...but it's been fun to watch them pound around on everyone. Should be interesting when they FINALLY play someone from the AL East though.

I had to be to quick in making a prediciton about the Tigers, 10 runs allowed in the 8th following 6 scoreless from their starter. Now thats some bullpen work if I have ever seen it!

Lovin' the Blue Jays start. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down eventually...but it's been fun to watch them pound around on everyone. Should be interesting when they FINALLY play someone from the AL East though.

quote for truth.

Uh oh. Mr May A-Fraud got caught lying again?

But in all seriousness... do the steroids wear off come playoff time? He'll have a bunch of tainted records and no rings to show for it.

ArodPurse.jpg

...cant stand that guy.

also, go jays go!

I'm surprised that the shitshow that is the Yankees team hasn't killed Steinbrenner yet.

This is their best start in years in terms of record, And that's without Arod.

Yeah, really struggling.

It's shocking to me that Matt Garza has been pedestrian this season, because he's been Cy Young quality against the Sox going back to last year.

i think its safe to say when you set a team high earned runs in one inning, and ose a game 22-4, it could be said that the yankees arent exactly in exceptional shape.

I'm surprised that the shitshow that is the Yankees team hasn't killed Steinbrenner yet.

Yeah, really struggling.

Their (vastly overpaid) FAs are struggling; the entire A-Rod ordeal they're dealing with; can't sell out the new park. Yeah, it's a creamy season.

Yeah, really struggling.

Their (vastly overpaid) FAs are struggling; the entire A-Rod ordeal they're dealing with; can't sell out the new park. Yeah, it's a creamy season.

I don't think they would be able to sell out the new park due to the price of tickets, and when A-Rod comes back it is going to be a huge addition to the lineup because Pena does not even compare.

Anyone else see Rick Ankiel go into the wall last night? I can't believe he wasn't hurt worse.

yeah didnt he just get released from the hospital. Looked much worse than it actually was i guess, his back seemed to jar awfully bad tho.

Anyone else see Rick Ankiel go into the wall last night? I can't believe he wasn't hurt worse.

yeah didnt he just get released from the hospital. Looked much worse than it actually was i guess, his back seemed to jar awfully bad tho.

Yeah...just saw it on TSN....that's what made me think to see if it was mentioned.

his neck and back looked terrible during the collision. Surprised he stayed conscious. said he had moderate tingling and numbness in face. id say so/

Also, the reds are literally making me ill. glad they won today, but that walk off error to lose last night just sucked big time.

Blue Jays pulled one out of the fire today...still enjoying this...waiting for the fun to stop.

Why did Cito Gaston not get another job all these years??? Not only is he a class act all around...he obviously knows how to handle professional ball players and LOVES to teach/talk hitting.