Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

2009 MLB Season

Everyone still think no Red Sox being named in the Mitchell report has nothing to do with Mitchell working for the Sox? You can't convince me that Manny jjust started taking things now after everything that's gone on. Plus Ortiz's homerun totals in Minnesota were: 1,9,0,10,18,20 then he goes to the Sox and they jump to 31,41,47,54,35,23..... ya don't just learn how to hit and start blasting homeruns in your 7th season.

Always liked Manny's goofy demeanor.... Sadly he is probably the last person in this era that I would have suspected being on anything....

he has hit the long ball his entire career from high school up till now.... I once heard that he never struck out in High school...

I would really love to believe that this is a one-time incident with something unrelated to any type of steroid or HGH , but sadly, we will never really ever know the truth.

Everyone still think no Red Sox being named in the Mitchell report has nothing to do with Mitchell working for the Sox? You can't convince me that Manny jjust started taking things now after everything that's gone on.

Most Red Sox fans will argue that. At the very least I'm sure no one on the Sox had any idea it was going on.

I can't wait to see if Curt Shilling has anything to say.

Manny Ramirez to be suspended 50 games for PED's

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

How freakin' dumb do you have to be to still be using something in MLB.

Oh, no wait...it's just Manny being Manny...all is forgiven.

He has done a lot of stupid stuff on the field, but this is terrible, after everything going in the MLB on cracking down on banded substances why would he still use stuff containing these substances.

Manny Ramirez to be suspended 50 games for PED's

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

How freakin' dumb do you have to be to still be using something in MLB.

Oh, no wait...it's just Manny being Manny...all is forgiven.

He has done a lot of stupid stuff on the field, but this is terrible, after everything going in the MLB on cracking down on banded substances why would he still use stuff containing these substances.

There are plenty of apologists that will point to the fact that he wasn't caught with HGH or steroids and insist that he got a raw deal.

The guy can hit, and i will never say anything against that fact....

that being said, for the past few years , i've thought that he is one of the worst examples for MLB. i think he's an absolute slob, he is horrible in the field, and the whole "manny being manny" attitude is just the world trying to make it ok for him to be a complete douche.

this just makes my thoughts all that more solidified. as they just reported on sportscenter, if he had an issue, he could have gone to the Union and gotten a medical exemption of sorts if he had a true personal health issue. he could have talked to team doctors and said is this ok to take. other avenues as well were available if this was a "personal" issue. oh ya, and why doesn't he appeal...

It's the same drug Canseco got probation for trying to sneak into Mexico. It is used by users who are trying to get their levels up after quitting steroids cold-turkey.

In the wake of seeing another of his PED allegations prove true, Jose Canseco decided to hold a press conference in Beverly Hills on Thursday to address the inevitable horde of media eager to capture his "I told you so." Only problem? The presser was only attended by a reporter from the Associated Press, a photographer, four camera crews and his lawyer.

eptsportsmlbexperts7176.jpg

I've said Manny has been on steroids since he was with Cleveland. I distinctly remember him breaking two bats on check swings, I know one was against Baltimore... At the time, I "KNEW" there was something up. (I say "knew" because I was confident then, not soo much now)

Wasn't there an issue when he signed with the Red Sox about him refusing a drug test while in the Dominican Republic during the off-season?

I recall a report about allegations of certain players taking steroids in the off-season while out of the country and flushing their system before the season began... Not sure if there was ever any weight to the story, just something I remember hearing on ESPN forever ago.

But he sure is looking right on all of his allegations.

Exactly. I would have thought media would pick up on the fact that he's been onto something for some time but has been shunned. I'm guilty of thinking the same when his first book came out but since then he's proven himself to be spot-on.

But he sure is looking right on all of his allegations.

Exactly. I would have thought media would pick up on the fact that he's been onto something for some time but has been shunned. I'm guilty of thinking the same when his first book came out but since then he's proven himself to be spot-on.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. The guy tries to make himself into a walking media circus ( his upcoming mma fight against that 7' whatever guy? even though he got knocked out in celebrity boxing, his action star reel) its hard to take him seriously.

There are the Blue Jays we all know and have grown used too since the turn of the century...

Speaking of the Jays, they have been playing terrible as of late.

There are the Blue Jays we all know and have grown used too since the turn of the century...

Speaking of the Jays, they have been playing terrible as of late.

I'm pretty sure that is what he was getting at :huh:

blah their coming back down to earth...i'm pretty sure jays would be fine if we still had aj...at least 2 solid wins out of a 3-4 game series

I dont think Doc can single handedly pull the jays out of this spiral. they look like a little league team. poor fielding, bad throwing and even worse hitting. its quite brutal to watch, unless of course you've grown accustomed to it.