Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

2009 MLB Season

phillies acquire Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco from the indians for 4 prospects(not including drabek) pending physicals

and also mariners trade Ronny Cedeno and 4 prospects to the pirates for Jack Wilson and Ian Snell

great move by the Phillies. Cliff Lee is no Roy Halladay, but they didn't sacrifice any of their future to get a solid pitcher

great move by the Phillies. Cliff Lee is no Roy Halladay, but they didn't sacrifice any of their future to get a solid pitcher

Knapp's ceiling is higher than Drabek or Happ, he's just further away.

And the Pirates robbed the Mariners.

Manny I could see, but Papi surprises me since he never looked like he even exercised. Beyond that, he's such a folk hero, it's disappointing to have the bubble burst.

On a different topic, I brought the ladies to their first trip to Fenway last night, but we did not have the pleasure of seeing the Sox win.

Manny I could see, but Papi surprises me since he never looked like he even exercised. Beyond that, he's such a folk hero, it's disappointing to have the bubble burst.

*cough* Mo Vaughn *cough*

Vaughn didn't have the city the way that Ortiz does. Sure, he made a hell of a tackle when someone tried charging Clemens but Mo wasn't loved like Papi is.

Vaughn didn't have the city the way that Ortiz does. Sure, he made a hell of a tackle when someone tried charging Clemens but Mo wasn't loved like Papi is.

No, but the physique and tail-off appear similar to a casual observer. I'm sure someone will now go to great lengths to prove me wrong though.

There are still some facts we need on the Papi situation, such as what he tested positive for and how it got into him. It doesn't look good right now for his great years but he may still be in favor of the ban if he is clean now. I'd hate to see the guy make a hypocrite of himself but better people have done worse.

well if youkilis needs a break or goes into a huge slump he can play first same thing for varitek cause martinez is 1b/c and then whatever ends up happening with big papi he can dh as well...boston also traded laroche to the braves for kotchman

I know that but i don't see victor martinez going to boston as a bench player wouldnt make much sense at all. Plus kotchman is also first so that makes it harder to find martinez an open roster spot

scott rolen was such an unexpected trade for me i just never seen it coming

cliff lee pitched a complete game in phillies debut giving up one earned run 4 hits 6 k's and i believe he also hit a single and a double

O-cab off to minnesota for a SS prospect (former 2nd rounder in 08)

Washburn to the Tigers

And Peavy FINALLY to the white sox

This was such a busy deadline day, so many big names changing teams, awesome stuff!

I still can believe that the blue jays turned down Joe Saunders, Erick Aybar, and Brandon Wood (16th best prospect in MLB), those guys were waiting for someone to get REALLY desperate.

Coming from 18 and 20 hrs in Minnesota to 31, 41, 47 and 54 homers in a park that's not geared to lefties? Come on.

He was getting far more at bats in Boston, anywhere from 200 to 350 more, as well as playing during what most people consider the peak years for baseball players: 28-32. Also, Ted Williams hit 248 of his 521 homers at Fenway, so I don't think it's as cavernous to lefties as you might think.

Even comparing him to Mo doesn't compute, because Mo looked muscular under his fat, whereas Papi mostly just looks fat. I'm not saying he didn't take anything, I'm just saying he was never one of the ones I suspected.

Ortiz was easy to suspect due to numerous things. His build in Minnesota being one of the biggest. He also was non-tendered by Minnesota 'cause he had nagging injury after nagging injury. Then he goes to Boston and all of a sudden he's this healthy guy. It also probably contributed to his lower body breaking down, which tends to happen with steroid users(sup, Ken Griffey Jr.). Then of course there's just the raw production.

Every team has a lot of obvious cases though, but the 04 Red Sox were full of them. The 01 World Series also had a ton of cases.

It also probably contributed to his lower body breaking down, which tends to happen with steroid users(sup, Ken Griffey Jr.).

David Boston.

Dude was so juiced it got to the point that he couldn't run a tight route without breaking something.

Boston hah, oh man. He had that one great year as he started to blow up, then his career blew up.