Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

i agree, the last roster pack really is wacky.not only in rosters, but in game play.

AI and other affects are tinkered with every freaking time; it's annoying. i really see it in my Be a GM mode.

if you look close enough, the EA site forums list the changes made in each update. seems they really listen to feedback from people and address the most common issues.

I too have noticed it is harder to score with the roster updates (or so it seems), but you have to adapt your playing style and change it up once in a while too - the AI learns how you play (I think).

Also - re: rosters... It is my understanding the especially for the AHL teams, they have to wait until every player has signed their pro hockey union card before they can have their likeness displayed in the game. The CHL rosters are updated and great, and seems like the NHL ones are done too. The AHL rosters need an update big time though!

Also - I like the idea of third person fights - that would be cool. I think the fights needs to be updated/upgraded. Not every fight results in one guy dropping another and he crumples to the ice. Plus, I'd like to be able to engage in a fight off the draw. I had some guy totally run up the score on me and he needed some "talking to"s..... ;)

Still though - this is a great game. I just don't like tinkering much with the sliders, etc.

Funny part of my season - playing as Toronto of course - I am 6-8-1 (or about that), and I have a whopping 1 PP goal this season courtesy of Mr. Luke Schenn (in my last game I played last night).

Since holiday specials have NHL11 going for about $40 on sale, would most agree that it is worth it to pick it up now or just keep playing NHL10 and wait for NHL12 next year?

I too have noticed it is harder to score with the roster updates (or so it seems), but you have to adapt your playing style and change it up once in a while too - the AI learns how you play (I think).

Also - re: rosters... It is my understanding the especially for the AHL teams, they have to wait until every player has signed their pro hockey union card before they can have their likeness displayed in the game. The CHL rosters are updated and great, and seems like the NHL ones are done too. The AHL rosters need an update big time though!

Also - I like the idea of third person fights - that would be cool. I think the fights needs to be updated/upgraded. Not every fight results in one guy dropping another and he crumples to the ice. Plus, I'd like to be able to engage in a fight off the draw. I had some guy totally run up the score on me and he needed some "talking to"s..... ;)

Still though - this is a great game. I just don't like tinkering much with the sliders, etc.

Funny part of my season - playing as Toronto of course - I am 6-8-1 (or about that), and I have a whopping 1 PP goal this season courtesy of Mr. Luke Schenn (in my last game I played last night).

I agree, the fighting system needs an overhaul. I do like the little things they've added but fighting in this game still feels very "button masher"

I couldn't care less if they took fighting out of the game, they need to fix some much bigger issues.

AI passing is still terrible. They will not pass it to the slot most times, they flat out miss passes often, they'll pass it with a man in the path, if you call for it it takes forever, will be offspeed, or goes somewhere else entirely.

D-Men can't make a fast play on the boards, they'll just go into board play.

Fast guys aren't fast.

There's no way to tie up a guy. You can either hit or stick lift, neither of which gets the man off the puck unless you put him on his ass or time the lift perfectly. So guys in the slot can pick up passes and snipe the open net with you standing on top of them.

The latest update made goalies better. They're better at keeping square to the shooter so you can't catch them slow to react and sneak in goals, you gotta get them moving, pass, and open things up. Much less tip-in goals.

I'm torn between turning the difficulty down or gritting through it now that I literally can't score goals and the AI is putting in 3-4 instead of 1-2. I've lost 5 straight after a season and a half of stringing together pretty good streaks.

You can engage in a fight off the draw. While lined up at the face off, press the fight button. Probably depends on who is on the ice, but you'll notice one of you guy tapping the other guys shinpads with his stick..

Jersey code finally came out.

The Rangers Heritage jersey looks awesome in game. Missing the Anniversary shoulder patch though :(

Jersey code finally came out.

The Rangers Heritage jersey looks awesome in game. Missing the Anniversary shoulder patch though :(

Where do you locate the code? I thought it was supposed to be by email, but I haven't received anything.

Where do you locate the code? I thought it was supposed to be by email, but I haven't received anything.

On the EA NHL site, but here you go:

bcxkg8fkx3h4m3p5

Well, my Leafs (in my season) are finally scoring some goals! I have got the play down pretty good, and game are quite realistic (well the Leafs winning - not so much). I guess my only problem now is power plays - I am a whopping 5% PP efficiency! Overall - a great game, but there are lots of updates/upgrades that could really put this series over the top.

I hate the pp/pk differential in this game. The Comp gets at least 2/1 on me all the time and that's if I'm good about it!

Adjust the sliders. Will help.

My PP to PK ratio is very realistic. However the numbers are down I think, but that is probably because I only play 7 min periods, but I use the penalty time scaling, so the penalty runs at the same speed as the game clock.

My PP to PK ratio is very realistic. However the numbers are down I think, but that is probably because I only play 7 min periods, but I use the penalty time scaling, so the penalty runs at the same speed as the game clock.

A LOT more happens when you play a longer period. Also much harder to hold onto shutouts...which I cant seem to freaking do!

They need to make a patch or option that allows you to increase the game speed online. I know they were trying to make it seem more realistic, but gosh is it slowwwwww. At least for unranked games with your friends, I understand that for ranked games the settings are what makes it.

Just started playing, love the game, just got a few questions. Does changing your gear actually make a difference? I changed the radius of my skates, gloves and curve and had a 5 point night...is this just coincidence or part of the game?

Just started playing, love the game, just got a few questions. Does changing your gear actually make a difference? I changed the radius of my skates, gloves and curve and had a 5 point night...is this just coincidence or part of the game?

I've been trying to figure that out for a few iterations of the game. I swear that if in BeAPro I go 3-4 games scrapping for points, being very cold, if I go and change my stick I'll be back with a hattrick or something. And vice versa, changing equipment on a hot streak will end it. I can't tell if the game is doing crap behind the scenes or what.

I do know they still make the AI catch up. They could have gotten 3 shots in the game, but invariably my top defensive +/- line will be out and the opposing team will dangle a guy, pass through the legs of another, and throw it across the crease past my 2 best D onto the tape of a crashing forward and put it in the empty net since my goalie seized up after the first pass.

If I remember right it gives you a little accomplishment plaque and that's about it. You can't continue on or anything after that. I did it in NHL '09 or '10. It was actually kinda irritating because I didn't realize I had set it for only 5 years, and my team was just starting to become awesome.