Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

florea_5

Best blade/shaft combo out there ?

My favorite right now is a Rbk 7k Sickick, and I'm about to order an 8k Sickick shaft. I'll probably pair it with either a Warrior Dolomite HD or a Mission Pro Stock, but this is the best kick and shot I've had yet.

I have a 7k sickkick shaft I do not want..nor ever use...I used it maybe once

For me, it is tough to beat the One95 shaft and blade combo

I think it has to do with the flex and kickpoint. Every shaft I've used to date has been off on something. The Dolomite 75 flex has a nice low kickpoint, but it's too stiff when I cut 5" off it. The Synergy 2 70 flex was nice and whippy, but the kickpoint is basically no different than a standard shaft. The One90 67 flex was way too whippy to use at all. Mission L-2 75 flex was whippy enough, but it took Jr blades and seemed to torque on shots.

That 75 flex 7k (which is actually a OPS with the blade cut off) has the nice whippy flex but loads up with the low kickpoint, and it's made a big difference in my shooting. No torquing either.

i'm really curious to see how your 8k experiment works out as i'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you. i also need to cut about 4-4.5" off the shaft to my desired playing length have tried some of the same combos as you with almost the same results. like you, i felt the dolo was just a touch too stiff and the one95 int. 67 flex is a bit too whippy.

please keep me posted if the 8k plays to your desired flex as i think i have the exact preference in flex profile/playing length as you. also, is there any way to remove the grip coating on the 8k? thanks.

It's on hold for now because I just picked up a One95 67 flex OPS for $100 :D

Was that One95 a one piece or a shaft?

My favorite right now is a Rbk 7k Sickick, and I'm about to order an 8k Sickick shaft. I'll probably pair it with either a Warrior Dolomite HD or a Mission Pro Stock, but this is the best kick and shot I've had yet.

I have a 7k sickkick shaft I do not want..nor ever use...I used it maybe once

For me, it is tough to beat the One95 shaft and blade combo

I think it has to do with the flex and kickpoint. Every shaft I've used to date has been off on something. The Dolomite 75 flex has a nice low kickpoint, but it's too stiff when I cut 5" off it. The Synergy 2 70 flex was nice and whippy, but the kickpoint is basically no different than a standard shaft. The One90 67 flex was way too whippy to use at all. Mission L-2 75 flex was whippy enough, but it took Jr blades and seemed to torque on shots.

That 75 flex 7k (which is actually a OPS with the blade cut off) has the nice whippy flex but loads up with the low kickpoint, and it's made a big difference in my shooting. No torquing either.

i'm really curious to see how your 8k experiment works out as i'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you. i also need to cut about 4-4.5" off the shaft to my desired playing length have tried some of the same combos as you with almost the same results. like you, i felt the dolo was just a touch too stiff and the one95 int. 67 flex is a bit too whippy.

please keep me posted if the 8k plays to your desired flex as i think i have the exact preference in flex profile/playing length as you. also, is there any way to remove the grip coating on the 8k? thanks.

It's on hold for now because I just picked up a One95 67 flex OPS for $100 :D

Was that One95 a one piece or a shaft?

just the shaft with one95 comp blade.

I bought an AK27 shaft w/the neat red "Warrior" on the shaft back in May. Really nice shaft..works well w/the One95 blade

I've never tried a standard/traditional shaft & blade combo. Do you get a different feel/response compared to the tapered/low kickpoint combinations?

Those that use the traditional shafts & blades, why do you prefer them?

....... just curious. Thank you!

I like the standard shaft/blade combos because of their durability. I also really don't notice too much of an improvement in my shot with an OPS (mainly on quick wristers and snappers with little loading). I've never had any issues loading the standard shafts.

I also feel like I have a little better aim overall with the standard shaft/blade combo. My aim is a lot better on slappers. Maybe part of it is because I've used them for so long.

I've never tried a standard/traditional shaft & blade combo. Do you get a different feel/response compared to the tapered/low kickpoint combinations?

Those that use the traditional shafts & blades, why do you prefer them?

....... just curious. Thank you!

#1 It's alot easier to find blades for them where I am

#2 To me it just feels right. I like tapered, really do but there's something about this AK that fits me well. The only prior shaft that felt this good was my trusty XN10 (RIP).

Does the 8K shaft have the same grip coating as the OPS version?? I hated the grip on it, it was way too sticky. Does anyone know if the 75 flex version of the 8K shaft is shorter than the regular and stiff flexes?

Does the 8K shaft have the same grip coating as the OPS version?? I hated the grip on it, it was way too sticky. Does anyone know if the 75 flex version of the 8K shaft is shorter than the regular and stiff flexes?

yes, griptonite, i hate it with my bare hands (i don't use grip sticks) but try it with your gloves its not as bad. ummm pretty sure the 75 flex version is the same length, i never measured mine but with the blade it came out as 59 inches with is perfect for me

im pissed that i cant find my pattern in this blade but xn10 or r8 shaft with a dolomite blade (hm pro blades).

Easton a/c shafts are pretty nice, only got a chance to stickhandle with my uncles, with the aluminum tip and everything, shaft shape was perfect for me.

I got a 8k shaft. Incredibly light! The shaft itself was 284gr. With a mission pro stock king pattern, 414gr before cutting and 392gr at my regular length. About the same weight and feeling than a 10K for 115$

Thats because its the 10k shaft minus a blade. Same as the 8k stick is just a fused 10k, so it really makes sence i guess why they only go up to 8k. Mine broke from a heavy slash, but besides that it was great.

I tend to favor the old reliable Z-bubble with a Z-carbon/S15 blade. Averages right around 430 grams total, so you're in very low one-piece weight territory and have a stick that is balanced well.

you can sand the grip off...i might do it since i like clear coating more, but its not a BIG nuisance like other grips

To me this stick was way too grippy. I tried to sand it off but it was hard to do evenly. I wanted to take just the grip off and leave the paint/graphics but wasn't able to. The corners/edges ended up being sanded down past the paint. Another factor to consider (if you're into looks) is that a large portion of the stick has a shiny, mirrored finished. Once you sand that it becomes...well dull and ugly. I haven't felt the OPS 8k (or seen one I don't think) but I would image it being the same thing.

You can add me to the list of satisfied AK27 users. I used the shaft/blade combo for the past few days, very impressed. I prefer it over my pro stock one95 (cept for the Samsonov curve, of course!)

I did notice that the 85 flex is very whippy though. Almost Bauer 77 flex whippy.

Do you use last years model? I used the AK27s last year, the gold ones with zcarbon blades, and only needed to take out the wood extension and 85 flex was very whippy. I heard that the newer version are stiffer/shorter though.

Do you use last years model? I used the AK27s last year, the gold ones with zcarbon blades, and only needed to take out the wood extension and 85 flex was very whippy. I heard that the newer version are stiffer/shorter though.

even shorter? I doubt that. Last years AK (I owned the red/black grip version) was the shortest shaft I have ever owned. I think its only 48" without the wood plug which made it about 3 inches shorter than standard senior stick length when paired with an AK27 blade.

What do you expect? When the shaft first came out all standard shafts were 48" with a 3" wood plug.

like I wrote: something not shorter than 48" like adam14 implied?