Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

florea_5

Best blade/shaft combo out there ?

best shaft I've used is a Z-Bubble + wood blade; have an ST blade in it now but haven't used it

the S15 is definately boxier in comparison, it also doesn't appear to taper as much :(

+ one on One95 shaft - it produces awesome shots!

I currenty use One95 wood blade, but tried One95 blade as well & it's almost just as good - nothing beats wood for the feel though.

Weight for the One95 shaft is right around 310 grams. Does it really feel THAT heavy?

not sure I understand the relevancy of the question since I didn't say anything about weight?

One95 actually feels light comparing to XXXX for instance since the stick is so well balanced

with a wooden blade the combo feels a bit blade heavy, but I actually prefer it so it's all good

Sorry, just wondering if it truly felt as heavy as it weighs.

i have an easton typhoon 80 flex shaft with a mid-toe modified forsberg (self done) easton abs wooden blade. it was cheap. 20 dollars for the shaft and blade...pretty decent.

my favorite though is my easton SE85 flex shaft (blade broke off the one piece stick) with a modified mid-toe sakic blade wooden...it has amazing puck feel, really really really light...ive taken a few shots in the backyard with it and its sweet. :)

lol heavy

I will never use a shaft that weighs more than 310 grams. 320 grams is just way to heavy, I can't even skate in a straight line.

I'm currently using a Reebok 8k Sickick II with a wooden easton blade, and I absolutely love it.

I don't particularly like the grip though, kinda feels like sandpaper. I love the feel of the wood blade, and its not too blade heavy in my opinion. Wasn't too much heavier than my One95 in feel, and I got my first goal with it using it for the first time last night!

just paired a broken S19 (cut about 2/3 of the way up the "9") with a Dolo tapered blade. it's incredibly light, we'll see what kind of performance i get from it.

You can add me to the list of satisfied AK27 users. I used the shaft/blade combo for the past few days, very impressed. I prefer it over my pro stock one95 (cept for the Samsonov curve, of course!)

I did notice that the 85 flex is very whippy though. Almost Bauer 77 flex whippy.

have any of you AK users used a wood blade in those? I got one coming here next week at an 85 flex.

Used the original AK with a Montreal woody. I enjoyed the setup. The feel was nice, the shooting was very good (liked it just a little less than my RedLite XN10). It felt a bit blade-heavy since the shaft is light. I liked it enough to buy another AK not long ago. I'm going to try a composite blade this time around, though.

ummm if its blade heavy cus your using a wood blade, put a plug in it.. i think that helps a lot with balancing the blade. im a wood blade guy myself so i always make sure that there is a plug in my stick

I'll try that at some point, as I still have a few Montreal CMX blades kicking around. Thanks for the tip! I am thinking of going back to two piece setups from OPS, so this has been a very helpful topic.

I dont know why theres all the hate on the S15 shaft. That was the first standard i had used since the old brown ultra lite and I absolutely loved it. I paired it with the s15 blade and it was shooting rockets. Lasted almost a whole year also

I'd have tried out an Ultra Lite if they came in a whippier flex, but I don't think I've ever seen one break. If I had a problem snapping twigs I'd be all over one with a One95 blade.

after using my rm19 shaft with a one95 blade for a month or so im starting to realllly like i. havnt touched a one peice since i got it. best of all is the shaft only cost me an icecream cookie bar lol

after using my rm19 shaft with a one95 blade for a month or so im starting to realllly like i. havnt touched a one peice since i got it. best of all is the shaft only cost me an icecream cookie bar lol

Nothing beats bartering gear with desperate teammates... I can't say I haven't gotten a shaft or blade for a meal from Dunkin Donuts or McDonald's.

I actually picked up a One95 tapered shaft today... I'll pair it up with a wood Vapor XXXX blade I had kicking around. I'm anxious to use that, and my Warrior this coming Saturday.

So did you flip the shaft? Or just cut it so that it takes standard blades?

There are tapered one95 shafts being old now. Only certain retailers though.

There are tapered one95 shafts being old now. Only certain retailers though.

He was talking about the RM19 shaft. The RM19 is tapered so the only way for the one95 blade(which is standard btw) to fit is to cut it or flip the shaft around.