Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.Gagne12

What´s Typical

Hi Guys

just something to talk about.

What you guys think is typical germany?

I think typical American is:

Big (Country, Cars, roads and even some sort of foods in that big XXL packages)

High Technologies ( Air Force is pretty impressive)

Very friendly people ( always beeing nice to visitors)

Maybe you can tell me if i´m right?

If you could choose- what would you like to hear about yourself´s country the most?

And last but not least your National Anthem (star spangled banner -i love it!) but i have to say that i also love Oh Canada Both are Wonderful

Thanks

Bye

I wish I knew more about Germany, being 3/4 German and my family being off the boat from Germany about 50 years ago.

To comment on what you think about America, it depends on where you are. I know in New York, you see alot of big cars, etc. A good deal of new technology going around, but nothing like Tokyo and the likes.

It's funny how you think america is full of friendly people... It is and it isn't. I know I'll probably get argued till my face is blue on this point, but I'm going to say it: New Yorkers are among the friendliest people in the country. I know people probably think of us as belligerent assholes, but if you think about it, New York City is one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world. We are all used to having people from other places roaming our streets, and it doesn't phase us to hear someone speaking a foreign language. When I travel around to other places, people are definetly friendly, but thats if you're engaged in a conversation, etc. It's something about walking through NYC and getting that random head nod from the stereotypical italian Tony Soprano Look-alike that kinda sets it apart, for me at least.

I love "O Canada." It's soo peaceful, its a song that says; "Hey, let's not fight, wanna drink a beer?"

You know, I was gonna say something to the affect of "Yes, lets have a thread on stereotypes...." but you know, I'm just not gonna touch this one with a fifty foot clown pole.

I love "O Canada." It's soo peaceful, its a song that says; "Hey, let's not fight, wanna drink a beer?"

Well said. How could you not love a country that brings us hockey, real beer, and O Canada?

Well said. How could you not love a country that brings us hockey, real beer, and O Canada?

BTW, I'm serious. I like the song, it helps that we have one of the best anthem singers in the league, in my opinion.

Hi,

i don´t know about chocolate but the NR. 1 Export Product of germany are cars and car parts and nr.2 is machines and machine parts with both combined for almost 30% of all german export products.

What does the USA bring into their country the most? I think it´s something from Canada, right?

Thanks

Bye

Hi,

i don´t know about chocolate but the NR. 1 Export Product of germany are cars and car parts and nr.2 is machines and machine parts with both combined for almost 30% of all german export products.

What does the USA bring into their country the most? I think it´s something from Canada, right?

Thanks

Bye

Illegal Aliens

;)

When I think of Germany I get so many emotions. My dad is German born and came to Australia when he was just 6.

I visited his birthplace in 2004 and felt so amazed that we as a family were able to do that all as adults. I love the country, language, women (who were very nice to me), food, EVERYTHING. Some of my favourite overseas memories come from places like Haiger where my family lives, the Dom in Koln, drinking beer with the local maidens in Munchen and scoring some great German jerseys in Bad Tolz.

I want to go back and live in Ingolstadt, work and learn more about the great sport of hockey. So I guess the answer to the question is lots of great memories! :)

I lived in Germany for a few months, in Oldenburg, which is northwest-ish pretty close to Bremen and Bremerhaven. Honestly, Oldenburg to this day remains one of my favorite cities in the world. The people were so friendly, the city was just great, the WeiBestraBe is the best pub district in the world (or was when I was there).

But then we went south, to the black forest region. Beautiful country setting, but people were not nearly as nice. We passed a campground with a sign I stopped to get my photo taken at. It said "No Blacks, No Jews, No Irish" (I'm Irish by the way)

I found out when we were back up in Oldenburg that the black forest region was an area of resurgence for the neo-nazi movement, which explained the no blacks/jews part (I'm not saying it's ok, it's despicable but that was the mindset of whoever owned the campground), but not the Irish. We found out then that there is a lot of resentment against the Irish who were there as laborers after WWII working in construction rebuilding the cities. The neo-nazi groups there thought it should have been all german labor.

But my impression of Germany and Germans is very very favorable. I loved my time there

isnt germany the biggest exporter of chocolate? i think i got that from the UEFA game lol

No, think smaller, and more central european, its full of peoples money, cows and cheese as well. and they refuse to become a member of the EU, because that would involve publicising the names of every person that has a bank account, which apparently is something like 86% of the worlds crime families, and most wanted drug lords.

anybody?

Incorrect. By volume, the world's largest exporter of chocolate is Belgium.

this may be true but damn does swiss chocolate taste oh so good!

Incorrect. By volume, the world's largest exporter of chocolate is Belgium.

this may be true, but the swiss sell more varieties (sp?). fun fact: the average swiss person eats 22.36 lbs of chocolate annually.

Seriously, though... When I think of Germany I think of great beer, lots of heavy metal and metalheads (all among my very favorite things). I've wanted to go to Wacken and Oktoberfest forever.