Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

What do you drink on the bench?

Water? Gatorade? Diluted Gatorade? Mix of the two? Just curious. Going to my first, serious tournament I've played in since Midgets 8 years ago. Just want to be ready. Doesn't help that it'll be in Vegas!

Either water or two scoops of Gatorade powder in a water bottle (it mixed up about 20 bottles worth for about $4 instead of wasting money on the bottled stuff).

I drink well water.

I used to go to a drop in where some guy in a Yzerman jersey would suck down a 2-liter of Mt. Dew in an hour...

His teeth were all brown and needle-like.

I drink well water.

I used to go to a drop in where some guy in a Yzerman jersey would suck down a 2-liter of Mt. Dew in an hour...

His teeth were all brown and needle-like.

gross.

i drink water. if i do have a sports drink, its usually after the game.

Oddly enough, I don't drink anything on the bench. At most, I will have one mouthful of water, and that only if I'm out there for most of the game. For some reason, my body isn't telling me to drink between shifts.

After the game, I'm like a camel though.

I used to have Gatorade before the skate...and water on the bench...but too often I'm the only guy who brings any water...so now...I bring a G to the bench. Most guys will leave that alone.

Half a scoop of Gatorade in a quart of water. So, diluted Gatorade.

And get the powder. $10 for a giant can that lasts forever.

or 24 591ml bottles for $15 at costco.

Half a scoop of Gatorade in a quart of water. So, diluted Gatorade.

And get the powder. $10 for a giant can that lasts forever.

or 24 591ml bottles for $15 at costco.

And the $10 can makes six gallons, which is about 50% more for 50% less money.

Don't drink too much water on the bench. I'll have a few sips mix it in my mouth and spit it out. In between periods I have a blue powerade and after the game.

Diluted gatorade. If I don't water it down it will give me a stomach ache when I'm playing.

really? never heard that before...sensitive stomach?

i usually get a sip of gatorade and then a sip of water on the bench...also depends how thirsty i am :rolleyes:

i can drink plenty and not get any problems when i play

I usually don't drink too much water on the bench, if I do my stomach feels all watery and doesn't feel very good when I play. I usually squirt water in my mouth and drink about half and spit the other half out.

Diluted gatorade. If I don't water it down it will give me a stomach ache when I'm playing.

really? never heard that before...sensitive stomach?

i usually get a sip of gatorade and then a sip of water on the bench...also depends how thirsty i am :ph34r:

i can drink plenty and not get any problems when i play

Actually I do <_< lolol

I usually just take a sip of water or two everytime I come off. Lately Ive been drinking a Gatorade after playing. I cant imagine drinking beer when actually playing, I think Id yarf.

I can only drink high quality H2O. Don't see how people can drink Gatorade/Powerade when they play... it makes me want to hurl!