Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dare to Dream 1980

Shining a helmet

Hi all.. I am in the market to buy a new helmet. I was looking through some NHL photos and saw how clean looking their helmets were. I searched on here and found a topic but nothing was really said... I'm pretty sure everyone stays with the same helmet for awhile so how do they keep them so damn clean? Could it just be the lighting in the arena or do they use some sort of polisher i dont know about? I am thinking about buying a black 4500 coming from a 5500, but i would like to keep it looking nice, clean and shiny. All comments will be well appreciated.

Thanks

Dare to Dream1980

Also, NHL and their unlimited equipment supply?

No. Teams do in fact set budgets.

Careful with whatever you put on your helmet. Wether it is a solvent based product or not, it allows the manufacturer an "out" if you file a complaint after an injury. In all honesty, water, soap, and elbow grease will serve you best in the end.

Forgot to put the unlimited word in italics and/or quotes.

My bad. I'd like to think that a team could maybe afford a few extra helmets for the year.

If I'm wrong, sorry.

I credit the board for not goofing on the title of the thread. You kids do me proud.

It crossed my mind...

Pick up the first season of Eastbound yet?

Nope, holding out for blu-ray. Not sure if/when it'll make it, so if it gets too long to wait I'll pick it up later on.

I heard once on here that NHL teams replace their helmets fairly regularly because plane travel and the atmospheric changes affect the helmet negatively and so they try to have the players switch. of course, every once in a while you come across a guy like chelios who looks like hes been wearing the same helmet since jimmy carter.

I credit the board for not goofing on the title of the thread. You kids do me proud.

Lol...

Well... most NHL'ers make sufficient money to pay someone to polish their helmet.

There... are you happy now? ;)

Lol...

Well... most NHL'ers make sufficient money to pay someone to polish their helmet.

Ha-zing!

Did you try searching for Shining helmet?

Geez, search people. Here's something helpful you would have found if you searched.

sidney_TheShining.jpg

There's some sort of polish, I think it's called Knock Out (or some catchy way to spell that) that gives it shine.

I believe Joshy207 had mentioned it in the past.

I was just about to post something about that and i read your post .. thanks. Lol!

I use plexus on my bike, helmet and visor (clear, tint and iridium). The hockey helmet gets a go over with whatever is left on the rag. It ends up nice and shiney.

Tip, dont get plexus on the shiney floor tiles, its super slippery (especially when your wearing socks), come to think of it, could be good for puck work :lol:

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html

There's some sort of polish, I think it's called Knock Out (or some catchy way to spell that) that gives it shine.

I believe Joshy207 had mentioned it in the past.

NOK-Out?

Huh... that's an enzymatic pet deoderizer by design (and rather a good thing to use on whiffy hockey gear).

I'll have to try shining my 4500 with it.

I was thinking of trying Brasso at one point, after it did such a good job shining up my old iBook, but then I realised that it probably wasn't a good idea on protective equipment.

I have seen some shops use Stainless Steel Cleaner spray to clean up helmets that have been knocked around and scuffed in transit and bouncing around pro shops.....but your not supposed to be pretty on the ice.....

I have seen some shops use Stainless Steel Cleaner spray to clean up helmets that have been knocked around and scuffed in transit and bouncing around pro shops.....but your not supposed to be pretty on the ice.....

You are at the wrong site then my friend.

You are at the wrong site then my friend.

LOL...Oh believe me, I noticed that a looooooong time ago......

Lol...

kevin stevens sure did. :rolleyes: