Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

Kinda random and not 100% sure if its actually a gear sighting or not since its off the new nhl 11 screenshots, so just seeking some confirmation. But if you go to the nhl 11 screenshot page and look at the sedin twins helmet...is that a new reebok helmet? or just the ones now with 'Reebok' branded on them?

Kinda random and not 100% sure if its actually a gear sighting or not since its off the new nhl 11 screenshots, so just seeking some confirmation. But if you go to the nhl 11 screenshot page and look at the sedin twins helmet...is that a new reebok helmet? or just the ones now with 'Reebok' branded on them?

Wow, I think you're correct. The carbon fiber on the sides looks a lot different

The jersey used at the NHL Draft will not be the one the Kings use this season. See my previous post regarding the matter.

I misread it, I thought he meant just the Islanders.

Wow, I think you're correct. The carbon fiber on the sides looks a lot different

Interesting, it does look like a new helmet. This happened last year with the X60 stick too. Too bad you can't get those pics in high res off their site. Nice catch Kachun.

Anyone else catch the fact that the both the Sedin's are also using the Bauer TO stick/skates in the screens? Good to know those will be in the game...

The Oilers' site has pictures of its development camp: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=16160&navid=DL|EDM|home.

Looks like a few of the players were wearing Reebok helmets with the "Reebok" branding on the front of the helmet, just like the NHL 11 screens. Pictures 18, 23 and 30 show the helmet. Is this a new helmet, or is it a re-branded 8K?

Love when you guys speculate over a video game image.

It is the same 8k helmet, just with Reebok on it.

Look at the picture right before Taylor Hall closeup with S19 helmet. It's an 8k.

The pictures with Taylor Hall are also earlier screenshots. The Sedins are using One95 skates in the old ones, and TotalONEs in the newer shots. I hate to play conspiracy theorist, but blowing up the pictures and comparing them to shots of an 8K make it look like a different helmet to me. Look at the vents on the side and back. The one in the screenshots has a silver spot over the forehead, which the 8K doesn't. It looks different to me, but maybe I'm crazy....

NHL 11 helmet

helmet1.jpg

helmet3.jpg

8K helmet

helmet2.jpg

helmet4.jpg

I was talking about the live pictures that MattKing posted. That's what I was commenting on.

8k is an old helmet, and last year NHL 10 had yet-to-be-released Reebok stuff...

I was talking about the live pictures that MattKing posted. That's what I was commenting on.

8k is an old helmet, and last year NHL 10 had yet-to-be-released Reebok stuff...

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the NHL 11 shots.

The X60 stick was "leaked" through NHL 10 screenshots last year too. I'm interested in what the new Reebok helmet may/is going to be.

It seems strange that they have all this bauer gear on and then a reebok helmet.

they used to be reebok guys, but have switched to Bauer over the past few seasons, everything except the helmet. I can understand why, it's a great lid. I've gone thru 3.

CCM has painted all thier sticks. the new u+pro stick is red.

not really sure what you mean. The retail octolight graphics have the U logo on the stick and the stick in the photo is blue, so I thought it was most similar to the octolight graphics for "clear grip"