Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDougalfaschnitzer

2009-2010 Goalie Gear Sightings

Apart from a little less taper on the boot, I'm not seeing anything new: same pad construction, same old blocker. I thought they were supposed to be going bindingless at least on the gloves Maybe there's something interesting going on under the hood, or 'behind the scene' (in the leg channel), but it looks like the same stuff so far.

I know it's a bad idea to mess with success, but I have a feeling Vaughn is starting to slip. They haven't really changed the Velocity design since its inception; the few new things they tried to introduce on the Epic went nowhere good. Pete Smith has been able to evolve that basic design into something quite remarkable; hell, even Lefebvre, that bluff traditionalist, has done enough to make some pretty significant changes from the PS1 to the PS3. Combine that with Bauer starting to poach Vaughn's big NHL goalies - Kiprusoff, most notably - and it's starting to look less than rosy.

Have you seen him play hockey? haha I kid. I have mostly white pads and they show every single puck that has ever hit them. No idea how his are so white..

what i want to know is, how did leighton make it through warmups without getting any puck marks on the pads? those things are spotless

haha... you don't get puck marks if they score on every shot

what i want to know is, how did leighton make it through warmups without getting any puck marks on the pads? those things are spotless

haha... you don't get puck marks if they score on every shot

:P or the phillies just can't shoot for crap

Did anybody notice Legace changed pads between periods yesterday? He was wearing Brian pads with some red accents during the first when he replaced Ward and when he came out for the second they were all white.

1st

NCKD103122320_large.jpg

2nd and 3rd

NCKD109122322_large.jpg

Newer pair in Carolina colours; broken-in pair from his time in the minors at the start of the season. His pads are quite traditionally built, so they do need some time to get them the way he likes.

my new favourite gear set up Mike Brodeur/Ottawa Sens...

brodeur.jpg

that set just looks sinister... B)

Agreed, those are awesome. I'm surprised more goalies don't go with the all black pads like that.

The graphics package as a whole remind me too much of tribal tattoos and no good can come of that.

hahahaha! Word!

Agreed, those are awesome. I'm surprised more goalies don't go with the all black pads like that.

Everyone has been going to the white pads since the Fleury story.

Added a link to a story

Added a link to a story

it does make sence

Well Fleury has definitely played a lot better since switching to white. There must be some credence to it if the league floated the idea of banning white pads, which is mentioned in the article about the Bruins goaltenders that you can click to from the Fleury article.

Added a link to a story

it does make sence

It's nonsense. Goalies move around too much to camouflage into anything.

And why wasn't the white pad thing catching on when Tom Barrasso or Arturs Irbe were doing it? I guess MAF is just one of the cool kids.

55841fb1e8f0bd59a6df0d450d663e64-getty-90959637bb006_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

Marty is in new pads. They look like they're still based on the D&Rs with the wrap-around knee rolls, though they incorporated more features from the T100s, like the vertical rolls, flatter face with no shin rolls, and I assume some lighter materials elsewhere. Earlier in the year he ditched his Heaton Wave and switched to a real T100 blocker.

Winter Classic Goalies:

capt.d281b90ac0364e2a81b33b026d108e3a.aptopix_winter_classic_hockey_bxf136.jpg

Timmy is back in a gold-based blocker like he wore last year, still an X:60, not a ONE95. He must think it's lucky or something. He is also wearing a mask that's a tribute to the late great Fred Cusick. Rask's mask has a bear eating Fenway Park or something like that.

Mask Pics here: http://www.nesn.com/2009/12/tim-thomas-win...red-cusick.html

55841fb1e8f0bd59a6df0d450d663e64-getty-90959637bb006_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

Marty is in new pads. They look like they're still based on the D&Rs with the wrap-around knee rolls, though they incorporated more features from the T100s, like the vertical rolls, flatter face with no shin rolls, and I assume some lighter materials elsewhere. Earlier in the year he ditched his Heaton Wave and switched to a real T100 blocker.

Winter Classic Goalies:

capt.d281b90ac0364e2a81b33b026d108e3a.aptopix_winter_classic_hockey_bxf136.jpg

Timmy is back in a gold-based blocker like he wore last year, still an X:60, not a ONE95. He must think it's lucky or something. He is also wearing a mask that's a tribute to the late great Fred Cusick. Rask's mask has a bear eating Fenway Park or something like that.

Mask Pics here: http://www.nesn.com/2009/12/tim-thomas-win...red-cusick.html

Nice tribute to Cusick.

Screw Rasks' mask i'm glad he didnt get any play, haha. :angry:

Good to see my boy Leighton in goal, i'm a big fan! Lovin those pads!