Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDougalfaschnitzer

2009-2010 Goalie Gear Sightings

Yeah... Mike Vaughn has been one of the primary shareholders for quite some time. Fun article, but not brilliantly researched.

He founded both companies, but Brian's was sold years ago to a group of investors headed by Mike Vaughn (yes, that Vaughn) and Don Wickens, who owns a foam company; Heaton was sold to Koho, though Brian did continue to design and build for them after the sale. My timeline on this stuff is somewhat hazy, but it wouldn't take long to get a decent chronology. Marcelo would know.

edit:

They have never been the same company. Brian's was established 20 years ago: after leaving the company, Brian Heaton began producing the Heaton line (rumor is that the first Heaton products were supposed to be the next generation Brian's).

After selling the Heaton brand to Karhu (the holding company for Koho, Jofa, etc.) he managed the operation for them until he went to work for Louisville, creating the X-Hale line. I don't know if he was still there for the launch of the Contour line. He then went to CCM (can't remember if it was before or after they bought out Karhu to become "The Hockey Company"), only leaving when Reebok closed the Harrow plant. Only then did he advertise the Brian Heaton Goalie line.

A great man in the industry; RIP.

teebz from hockey blog in canada is paul's go-to-guy when it comes to pretty much anything hockey-related. equipment isn't really either one of their fortes. paul pretty much sticks to uniforms, and isn't that into equipment. unfortunately for someone writing a column like this, equipment is a huge part of a hockey player's uniform. it definitely would have been beneficial for them to have talked to an equipment guy, or to have just left it at jerseys.

that doesn't surprise me. he generally seems to be pretty good about seeking out resources when it comes to uni-related issues. the uniwatch season preview thing is usually just about jerseys and socks, which he generally covers pretty comprehensively. i think that he went out of his specialty areas a bit when getting into goalie masks/etc. you'd think that him having a prior relationship with someone with your expertise (as a resource,) he'd go out of his way a bit to garner some information. maybe about the nike/bauer/itech/mission shakeups... new helmets (which he is all over in the NFL,) etc...

i do enjoy his site quite a bit. it's pretty fun, generally, but i don't look to it too much when equipment is concerned.

brooklynite's a up and coming hockey co. not as popular as rebellion or some others smaller companies, i believe they had a couple of sticks in the nhl last year too

And to get back on track....

not a big fan of RBK, but I'm liking the graphic on these...

(Pic of ryan miller)

Ryan Miller

So glad hes not wearing that light blue helmet with all the dragons and chinese letters on it

brooklynite's a up and coming hockey co. not as popular as rebellion or some others smaller companies, i believe they had a couple of sticks in the nhl last year too

New? Yes. Up and coming? Only time will tell.

New? Yes. Up and coming? Only time will tell.

I think they made some good strides this year.

As for that new Reebok graphic. I didn't think it could get any worse than the Revokes, but they proved me wrong.

It's bizarre... after putting together two eternally iconic stock graphics - the 580 and 590 - Lefebvre has really struggled to find a good image. I liked the P2 just fine, but it wasn't gorgeous by any standard. I'd be interested to see a slightly revised 590, with some crisp lines and oblique angles.

roloson sporting some warrior pads

NYSC101100320_large.jpg

With his Edmonton blocker.

we've already established that lol. about 2 pages back

I was commenting on the recent picture not the previous.

lol - some people are just lazy

is anyone else as happy as me that hedberg finally got rid of the ratty old pads he wore all last year?

he was like the modern day arthurs irbe or at least close to it.

from this:

69_Hedberg.jpg

to this:

5334cd01bda48244cffe0a80682b4562-ge.jpg

He used ProMask pads last season and, considering his relationship with them, it's strange to see him in something else this season. As far as being ratty, they were new at the beginning of the season so perhaps he eschews the standard practice of using multiple pairs of pads during a season.

::m