Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDougalfaschnitzer

2009-2010 Goalie Gear Sightings

Those RBK new graphics are really bad...What the heck where they thinking...Also, what is with all the lame tribal graphics...The boys in Montreal need to wake up....

I've said it before... but DAMN those JRZ pads are beautifully made. If they could figure out a way to keep the stays off the face of the pad and prevent the Jenpro from puckering, I'd be in heaven...

I believe they are the new XR-line (or whatever Bauer decides to call it) - the shape of the toe and the bindingless construction are pretty distinctive.

they do look like they fall in with the XR line, but i'm thinking that as part of the bauer rebranding, that they might be called supreme ????.

like in the lundqvist pictures posted before, it says supreme on the toe, where there were no wordmarks on any of the previous itech or rebranded bauer XR pads.

itech xr10

bauer xr10

just speculation, though.

seriously other than the graphics rbk must have done something right, coz deslariers (?) was in it too, i've seen more of those than premier IIIs

They're quite bad,

9917_541194752268_304702451_2410723_5911967_n.jpg

Good thing Ottawa isn't going to the winter classic this year. Imagine those pads with a throwback like this:

51-86851-P.jpg

huet

ZUR101092613_large.jpg

Osgood (X:60 pads w/ Reflex Gloves)

MIDTN109092523_large.jpg

those warriors look better than emerys for sure. but why has he still not changed his blocker? he had 2 other sets of gear before these and hasnt changed yet

%7Boption%7D

either i'm blind or going nuts, but how can he forget the Rocket's number on there?! :huh:

The numbers are for the defensemen that played in front of ken dryden and gump worsley

Roli's rather an interesting case for a first professional trial of a new pad. He likes everything stripped to an absolutel minimum - no lateral protection, thinnest possible pad, fairly minimal strapping, etc. - so you have a pretty good idea of how the pad works at is most basic level.

He's also incredibly picky about his gloves, so it's no surprise to see him in his old set. It took Vaughn a very long time to clone a Summit blocker and a Bionic glove for him; Warrior, despite having some very good people, will probably take even longer.

One of the things that still drives me nuts about my old Phoenix-made Aubin Bauers is how overbuilt they are: partly because they won't die, thus making a new set unjustifiable, and partly because it's very hard to tell how changing or removing one thing will effect the balance of the pad. I was always interested in installing an RBK 3-D calf-wedge; as I played around with it, I realised that it would completely screw up the balance-point in the butterfly. That's part of the reason why Lefebvre takes ages to make even the smallest changes in the RBK design, and won't do anything custom even for pros: the pad is so overbuilt that changing one thing can be disastrous. It took him, what - six years to come out with the Revoke "Pro Zone" option sheet, and it's still extremely limited.

Then you've got a Roloson pad: all square, all thin, skinned plank foam with medial sliding surfaces and nothing else - except the knee-rolls, which only partially correspond to internal breaks.

"• Jaroslav Halak (last year, this year): "Changed from Vaughn Velocity 3 pads and Brian's Zero G blocker and glove to a custom-designed Brian's Zero G complete set-up. Brian's is a good small operation that does more custom graphics then any other company. Company founder Brian Heaton died last year, but thankfully his family decided to keep the firm going, which I was glad to see.""

Wow...this is their "expert". ^ :rolleyes: I can't recall the last year that Brian Heaton had any contact with the old Brian's company (never mind his family)... I think someone was embelishing... :)

Good find dsjunior... interesting article anyways.