Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDougalfaschnitzer

2009-2010 Goalie Gear Sightings

id imagine it is probably a warrior stick since that is what he previously used - but he just got it painted with the same tribal pattern that is on all his brians equipment

Couple of things likely going on there...

Thing #1, Bauer made a really strong play to scoop Vaughn's NHL goalies this year, with their big trophy being Kiprusoff. Problem is, while Bauer pads may look and feel (at first) quite like Velocities, they aren't built the same and don't really play the same, so it's not surprising to see some guys going back. It's also possible that Kipper really does have 100% Bauer-branded Velocity-clones, and few others (if any) had or used that option.

Thing #2, Bauer's gloves are now being made by the team that used to build for Itech, and Itech catchers (in particular) had a well-earned reputation for being not only super-comfortable but extremely protective; a lot of guys rehabbed hand and wrist injuries in Itech gloves and stayed with them.

I think Elliott started camp in Bauer pads and gloves, then switched back to Velocity pads but kept the Bauer/Itech gloves; my guess is that Dipietro fits with #2.

A few interesting ones in there: R8's dressed as R10s, some X-Wings dressed as ONE95's, and a Fred Brathwaite sighting.

http://web10.twitpic.com/img/61983843-5d92...36c8-scaled.jpg

Giggy with his ANH Pads/Helmet. What happens to the old gear once the new gear the team orders arrives? Does the team get to keep it, or Giggy? Or do they ship them back to ANH? If it were Me, I'd surely have a set of All White gear (helmet included) made up and broken in stored at home for times like this, getting traded, or in such rare tragedies as what happened to Minnesota.

Pretty sure the sets will be sold during the team sales for the Ducks and Leafs. This is based on the Kings who still have some sets left from too many goalies that didn't work out.

Right, But Who gets to sell them? ANH or TOR? Wouldn't seem fair for Toronto to get to sell them when they didn't buy them.

What ever Giggy brought to Toronto will prolly be sold there and what he left behind will be sold by the ducks. During the King sales you always see more new traded player sticks than anything else.