Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

The slow drains in my house. Tub takes FOREVER to drain. I'm dumping Drano down it like crazy...hopeing I can lossen whatever is in there...because cutting/removing/replacing old plumbing is not my idea of a fun time.

The slow drains in my house. Tub takes FOREVER to drain. I'm dumping Drano down it like crazy...hopeing I can lossen whatever is in there...because cutting/removing/replacing old plumbing is not my idea of a fun time.

Try a snake. We ended up getting a stronger solvent that wasn't commercially available for our shower, but from what I gather that has potential to kill some pipes.

Try a snake. We ended up getting a stronger solvent that wasn't commercially available for our shower, but from what I gather that has potential to kill some pipes.

Yeah...I've snaked the damn thing too. It's old plumbing so my fear is that they've rusted inside and even when it's clear the pipe is just very narrow. My GF's family has a deli...so I'm waiting for a hookup on the real indusrltrial stuff they use on clogged snow at the store. If that doesn't work...it's hacksaw time!

Idiots on Craigslist... I've listed my RBK 8k helmet on there the same way I have on here and IW Boards. Clearly stating in the ad that the visor on the helmet in the pictures is not for sale. I've gotten about 40-50 emails asking me to sell the visor... The majority of them I respond to politely that the ad states the visor is not for sale, and that's firm. But, people keep emailing me back offering me $4 or $5 more. Honestly, unless they're going to pay $70 for a used visor so I can get a new one shipped then don't even bother. Learn to read, or take a hint.

Idiots on Craigslist... I've listed my RBK 8k helmet on there the same way I have on here and IW Boards. Clearly stating in the ad that the visor on the helmet in the pictures is not for sale. I've gotten about 40-50 emails asking me to sell the visor... The majority of them I respond to politely that the ad states the visor is not for sale, and that's firm. But, people keep emailing me back offering me $4 or $5 more. Honestly, unless they're going to pay $70 for a used visor so I can get a new one shipped then don't even bother. Learn to read, or take a hint.

I'd like to gripe about people who have ads with pictures that have things not for sale in them. If you have real pictures you obviously can take new ones and if it's being sold you should stop using it and the pictures should reflect the condition to be sold in.

Not to bash on you, but in the future save yourself the headaches and just take fresh pictures that only show the item being sold.

I get annoyed with craigslist too. I had a pair of 9K gloves up for sale. It clearly said "PRICE IS FIRM" in bold print, in a larger sized text and capitalized. I got 3 emails from the same guy practically begging me to lower the price, I said no each time. Two weeks later, I relisted the item. The guy emails me again asking me to lower the price, I said no. He bought them from me for the original price a few days later. :rolleyes: I should have charged him extra.

I'd like to gripe about people who have ads with pictures that have things not for sale in them. If you have real pictures you obviously can take new ones and if it's being sold you should stop using it and the pictures should reflect the condition to be sold in.

Not to bash on you, but in the future save yourself the headaches and just take fresh pictures that only show the item being sold.

I've definitely learned my lesson as far as this goes, and agree 100% with what you're saying. Problem being I listed on here and IW on October 18th. (If no one was buying I had every intention of using the helmet from there on out, "why take off the visor?" I think) I had offers to buy within 2 hours of posting the listing. So, I detached the visor and boxed the thing up. Buyer backed out later that night so the helmet is just sitting in the box, wrapped in packing material, taped and sealed waiting for another one of my potential buyers to send me the payment. Next time I will make sure the item is in the state the people are going to get it... But reading down the page a little bit isn't too much to ask I believe. If my computer was visible in the background of the picture would people be asking to buy that?

I'll give you $40 for that dell.

HAHA Dell made Alienware laptop... you don't want the headache that goes along with it... I'm not sure it's worth $40. I'll more than likely put that rant up before too long.

Well I had my back operated on in September, have been out of hockey forever and have worked my ass off in physical therapy just to go into the docs office today and be told I'm done. This is the 3rd doctor now. Its unbelivable, Ive made amazing progress and Im playing pick up hockey now, what the fuck is the point of working so hard to get my back in shape to play agian just to have some veteranarian tell me Im done??

Either way I won't give up. The part will be trying to convince my parents to let me play again

Police drive me crazy. I've literally got pulled over 4-5 times now, 3 of them were 'noise checks' which is nothing more then them trying to give me a ticket for unnecessary noise by pulling out a decibel measure and trying to say my car is above 98, only to find out its not (although it is quite close). Another time they thought i had tint on my front window and once was a routine check but seriously, this is getting old. I drive the speed limit, my car is 100% legal, im a licensed driver whos responsible and does nothing wrong yet i am continuity subjected to this nonsense of police looking to give teenagers a hard time. Isn't there more important things to do then to haul every young guy with a car to bug him? The other night the police pulled my friend and I (he was driving), over in a 50 zone when he was going 52 saying 'your going awfully fast arn't you?'. My friend stayed cool, casually explained he wasnt and the cop let us go, but it seems as if there just trying to give young guys a hard time. My dad used to have a real nice chev half ton with a 350 engine in it with dual flowmaster exhaust and it was quite a bit louder then my car, he drove fast and still never ever got pulled over. Adults seem to get away with so much more, i get pulled over almost every night im out. My car doesnt even look out of the normal and its not like i drive crazy.

Well I had my back operated on in September, have been out of hockey forever and have worked my ass off in physical therapy just to go into the docs office today and be told I'm done. This is the 3rd doctor now. Its unbelivable, Ive made amazing progress and Im playing pick up hockey now, what the fuck is the point of working so hard to get my back in shape to play agian just to have some veteranarian tell me Im done??

Either way I won't give up. The part will be trying to convince my parents to let me play again

I don't know. If 3 different doctors think you're done then perhaps you should heed their advice.

Alright I will play this game

My ex after our breakup many moons ago got a dog Poncho upon moving to upstate New York. I got to meet Poncho ak MR P on several occasions on my sojourns up there very cool dog. Poncho was the coolest dog really agreeable and came to life when you hit the trail or any outdoor time. About a year ago Poncho was diagnosed with cancer of the Thyroid. Excisions of the troubled spot was recommended by the vet. My ex who grows crazier by the year decided that traditional veterinary care was not good for Poncho. Instead she hires at $150 per call a dog talker who calls on the phone and talks positive thoughts to the god as a form of cure. I begged over several months for this girl to take Poncho to a proper vet for allopathic treatment. Mr P died cachexic and unable to ambulate for the last months of his life.

My fiancee gets a call about a month ago(its a Euro girl thing that the current girl has to be decent to the ex), besides she was friends with this girl before I came along, explaining that her current beau and she were going to adopt a rescue dog. (Cause you know guys like me who only get bred dogs are dastardly and evil when there are so many needing dogs in the world and breeders are evil people who are only out to make money blah, blah, blah...) and that this was the perfect dog to replace Poncho. "He has the spirit of Poncho in his eyes!" Phone rings a few nights ago, I am always meant to be in earshot of these proceedings, so I take a break lean in from the office and was like "KHA(her nickname) how is the new dog?" Stella-Jane(my full bred Aussie btw) is looking forward to coming to the Placid this Spring for some riding and doggie debauchery" Her response was Tony(the new guy) just did not gel with the rescue dog so we took him back.....

Stella-Jane and I our passports and currency for the five years+we are going to be living in Tunisia to avoid extradition back to the US. I kid of course but it was hard enough watching this person who used to be in my life basically allow her pet to die, but to hear that she is trespassing on decency is getting a bit too much to take

BTW to the poster a whose dog is also names Stells

1. Awesome name

2. Hope your pup is able to overcome the cancer

3. I think you mean Squamous Cell CA

I can ramble with the best of them. The point of my rant is this girl did nothing to help her ailing dog/companion and her inaction made a bad problem worse. She is now to fickle to rescue a dog correctly

Edited by saba

i found that post slightly hard to follow. i wish i didnt though because it sounds like a decent story.

i've only ever adopted rescue dogs. my mom was a huge breeder believer and i've seen what messes those purebreds become. even with proper training et al.

BTW to the poster a whose dog is also names Stells

1. Awesome name

2. Hope your pup is able to overcome the cancer

3. I think you mean Squamous Cell CA

The surgery is scheduled for next thursday.

Please send positive thoughts her way.

This is Stella

CIMG4814.jpg

Edited by eric42434224