Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Three chances to end the game in overtime tonight, and three posts were the result. Set up two more opportunities to no avail. Not to mention the post I hit during the game as well. Haven't been held pointless in a LONG time. Ugh

EDIT - to add to this vent, I had lost an edge earlier in the game, fell, slid into the boards full speed, with my knee hitting first. It stung, like any body part flying into the boards would, but this morning the pain is excruciating. Not again...not again.

Edited by EBondo

The source also pointed out that 35% of the top scorers on the test in question are minority-group members.

When stuff like this happens I'm always curious to see how the test can be discriminitive. It would be interesting to see examples from the test.

When stuff like this happens I'm always curious to see how the test can be discriminitive. It would be interesting to see examples from the test.

One of the questions was "which of the following is a screwdriver?" and then it gave you 4 different pictures to chose from.

So yesterday, this guy on Craigslist agreed to sell me his black X60s for $270 because he got hurt at work and they'd only been used like 7 times. Then he calls me up today and says "Ive thought about it long and hard, and I just cant let these go for $270." So I agreed to go back to his original price, $300. Then he decides that he's going to keep them, just in case he can ever play hockey again." During this I was offered brand new S17s for $225 but I passed them up because I was getting these.

Then I go to hockey tonight with a bubble just for fun, it didnt have a chin strap but its just shooting so no one hits or anything. So on a 1-on-1 drill, I shoot, the goalie saves it, then Im skating behind him, and he turns and punches me in the face like a douchebag, cuts my chin open. FUN DAY BRAHH

The worst is when you do puff up like a chipmunk, then your tryin to sleep and the weight of your face hurts like a mother. You can't even lay down right. By far the worst experience of my life.

Travel team folded today, and I was shooting soccer balls with some friends I caught one weird and now my leg has been dead for 4 hours. I had to get my friend to drive me home, and the journey was 45 minutes :/

Monitor died tonight, had to dig out an old one out of the closet. Sometimes being a pack rat pays off.

Fwiw, if you feel like doing a bit of soldering, you can probably fix it. It's usually bad capacitors that kills them and I've fixed a couple just by replacing a few caps.

Fwiw, if you feel like doing a bit of soldering, you can probably fix it. It's usually bad capacitors that kills them and I've fixed a couple just by replacing a few caps.

I'll replace it and then break out the multi-meter. If I can fix it, it will get used for my home recording setup.

Tests like those done by ETS (SAT, GRE, etc) were taken to court for being discriminatory based on how the were researched and what they predict. For example, the SAT has been sued for discrimination because when it was first tested it was researched on well-off white males only and is only a good predictor for white males first semester in college.

Went camping yesterday and on the drive there my rear diff exploded on me, so i got my step dad to come tow it and then continued on with a few friends to the camping spot, wake up in the morning to a tent full of water, wind and raining like crazy, looks like the rear diff if i took it to toyota (which I wouldnt do anyways) would cost me abou 3 grand, should be interesting to see how much this problem is gonna cost me

Some idiot at VERY relaxed "family" drop in decided it would be a good idea to tomahawk my stick after I was stickhandling in traffic. Destroyed my new Dolomite shaft in its 2nd use. I wouldn't be that upset if the guy apologized to me after it happened or something he just kept on going doing the same thing to people the rest of the session.

Some idiot at VERY relaxed "family" drop in decided it would be a good idea to tomahawk my stick after I was stickhandling in traffic. Destroyed my new Dolomite shaft in its 2nd use. I wouldn't be that upset if the guy apologized to me after it happened or something he just kept on going doing the same thing to people the rest of the session.

Ouch..I hope you didn`t retaliate. I would`ve gone berserk if some guy did that to my sticks...then again, some guy did. 2 hand slash at a evaluation. He`s lucky he`s 6`1 and I`m only 5`8

Ouch..I hope you didn`t retaliate. I would`ve gone berserk if some guy did that to my sticks...then again, some guy did. 2 hand slash at a evaluation. He`s lucky he`s 6`1 and I`m only 5`8

I didn't, for drop in I am usually a very relaxed player just out there to get some ice time. A lot of people asked me why I didn't, it's just not really worth it to me. No reason to go out there and get in some guys face for doing that when I have my season starting up in 2 weeks. The guy was around 25 and I am 18. Especially with the "family" drop in setting there was some youth players there and I do not want to set that example.

Broke my favorite stick in half during the warm up for playoffs. :(

During the game, my Brother in law gets cross checked and slashed all game long with no calls. It was so bad, a player threw his stick at him then tried to body slam him into the ice, superfly style - no call against the player, just a stern talking to by the ref. All I wanted to do was "teach him some respect for the game and fellow man", luckily I kept the red mists at bay.

We lost too...7-5

Edited by fcb51

I didn't, for drop in I am usually a very relaxed player just out there to get some ice time. A lot of people asked me why I didn't, it's just not really worth it to me. No reason to go out there and get in some guys face for doing that when I have my season starting up in 2 weeks. The guy was around 25 and I am 18. Especially with the "family" drop in setting there was some youth players there and I do not want to set that example.

Well good on you. Maybe you have warranty..or something good will come out of it.

Tests like those done by ETS (SAT, GRE, etc) were taken to court for being discriminatory based on how the were researched and what they predict. For example, the SAT has been sued for discrimination because when it was first tested it was researched on well-off white males only and is only a good predictor for white males first semester in college.

The GRE is a joke, and the only company with more questionable testing methods than ETS is the CSA.