Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all-star

Synergy Skate

I was at my lhs today and i was checking out the new stealth.(so nice) and they had the synergy skate up too. so i asked the owner and he said they would be around 800 canadian. for some of you wondering about the price. so it'll proboaly be around 4something. cause easton likes to screw us canadians.

you had to pay 800 CDN for s500s? if so you have been thoroughly ripped off because they hav s500s for around $600 at some sport cheks

you had to pay 800 CDN for s500s? if so you have been thoroughly ripped off because they hav s500s for around $600 at some sport cheks

Notice my reply was to ygold.

$800 for skates is ridiculous. and they'll probly only last a year just like vapor xx's do. i got graf 703's and paid $380cdn with taxes included, and they'll probly last me just as long as a pair of synergy skates. i know i haven't tried them out, and ppl don't know about their longevity and durability, but i can't see them being able to withstand multiple years of use

I don't know.. if they don't crack under impacts, they will probably be hard skates to break down.

Or break in

Yeah, I was going to say that. As stiff as those skates are, they can't be good for your knees. My knee was rife with tendonitis after skating bauer 7000s for a few months...

I don't know.. if they don't crack under impacts, they will probably be hard skates to break down.

Or break in

actually, when i used them for the first time, I felt no pain(break in pain that is)..so i dont know.

Or break in

actually, when i used them for the first time, I felt no pain(break in pain that is)..so i dont know.

My point was that you better like them the way they come as they shouldn't change.

IMO, to use the Synergy skate... and be able to take advantage of the performance... you should be a pretty big guy, feet done growing, a strong skater, and you should probably have problems with getting other skates to last more than a few months. For instance, if you can get, let's say, Vapor XXs to hold up for a full year or more, the Synergys aren't for you.

The stiffness of the skate is a selling point to me, but I'm not sold on the stuff that'll just peel off. Plus I don't want to be "that guy" who spends that much $$$ on an unproven skate.

When are these things going to be in the stores

Within the next 30 days or so they should be in all of the shops who ordered them

A buddy of mine who's opinion I trust very much told me they were literally the best skate he's skated on.

Now, this isn't some geeked out 13 year old that's gotta have the "hottest" of anything. This is an adult who's skated for years, works in a shop, has tons of knowledge on product and isn't a bandwagon jumper. I was really stunned to hear his impression of them. If it had come from anyone else I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but coming from him is really impressive.