Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Man

Easton S19 helmet

Haven't updated as I was gone for a week, but I wore the M and it felt pretty good (although in the morning I can't squeeze a M on my head.)

Easton was gracious enough to send me a prostock L (difference is, no logos other than the front E) and I'm debating whether or not the M or the L is the better fit. The L seems to be deeper and if not in the right position/adjustment, falls over my eyebrows.

As far as the helmet is concerned, skating in it, it isn't noticeable. The M did not seem to shift much, however, I did have to wipe my shield quite a bit because of sweat dripping down from the helmet.

Haven't updated as I was gone for a week, but I wore the M and it felt pretty good (although in the morning I can't squeeze a M on my head.)

Easton was gracious enough to send me a prostock L (difference is, no logos other than the front E) and I'm debating whether or not the M or the L is the better fit. The L seems to be deeper and if not in the right position/adjustment, falls over my eyebrows.

As far as the helmet is concerned, skating in it, it isn't noticeable. The M did not seem to shift much, however, I did have to wipe my shield quite a bit because of sweat dripping down from the helmet.

I am always somewhere between an M and and L. I measured my head and it's 58cm. The M is rated for 55-58cm. But when I tried the M on, I had pressure points, so I'm guessing your head has to be just the right shape if you are 58cm. I haven't had a chance to try the L on since they didn't have one in, but it is rated for 57-60cm. I have one on reserve for the next shipment (should be next week) and I really hope that the L can fit my head properly. By deeper, you are referring to front-to-back diameter, correct? I think I need that over the M.

Another question - How is the temperature of your head when playing in this helmet?

Anybody have an actual measured weight of the helmet?

In the hockeyus.com youtube review (google it!), they mention that they weighed the M and L sizes and say what they found. Both were close to the claimed 325grams.

In your opinion, will the comfort foams "break-in" to fit more comfortably if there are initial pressure points? It might be too early to tell.

Kind of weird that the large doesn't seem to fit you better. Maybe someone with roughly the same size head as you but with thick hair might like the large better. smiley20whistling.gif

You mention sweat issues, better or worse for you than the S9? *Nevermind, you already answered that above*

In your opinion, will the comfort foams "break-in" to fit more comfortably if there are initial pressure points? It might be too early to tell.

There isn't much there, but it does seem to compress.

We'll see how the L works. The difference is that the M, the occipital strap is right on the back of the helmet; the L there is space between the occipital strap and the helmet.

s19l.jpg

Ahh, one's a bit too tight and the other is a bit too long(front-to-back). That's the way the 8K and 9500 were for me. :(

Still looking for the helmet that perfectly matches the size of a large Carbster with the liner in... but doesn't come down as far in the back. :(

TBLfan Posted Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Ahh, one's a bit too tight and the other is a bit too long(front-to-back). That's the way the 8K and 9500 were for me.

Still looking for the helmet that perfectly matches the size of a large Carbster with the liner in... but doesn't come down as far in the back.

Try an M11. I came from a size Large Carbster (two actually) and am now in a large M11. It's bigger, but once I adjusted the size with the ratchet system in the back it fits very well. It doesn't come quite as far down, plus is it's also lighter than a Carbster and I find the ventilation better. I'm very happy with the M11 so far.

Having said that, I'm still curious to try on a large S19 when I get a chance. The stores near me have only had mediums and smalls. My head is 23.5 inches (or 59.7 cm) around so the large S19 should be the right size if it works for my fairly round head. Some in this thread have suggested it's a narrow fitting helmet which means it might not be the best fit for me anyway - the helmet I had before the Carbsters was a large Nike 0004 and the problem I had with that one was it was too narrow.

Ahh, one's a bit too tight and the other is a bit too long(front-to-back). That's the way the 8K and 9500 were for me. :(

Still looking for the helmet that perfectly matches the size of a large Carbster with the liner in... but doesn't come down as far in the back. :(

Have you checked out the V08?

JR - I'm looking forward to your review of the L. Everywhere I go, the two sample helmets are M and XL. No one has an L to try on. Easton missed the mark there. L is the most requested size (from what an LHS salesperson was telling me), so they should have sent an L out for people to try on at least.

i heard today that large helmet's won't be in until early june

Many, many shops have small supplies of them for sale now.

yeah i understand that the shipment their getting now is small..............just looking for someone that has a large, white, in stock

Have you checked out the V08?

Yeah, the foam seems kind of stiff though. I was hoping to pick up a pro stock one because the ones I've seen felt like they were a little softer comfort foam. The S9 helmet is like that too, the pro version is much more comfortable for me... not sure if the retail foam softens up enough to eliminate the random pressure points. :(

Yeah, the foam seems kind of stiff though. I was hoping to pick up a pro stock one because the ones I've seen felt like they were a little softer comfort foam. The S9 helmet is like that too, the pro version is much more comfortable for me... not sure if the retail foam softens up enough to eliminate the random pressure points. :(

The warmer it is, the more it softens up. Leave your bag in the car up here in the frozen semi-north and it's stiff when you put it on. By the end of the first it's noticeably softer. I would prefer it to be a little softer than it is, but it's still better than most for me.

The retail S9 definitely softens up after being worn. Heat will also help.

Yeah, out of the box my s9 was a little "pinchy" in spots but after a handful of games it became very comfortable. My v08 stayed about the same the whole time but, like Chadd said, it does seem to squish up a little over the course of games.

please pm me if anyone finds a large in white

Or you can google some of the shops mentioned in this thread that have stock and phone them and order a Large. Saves time for both you and everyone else.

i've called and googled every hockey shop in north america that has a website !!

Then looks like you're just going to have to wait like the majority of everyone else.

Back on topic of the helmet: I'm having trouble mounting my old Oakley visor onto my S19. What visors are you guys using, and what types of spacers (ring, block)? Thanks in advance for the help.

I finally managed to get my Oakley flush, or close to it, on my helmet. Using ring spacers, with 3 up top and 4 on the bottom per side.