Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

They are not set up for custom skates yet in St-Jerome.

These came with a tag saying that they were test pairs, but I am sure that it will probably end up being the finalized retail product. They would not allow me to do this review if it wasn't ready to go.

Only thing custom is a 3mm heel lift.

Any initial thoughts about them compared to last years NBH supreme line?

I want to get a non-game skate in first - on Monday.

is it true that the TotalOne is going to be a limited edition?from what I have heard, only a few thousand pairs will be sent out...

Yes

isnt totalone a cereal brand haha...bauer has always made a nice anatomically fitting skate. i just hope the price doesnt hurt them..ive heard a rbk rep say they could retail up to $700-$800. i mean he is a reebok rep so maybe hes just saying that to scare people out of buying bauers, but do you know if that is close to the retail?i havent heard too much about these skates but hopefully bauer doesnt make the mistake of making steel like the one90's :angry:

isnt totalone a cereal brand haha...bauer has always made a nice anatomically fitting skate. i just hope the price doesnt hurt them..ive heard a rbk rep say they could retail up to $700-$800. i mean he is a reebok rep so maybe hes just saying that to scare people out of buying bauers, but do you know if that is close to the retail?i havent heard too much about these skates but hopefully bauer doesnt make the mistake of making steel like the one90's :angry:

It is - and you do feel it. Just like the RocketRunner in that aspect, very light during your strides.

It sharpens well, as well.

The TOs will be up there in price, yes.

I have skated 5 times on the TotalONE test pair I have. Two games and three practice sessions. Fusion steel is excellent. The weight reduction when holding my ONE 95 vs the TO is significant. This has translated into more giddyup on ice, especially as you go deeper into your game. Bauer has made a fast skate faster.

does the "tongue technology" really work?

in your honest opinion One95 vs Totalone

worth the extra $4-500?

I need to skate on the other ones to feel the difference

I can't answer that after one skate, that's what a long-term review is for.

Bauer is making a push at retail for second set steel for travel players. There will be retail packs, separate tool kit, and a blade carry case available May 2010. Fusion steel will be the center piece of this effort.