Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

does the "tongue technology" really work?

in your honest opinion One95 vs Totalone

worth the extra $4-500?

I need to skate on the other ones to feel the difference

I can't answer that after one skate, that's what a long-term review is for.

What stiffness did you choose for the tongues? Was their a significant difference on those first three strides with a deep knee bend? Also was wondering does the TO's put you more on your toes or heels?

A good friend of mine works at my LHS...this place is a first line dealer. Apparently the retail is $800 "firm", as in they are not to sell $.01 below this or they risk having their account pulled. Evidently they are getting like 6 pairs in the spring and all are claimed already.

A good friend of mine works at my LHS...this place is a first line dealer. Apparently the retail is $800 "firm", as in they are not to sell $.01 below this or they risk having their account pulled. Evidently they are getting like 6 pairs in the spring and all are claimed already.

Minimum order is 18, so they're going to have more than 6 pairs in stores come spring.

My initial thoughts - holy shit X20. Wish he had my size to try on, but damn. What a skate. Lets say the One95/100 is like a Ferrari from the 70s, this skate is like the Ferrari Enzo. Needless to say though, i don't think it will be a great seller, just because of the price. Yes their is a pretty noticeable difference between TO and one100, i don't think we'll see too many people justify the cost. Although those who will justify it, will be in some f25%@$#5ing nice skates. So envious of you JR and DS50... Can you hook me up with an 11.5EE? :P

does the "tongue technology" really work?

in your honest opinion One95 vs Totalone

worth the extra $4-500?

I need to skate on the other ones to feel the difference

I can't answer that after one skate, that's what a long-term review is for.

What stiffness did you choose for the tongues? Was their a significant difference on those first three strides with a deep knee bend? Also was wondering does the TO's put you more on your toes or heels?

Please read the LTR, you will see that I only have Medium.

The pitch is the same. I always throw in 3 mm knowing what it is beforehand.

Minimum order is 18, so they're going to have more than 6 pairs in stores come spring.

My initial thoughts - holy shit X20. Wish he had my size to try on, but damn. What a skate. Lets say the One95/100 is like a Ferrari from the 70s, this skate is like the Ferrari Enzo. Needless to say though, i don't think it will be a great seller, just because of the price. Yes their is a pretty noticeable difference between TO and one100, i don't think we'll see too many people justify the cost. Although those who will justify it, will be in some f25%@$#5ing nice skates. So envious of you JR and DS50... Can you hook me up with an 11.5EE? :P

Not everyone can afford to drive a Ferrari. It sucks but I drive a truck so ........

Back to the TO, this skate has a fifth gear, it has overdrive. It has the ability to give you that extra drive, push, and stride when you need it early or late in your shift. Part of this is the Reflex tongue doing its job and part of this is the reduced weight from the Fusion steel giving you more energy when you need it. My TO only came with the Medium Reflex insert. However, when I tried on the skate in October in FLA, I tried on Medium first and then an X-Stiff insert. I skipped past the Stiff insert. There is a noticeable difference when I had the X-Stiff Reflex insert on the tongue.

so if there is going to be such a limited supply of these skates will the general public even have a chance to buy them? I would imagine alot of them would get sold to close friends of the shops and then who ever else gets them will turn around and put them up on ebay for $1000. i hope doesnt happen - but im just a pessimist :P

so if there is going to be such a limited supply of these skates will the general public even have a chance to buy them? I would imagine alot of them would get sold to close friends of the shops and then who ever else gets them will turn around and put them up on ebay for $1000. i hope doesnt happen - but im just a pessimist :P

Oh, there will absolutely be people trying to collect a premium on eBay, but how much can they raise the price? It's not a low cost item.

I didn't say they ordered less than 18, I said they were getting six pairs in the first shipment and they were already spoken for. Not sure how many they ordered but I know the owners have concerns about the price.

so for anyone on here that actually would be interested in getting these when they come out - what are their options?

do they need to start bugging shops now and get put on some kind of waiting list?

or is there no chance and they are going to have to fight over the ebay scraps and hope they don't overpay too much?

so for anyone on here that actually would be interested in getting these when they come out - what are their options?

do they need to start bugging shops now and get put on some kind of waiting list?

or is there no chance and they are going to have to fight over the ebay scraps and hope they don't overpay too much?

There are going to be a few thousand pair available, I find it hard to believe they won't have enough skates to sell.

i hope you are right- cause not everyone on here has a sales rep that is a close personal friend or is related to a shop owner..

im on the fence on if i would take a stab at these - but i wondered if there would even be a opportunity for me to

Nope. Same thickness as regular steel.

$100-$120 a set.

Thanks. A bit more than I thought they would be though.

A composite skate like this wouldn't be able to be stretched in length very much, if at all, right?

Just a thought, but if the rocket runner failed for ccm why would it work for bauer? On another note, not to sound uninformed but whats the difference between the to and the one100?

Just a thought, but if the rocket runner failed for ccm why would it work for bauer? On another note, not to sound uninformed but whats the difference between the to and the one100?

Because the Bauer is all steel and it is easier to sharpen.

There wasn't anything wrong with the RR concept, just that most sharpeners had trouble with it.

100 is a 95 with a felt tongue. The TO is a different skate altogether.

Nope. Same thickness as regular steel.

$100-$120 a set.

Thanks. A bit more than I thought they would be though.

A composite skate like this wouldn't be able to be stretched in length very much, if at all, right?

Just like any other skate. It is not a hard shell like Easton.

The exterior is a composite microfiber. In its regular state, you can fold it in your hand. Heat and pressure hardens it.

To add to the Fusion steel - it will also last alot longer in terms of sharpening, because with the RR the plastic parts were half way down the blade, but in the fusion, it is apart of the steel all together. I'm guessing you wont be able to get it as down as ls2 or 2.1, but, pretty damn close it? Just going off what i remember from it.

i dont think anyone should have problem getting these skates, i dont know about anyone else but the price of these things scare me. it went from $600 being the most expensive skate, to $800, and thats only in 2 years!!! imagine what the cost is going to be like in 5 years...soon thier going to put some sort of antigravity device on them and have negative weight haha...as for me i think im going to skip out on these skates, my 9k's are working and holding up just fine for me =)

Do you guys really think you are gonna get an honest and non-biased feedback from a guy that basically get all the stuff for free for ages... in order to come here to convince you that we should all start to masturbate on the new skate's specs ???

Obviously if he starts to say that the skate is just one more giant dildo that goes straight in your rectum when you pass to the cash desk...i dont think our dear hockey companies will continue to feed him...

First the price ... 800dollars apparently few seem to realize that's a full wage for a lot of people... and we have our guy who declares he needs more time to figure out if extra 400-300 dollars are worth compare to the one95 ... my days guys!!! get back to earth! quickly...

For 800dollars you can get almost 3 pairs of clearance high-end skates.

And second since when spending so much money in a skate, will make you go faster ?? :ph34r: instead of spending the extra money in a high-end money , subscribe to a gym. Pavel bure was a pure rocket and he didnt need a pair of TO.

No offense I love this board and it's a probably a privilege (or a bauer's marketing operation who knows :D ) that we have some members that can show us upcoming stuff before everyone else... but i have this feeling that lately we read more and more a lot of crap that nobody gives a fuck about.

It would be nice to see some "senior" members give a real review about skates regarding some more interesting aspects :

how come price is going up and up but the improvement on skates seems to be very minimal every generation as if manufacturers were stuck and can't innovate anymore?

did they use a new manufacturing process? cause i think if it's the same than the one90, bauer should have recouped the cost by now but prices still increase..

how much cost a pair when it got out of the factory? ...)

...instead of talking about the 4grammes won over the previous ones, the new "revolutionnary' plastic pieces that dont change anything but drag the price up, ... etc

Some people have a lot of knowledge about gears, it's just a bit of shame to see them stooping to those kind of speech. In the end it nearly like they are here to sell a product :huh:

Im exaggerating but you got the idea!

I don't get that impression at all. People come here to find out more about the skate, it's features, design and comparisons to is predecessors. At least, that's why I continuously check the board. I've found JR's (along with those of the other Mods and senior members) to be generally helpful and insightful, even though I don't necessarily agree with them. I don't feel like any 'Initial Thoughts' threads or LTR's are blindly biased.

There are people on this board who want to know what JR thinks about the TotalONE, myself included. Fact remains that he'll get a pair before the rest of us, and let us know how they are before we end up springing the cash on them. It doesn't make a difference if most people can't afford them. I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on a pair of skates, but I still want to know about how they perform or how they compare. How is reading a review of a skate any less "honest and non-biased" than talking to a keen employee at your LHS? At least JR and DS50 have given them a skate instead of simply chatting to the Bauer rep or giving the catalogue a browse.

As for the questions you'd prefer to be answered, interesting as they may be, they don't matter in the slightest to what the skates are meant to do in the first place - TO BE SKATED ON. I understand the frustration by seeing a skate being marked up $100-200 from its predecessor when the improvements seem minimal, but that's not the point of a review. I personally don't give a shit about how much the materials to make the skate cost, even though I'm sure there are people on this board who are. But on the other hand, I'm also sure that the reviews tell me way more about what I (and most others) want to know, and that's how it performs on the ice. Vicarious living through the MSH staff, though it may be, I still enjoy reading these reviews and threads.

Do you guys really think you are gonna get an honest and non-biased feedback from a guy that basically get all the stuff for free for ages... in order to come here to convince you that we should all start to masturbate on the new skate's specs ???

Obviously if he starts to say that the skate is just one more giant dildo that goes straight in your rectum when you pass to the cash desk...i dont think our dear hockey companies will continue to feed him...

First the price ... 800dollars apparently few seem to realize that's a full wage for a lot of people... and we have our guy who declares he needs more time to figure out if extra 400-300 dollars are worth compare to the one95 ... my days guys!!! get back to earth! quickly...

For 800dollars you can get almost 3 pairs of clearance high-end skates.

And second since when spending so much money in a skate, will make you go faster ?? :ph34r: instead of spending the extra money in a high-end money , subscribe to a gym. Pavel bure was a pure rocket and he didnt need a pair of TO.

No offense I love this board and it's a probably a privilege (or a bauer's marketing operation who knows :D ) that we have some members that can show us upcoming stuff before everyone else... but i have this feeling that lately we read more and more a lot of crap that nobody gives a fuck about.

It would be nice to see some "senior" members give a real review about skates regarding some more interesting aspects :

how come price is going up and up but the improvement on skates seems to be very minimal every generation as if manufacturers were stuck and can't innovate anymore?

did they use a new manufacturing process? cause i think if it's the same than the one90, bauer should have recouped the cost by now but prices still increase..

how much cost a pair when it got out of the factory? ...)

...instead of talking about the 4grammes won over the previous ones, the new "revolutionnary' plastic pieces that dont change anything but drag the price up, ... etc

Some people have a lot of knowledge about gears, it's just a bit of shame to see them stooping to those kind of speech. In the end it nearly like they are here to sell a product :huh:

Im exaggerating but you got the idea!

Are you exaggerating or is it penis envy? Hey, you brought up dildos.

First to clear up your small, minor errors which are your exaggerations. The difference at retail between TO and ONE100 will not be $300-$400. For $800, please go buy 3 pair clearance skates. You will be buying old technology but helping to clear out old inventory.

Bauer invests more in Research, Design, and Development than all the other vendors combined. Bauer has been doing more to get inside the physics and dynamics of skates and skate technology than the other vendors combined. Let's ooh and ahh about an 11K RBK Pump: 15 year old technology and now they move the bladder and pump back 1/2" on the boot. Wow, what took so long? Easton's new skate = reverse engineered ONE90 skate. That is 3 generations behind Bauer in current technology. CCM's U+ foam: they decided after 3 kicks at the can to try and make the boot somewhat comfortable out of the box, so you, the consumer, could decide before baking if this skate will really fit you. Thanks for that. So the other guys are bringing up their prices using old technology and piggybacking on Bauer moving the bar higher at retail.

There is so much going on behind the scenes in skate technology that Bauer is doing. You can choose to believe in it or not. No one is forcing anyone to buy these skates. If you cannot afford them, the choice has been made. Hey, there are lots of things in life we want but cannot afford to buy. You might want to get used to it. I know I did a long time ago.

For the record, Vath, what skates are you using now? Just curious.............

I don't get that impression at all, either. I know what you're saying, and it is human nature to see something in a more favorable light if the company is giving you gear versus buying it, but I think overall JR, and the others are pretty fair in their "reviewing". Take it for what it is, a preview of information that you would normally have to wait months for. The reality is each skate is only going to fit a a select group of foot sizes properly anyway, so alot of the people getting excited would probably benefit from a different skate for their own foot anyway. As for cost, if the market will bare the cost, and I am sure it will, then of course a manufacturer is going to try for it, thats just business. Whether or not anyone who buys them will actually use them to their potential, versus the one100, is doubtful. But a fool and his money....