Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Pro Flex?

But there is guys like hull who have a 70-75 flex...

That's true, apparently Hull loves the noodles b/c of the loading capability. Lindros used to have one of the stiffest sticks in the NHL, most guys couldn't even flex it. I'd think the average would be 90-110 as well...

they have chara's cyclones here in ottawa and there marked 140 but from wut i've seen with cyclones they are stiffer then wut it says (70=100) so i 'm thinking it's like 200.

Chara's sticks are stiff as hell, but remember how long they are. That'll make them play alot softer than the marked number.

Sorry for getting off topic, but where did you see Chara's Cyclones? Not that I'd be interested, but I'm curious if the same shop has other Sens pro stock stuff as well.

They're at the Play It Again Sports all over ottawa. They only have the cyclones and a couple Todd White,Hossa and some else's Vapor XX's hossa's curve is sweet btw.

Kovalchuk uses an 87. It feels a tad more stiif than that though, maybe a 90-93? To me, it's a perfect flex.

87 Bauer is a 85 Easton.

lol. I'm well aware. Kovalchuk is going to use the flex he prefers and when he uses a 90 or so Bauer isn't going to make a special sticker to slap on the XX, so they put the closest number to 90 on there.

flexier sticks are more durable in some cases because they can bend to accomodate extra load that you put on them. stiff sticks tend to just snap

Exactly right.

And the reason a lot of retail and e-tail outfits do not buy pro-stock to sell is because many, many pro-stock sticks do not have a consistent flex throughout the shaft. The manufacturers, as per many player requests, soften the very middle of the shaft. This obviously results in more bow on a shot, but detracts greatly from durability. Pro's and their teams huge stick budgets are looking for maximum performance; not durability, and can afford to replace stick after stick.

This is also why a composite stick often shoots better when broken in, because the shaft gets softer in the middle after a couple 100 of shots. And as long as the blade stays stiff, you're golden.

#94...first pitch is coming up. THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO WILL ONCE AGAIN COMMENCE!

I swear you have the typing equivalent of Tourette's syndrome.

Wow, the Yankees are off to a good start. I've never seen a pitcher tie his shoe so many times in one inning.

To respond to you Ljack, Tourettes is a disease of compulsivity, tics and jerkey reactions, whereas my my typing is fluid and smoooth. Don't hate the player, hate the game B)

Wow, the Yankees are off to a good start.  I've never seen a pitcher tie his shoe so many times in one inning.

To respond to you Ljack, Tourettes is a disease of compulsivity, tics and jerkey reactions, whereas my my typing is fluid and smoooth.  Don't hate the player, hate the game B)

...Turn off the computer, go to bed and try again tomorrow.

Does anyone know what flex Chara's stick is, or what stick it is at all? From the pictures I've seen it looked like a purplish/blue cyclone, but I doubt that is what it is..?

Does anyone know what flex Chara's stick is, or what stick it is at all? From the pictures I've seen it looked like a purplish/blue cyclone, but I doubt that is what it is..?

It is the 04 Cyclone, as for his flex there was some discussion of it being somewhere from 140-200 Easton terms of flex.