Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 Warrior Player Catalogue

We started the 75 offering as a "test". We also kept in mind that most users of a 75 need the added hand torsional strength that the grip finish allows for. That is why you see most sales for JR and INT in Grip, the grip finish keeps the handle from twisting in the hands of a weaker player that uses these lower flexes.

75 has been very popular in sales and we are expanding into clear for future intros.

What you might be feeling is the different taper and internal package of the DoloDD shaft. It is our Precision Taper, which flexes more towards the bottom quarter of the shaft.

75 flex would be awesome. I'm fine dealing with a 70 flex stick, but 75 would be great. Any plans to release the Dolo Spyne or AK in 75 flex???

i could've told you that, you should hire me :P

if I did that, what would I do!

what's the deal with this?

it's not in the 2010 catalog. looks (specs-wise) to be the same thing as the anthem. curious.

It is a Special Make product for Hockeymonkey. Very similar to the Anthem in performance and spec.

Sounds good, and thanks for the reply. I'm a huge fan of Dolo's in 75 flex. If I could get them in clear, I'd be even more psyched.

Last note...this is purely a vanity thing, but the color combo on the Dolo Spyne clear (Blue/Green) trumps that of the grip (Yellow/Red). :P The Dolo Spyne clear is a beautiful stick.

I think the DoloSpyne 2010 solves the issue of extreme color combos. The Chrome/Black/Blue or Gold combinations are less polarizing than the Orange/Yellow and Green/Blue in the past.

I'm reading the catalogue and the descriptions of Linear Taper and Precision Taper make sense, but they don't appear to apply to the correct sticks. For example, I expected the AK would be more of a mid kick point, but it's described as a precision taper (where the flex is concentrated towards the bottom of the shaft). This is contrast to the Dolos, which are marketed as Linear tapers (whereby the flex is spread out along the shaft) as opposed to low kick point. Am I missing something or is this backwards?

I picked up two of the 2010 Dolo Spynes about a week ago. I am VERY impressed. Hats off to you, Warrior.

I picked up two of the 2010 Dolo Spynes about a week ago. I am VERY impressed. Hats off to you, Warrior.

They finally shipped em to the right place, huh?

I'm reading the catalogue and the descriptions of Linear Taper and Precision Taper make sense, but they don't appear to apply to the correct sticks. For example, I expected the AK would be more of a mid kick point, but it's described as a precision taper (where the flex is concentrated towards the bottom of the shaft). This is contrast to the Dolos, which are marketed as Linear tapers (whereby the flex is spread out along the shaft) as opposed to low kick point. Am I missing something or is this backwards?

It was printed backwards in the catalog...good catch. It was too late to change it after the first print.

working on tagging each of our sticks at retail so it's easy to determine between the different flex profiles so consumers can pick the right flex for their abilities.

Keith

It was printed backwards in the catalog...good catch. It was too late to change it after the first print.

working on tagging each of our sticks at retail so it's easy to determine between the different flex profiles so consumers can pick the right flex for their abilities.

Keith

That's what I figured. I was going to be pretty pissed if you messed with the dolo shaft's KP since I just ordered a '10 :)

That's what I figured. I was going to be pretty pissed if you messed with the dolo shaft's KP since I just ordered a '10 :)

KP?

Do I know you?

Note - Grip coating on the AK one piece peels off very fast.

I am not sure if I just have like a defective coated stick but I bought a AK one piece and the velvet grip stuff just peels right off very fast. All over the shaft I have spots where it is just peeling off. Other than that, shoots awesome and may just be my new favorite stick.

Its not too big a deal for me. I prefer clear sticks personally, but the velvet stuff was awesome because it was not too grippy and tacky, yet did not feel slippery. Its hard to describe, but it was like a clear, but not slippery clear.

The stick is in one piece structurally so I would rather not send it through warranty unless it snapped or something. Just doesn't feel right claiming it for warranty because of peeling grip haha. The stick is pretty awesome though.

The Holiday catalog shows the new Dolomite being available in Savard, Lidstrom, Toews, Vanek, Kovalev, Kovalchuk, and Gionta.

I can only find the Vanek in 100 flex, and I can't seem to find any with the Lidstrom pattern anywhere.

Are retailers just choosing not to carry these patterns?

I'd really like to get a new Dolo in the Lidstrom pattern.

Are they available anywhere, or did Warrior just decide not to produce these sticks for market?

Edited by lukejameslarson

Sign in to follow this