Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 Warrior Player Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=72

Sticks - Quite a few changes in the stick department; the Kronik and Dolomite Spyne get the DD blade (dual-density foam blade, but with a twist - mid-heel is high-density, mid-toe is low density). Dolomite Spyne also gets a new paintjob (which looks really cool in person.) Dolo DD, Swizzle and Anthem were 2009 Q4 releases, however the AK (no 27 on it) is a new release for 2010. Specs-wise, very similar to the original Dolomite. Bentley also gets a new paint job for 2010. Shafts and blades are unchanged from Q4 - note the Spyne DD and AK27 DD are standard, the Dolo DD is tapered.

Gloves - Stock Franchise glove comes with the Trilam protection package and is a hybrid Tufftek/PU combination and available in wide and narrow fits. Bonafide and Bully now have anti-microbial liners. AK27 Pro is unchanged, AK27 gets the anti-microbial liner. Eraser Pro was a Q4 release.

Protective - new line in the Projekt (which really looks interesting, however, cannot comment until I see in person in Vegas.) There will be a Projekt girdle as well.

i am happy they have gotten rid of the HD blade. broke a lot of those this past year. I also really like the new graphics on the dolomite spyne. Cannot wait to see all of this new gear in stores.

ok the dolo spyne does look good, not flashy or anything too

does the standard bully have mesh gussets now JR? can't see properly

Edited by K9 Unit

ye that was pretty good too, maybe they should stick the new spyne graphics on the dolo instead so we can have the best of both :P

Seen projekts... sick. They're the best shouldies this year imo. Tried all the other ones on and i loved this one the most.

Props to warrior for fixing the protective gear from the previous season. There seemed to be a bit of problems with them in terms of durability, seems that is going to be fixed. Also liking the new color schemes on them.

What they need to stop doing though is redesigning almost everything year after year. Every other company has their shit go for two seasons, warrior needs to do the same. As a retailer it is quite annoying when we'll order the new kronik, to have this years and a couple of the previous year's still in stock. If they come out with a new kronik next season and new dolomite, that'll probably be the point they really start to piss retailers off.... we're almost there now with their sticks.

HUGE props for them kind of customizing and making the franchises look cooler than the bully/bonafide. Navy/red/white is ridiculous. Anyways, should be a great year again for warrior.

In the pattern chart each curve is followed by a three digit number(i.e. Savard lie 4 is 124), does the last number indicate the lie number, and if so does this mean that both the Vanek and Kovalchuk will be available in lies 4 or 5? Also has the Kovalchuk now become a toe rather then a mid, and have they made the Vanek a deeper curve?

The Projekt shoulders look nice. Ragan, if you've seen them in person, are they as low profile as they look in the catalog? Are there plastic inserts on the chest or just the sternum piece? And is it just me or does it look like the cuff lettering on the black/white Franchises alternates between white and silver? Maybe it's just the image playing tricks on my eyes.

"Eraser douche shower bag"......? Seriously....? :facepalm:

Edited by HattrickSwayze

Some times I think their stick graphics get a bit too overdone for the consumer. Also, white as a dominant color in protective equipment is a risk as it tends to wear sweat stains and grime a bit too quickly.

Some times I think their stick graphics get a bit too overdone for the consumer. Also, white as a dominant color in protective equipment is a risk as it tends to wear sweat stains and grime a bit too quickly.

Never seemed to hurt Jofa sales.

haha the evolution of the warrior "w" was just wow. they sure changed the look of the catalogues from barbie dolls to doodle drawings now lol

Also, white as a dominant color in protective equipment is a risk as it tends to wear sweat stains and grime a bit too quickly.

You can't be f**king serious! JOFA RULED protective for how many years with primarily white protective?!?! I'm shocked DS!

Alas, The Chad and I agree on something...LOL

Yea, Jofa rules in the NHL locker rooms. Do they rule at retail? No. Does white still wear sweat stains and grime making your $125 shoulder pad look like crap? Yes. Jofa long ago established their equipment on protection values. They could cover their protective in pink and NHLers would still wear it. This is Year 2 for Warrior hockey protective. White is a risk when you still trying to establish your brand in protective. My thinking is different. I am looking at the gear from the position of a LHS equipment buyer. Do I want to hear from parents in a few months how that Warrior gear they have in all white now looks like crap due to the white showing all the sweat and grime? No.

In the pattern chart each curve is followed by a three digit number(i.e. Savard lie 4 is 124), does the last number indicate the lie number, and if so does this mean that both the Vanek and Kovalchuk will be available in lies 4 or 5? Also has the Kovalchuk now become a toe rather then a mid, and have they made the Vanek a deeper curve?

It looks like the Kovalchuk is more like the Smyth this year. Any seen it yet?

Do I want to hear from parents in a few months how that Warrior gear they have in all white now looks like crap due to the white showing all the sweat and grime?

That's a trick question, you wouldn't sell them anything that wasn't from Bauer.

Do I want to hear from parents in a few months how that Warrior gear they have in all white now looks like crap due to the white showing all the sweat and grime?

That's a trick question, you wouldn't sell them anything that wasn't from Bauer.

I guess that's the difference. The Bauer product sells! :lol:

But to get back on topic. Do guys think Warrior is losing momentum, gaining momentum, or just staying about the same with their OPS and gear?

Yea, Jofa rules in the NHL locker rooms. Do they rule at retail? No. Does white still wear sweat stains and grime making your $125 shoulder pad look like crap? Yes. Jofa long ago established their equipment on protection values. They could cover their protective in pink and NHLers would still wear it. This is Year 2 for Warrior hockey protective. White is a risk when you still trying to establish your brand in protective. My thinking is different. I am looking at the gear from the position of a LHS equipment buyer. Do I want to hear from parents in a few months how that Warrior gear they have in all white now looks like crap due to the white showing all the sweat and grime? No.

Do they rule retail now, no, but JOFA did rule retail for quite awhile (90s and into 2000s) and heavily I might add.

As far as white protective, I don't think there's a problem with the outer shell being white; the lining is mostly dark and those are the areas that are going to see sweat and grime the most.

DS, what I see is shop managers and owners trying to be too much to their clients (not saying your store; speaking in general). That is what ultimately fails them because they try to carry everything in the marketplace instead of being great at what they do in their area. Take some extra time, choose your 2-3 brands that your going to carry in protective, and move on.

As far as Warrior gaining momentum, I'm wondering about the move to goal and why they felt it was needed so soon. Goal is a major headache, especially the domestic manufacturing of it as high goal has become a custom business. How much will this take away from their domestic production of hockey gloves?

I'm wondering about why soooooooooooooooooooo many lines of gloves, and pants! The number of SKU's in general is mindboggling!

Their marketing machine certainly works well!

Around here (Tampa) their sticks have just exploded that last 6 months or so. Still only two guys in my league wearing the gloves, and one wearing pants. Haven't been to a youth game in a while, but among the Adults it's mostly Bauer and Easton in protective.

But to get back on topic. Do guys think Warrior is losing momentum, gaining momentum, or just staying about the same with their OPS and gear?

In this area, Warrior has grown significantly. They can't keep the product in stock and it goes out the door as fast as it comes in.

In this area, Warrior has grown significantly. They can't keep the product in stock and it goes out the door as fast as it comes in.

Same here. However we've noticed a regress in their sticks, as it seems kids aren't having luck with them in terms of durability. Lots of adults swear by them though.

From a Hockey Dads perspective,I was shopping for gear around Boxing Day and noticed Warrior protective on sale. I asked some of the sale guys what was up and the response was basically Warrior protective is crap and they wont be carrying it next year. The GTA retailers are fairly old school from what I have experienced and in this economic climate wont screw around. This was only a couple of shops.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't looking to trash Warrior, just trying to get some feedback on what others feel about the brand in their areas. hey, if warrior is selling great for you, good!! I'd rather you move inventory, make margins and most importantly, keep your customers happy!! Isn't that the name of the game?

Sign in to follow this