Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyPho85

A list of NHL pros that use two piece hockey sticks?

I heard Sidney Crosby does but not sure. I would imagine it doesnt pay for them to use 2 piece. They only reason I do is economy. But if I earned 6 figures i wouldnt bother with it.

I heard Sidney Crosby does but not sure.

He did up until this year. Switched to an OPS this season.

Rob Scuderi uses a two piece

does he go back and and salvage the shaft when it breaks so that he can replace the blade?

does he go back and and salvage the shaft when it breaks so that he can replace the blade?

I'm pretty sure as a high profile player in the NHL, well any NHL player really, he has a pretty sizable supply of his stick waiting in the event one breaks. But, I'm also going to go ahead and say that your question was a joke and not serious.

I'm pretty sure as a high profile player in the NHL, well any NHL player really, he has a pretty sizable supply of his stick waiting in the event one breaks. But, I'm also going to go ahead and say that your question was a joke and not serious.

LMAO

seriously tho, why else would they use 2 piece? What is the advantage other then being able to swap blades?

LMAO

seriously tho, why else would they use 2 piece? What is the advantage other then being able to swap blades?

There are pros who feel they play better with two-piece sticks. Some pros still like wood blades and they can't get the feel of wood blades with some sticks. ryan smith is on example. he is part of warrior and he still uses two-piece because he likes the feel of a wood blade (also he wants to be like gretzky)

Its is all PP. personally I like two-piece sticks because I feel I have better feel. and they cost less in the long run

LMAO

There are pros who feel they play better with two-piece sticks. Some pros still like wood blades and they can't get the feel of wood blades with some sticks. ryan smith is on example. he is part of warrior and he still uses two-piece because he likes the feel of a wood blade (also he wants to be like gretzky)

Its is all PP. personally I like two-piece sticks because I feel I have better feel. and they cost less in the long run

ahhh.

thanks

LMAO

He was successful using a two-piece growing up and for the first four years of his NHL career, why change something that was clearly working well for him and that he was comfortable using. But, out of pressure from fans in Pittsburgh to, "improve his shot," he gave the OPS a try this summer and in the preseason and ended up enjoying them.

Do any NHLers use a two piece with a composite blade? Kovalev does, doesn't he? anyone know why?

see now THAT i dont understand.

Kubina was using a two piece in Toronto, started with a clearly wood blade, then started to get darker so it looked like an OPS (though it wasn't). I assume he's still using the two-piece.

Do any NHLers use a two piece with a composite blade? Kovalev does, doesn't he? anyone know why?

Kovalev probably prefers a mid-kick shaft which is what most standard two-piece setups provide. Tapered provide the lower kick similar to most OPS.

why not i use that setup, its cheaper, i feel like i get a lil better feel than an ops and my shots pretty much the same

a lot of nhlers use fused ops's from all the prostock sticks i've seen

why not i use that setup, its cheaper, i feel like i get a lil better feel than an ops and my shots pretty much the same

a lot of nhlers use fused ops's from all the prostock sticks i've seen

I use a composite shaft/blade combo as well, but I don't get 12 sticks in a box once a month on someone else's dime. I guess Kovalevs reason that was mentioned earlier makes sense, but it just seems, all things equal, it would be easier just to order the OPS instead of shafts and blades and have to put them together. Just seems the OPS would save some time and effort.

I remember Crosby using a Reebok shaft with a Sher-wood blade. Two piece sticks make sense for a player with endorsement obligations to a company that doesn't make a blade that he prefers.

Can you imagine the selection of Dremels that NHL teams have at their disposal so the two-piece guys can salvage a broken OPS? I'll bet the pros even have staff who sift through the arena garbage looking for salvagable sticks for them. Ah, to be a pro. :rolleyes:

for a lot of guys, its about bonding. hilarious as it may seem, they "built" that stick, spent time with it and have a bond. its really the only piece of equipment you can spend time altering or customizing. of course, there's the "feel" thing as well, for the guys who use wood blades.

kyle wellwood uses a two piece set up (wood blade), by the way... and he's also the reason why i know about this whole "bonding" thing.