Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDeezy

Dropping Gloves

One of the 2 roller hockey leagues I play in is 5 mins for fighting. Last season in the playoffs I went up against someone much bigger then me and did well for myself. Just wanted to see if we got any "Colton Orr"s in here and hear some fight stories or how your league handles things when battles get heated.

any remote fighting or intentions to fight is automatic throw out and game suspension.

You know what's funny is the league that I play in which does NOT allow fighting is where a lot of shenanigans goes on; rabbit punches, cross checking, high elbows, etc. A lot of players also get big mouths and turn into gangstas when they dont have to back themselves up.

The fighting league is generally more calm.

any remote fighting or intentions to fight is automatic throw out and game suspension.

You know what's funny is the league that I play in which does NOT allow fighting is where a lot of shenanigans goes on; rabbit punches, cross checking, high elbows, etc. A lot of players also get big mouths and turn into gangstas when they dont have to back themselves up.

The fighting league is generally more calm.

I agree, everyone is tough whenever no one is aloud to do anything about it and will throw in there cheap shots when they can. I try to just keep my cool, i never get heated over silly adult league. I have to tell guys on my team all the time that were wasting our time and money by getting into arguments and scuffles. They don't stop the clock ever in my league.

5 and a game in our league. Every 5 fights 3 game suspension as well as 1 game for one in the last ten and 1 game if you get an instigator. I hit the 5 fight mark on the weekend. Second in the league for pims haha. I'm no colton orr (Im 5'9) haha

5 and a game in our league. Every 5 fights 3 game suspension as well as 1 game for one in the last ten and 1 game if you get an instigator. I hit the 5 fight mark on the weekend. Second in the league for pims haha. I'm no colton orr (Im 5'9) haha

I knew it was a Candian league

haha niiice! you're a PJ Stock!

I used to have my own seat in the box and then the league told me that I play too rough and one ref kept having a bitch fit. so I'm better now. Only 1 minor in 4 games so far.

I play beer league if you fight your pretty much a loser.

Hahah, right on. The only excusable reason for fighting in beer leagues is a severe cheap shot, or intent to injure. But of course you're always going to get those guys who just look for fights..

Would just like to clear it up in case someone was mistaken its Juniors and yes in Canada

Our league allows it, just you get kicked out of the game. Only been in 1 this year and fought the wrong guy... i got pumped.

Where i play hates it, that is pretty much the only thing the owner doesnt tolerate

He is very big on fairness and physicality in the game when we play inline hockey, bigger guys who throw there weight around will get warned and after that they are sent off for 5 minutes

Any sign of fighting ends up in a weeks suspension from the RINK, not games the whole rink, not allowed in

In my league if you fight you get kicked out of the game thats it but if you fight in the last ten minutes your gone for the next game too. Also if you get into 3 fights its a game suspension, 4 fights its two games and so on. Its my second year in the league and i have only been in one fight.

There have been a lot of fights in my league, but I think a lot of that is helped by poor referees. They let everything go even when guys get cheap shotted. then guys think they have to take care of it themselves. i wish we could get god refs and play actual hockey, not some mma shit.

There have been a lot of fights in my league, but I think a lot of that is helped by poor referees. They let everything go even when guys get cheap shotted. then guys think they have to take care of it themselves. i wish we could get god refs and play actual hockey, not some mma shit.

If those guys knew that they had to answer to somebody I bet they wouldnt cheap shot as much. Sounds like your league needs to allow a controlled scrap here and there.

The should answer to someone, the referres and the league director. too bad either of them couldn't give two shits about the lower levels. only the high levels get discipline.

our league hands down 3 game suspensions for fighting. i've seen a few fights, but it seems like as long as its not a helmets off, full out ice dance, there's not going to be any discipline besides the typical penalty.

the last time i actually dropped the gloves and fought, i was 15 trying out for the rep team and there were two a-holes on the opposing squad who DID NOT want me to make the team (i didn't even know one of them). i fought both of them on the ice in back to back shifts (after the first fight, i was so f'in confident, i sat for a shift and lined myself up with the other guy's line), then again on the bench as we were asked to leave the ice (after they tried to tag team me later in the scrimmage), then again outside the rooms (some dads had to split us up). i ended up making the team along with one of the other dudes, and when he found out i was on the team, he told the coach he refused to play with me, so he got cut. then i ended up being named alternate captain (only time i got a letter in my life). he must have really liked me.

in men's league i've been close a couple times (after being speared in the stomach, and run into the boards from behind) but the other dude(s) didn't bite on my invitation(s).

If those guys knew that they had to answer to somebody I bet they wouldnt cheap shot as much. Sounds like your league needs to allow a controlled scrap here and there.

Or you would just have a couple goons that go around giving guys cheap shots so they can then beat the piss out of anyone that challenges them. If refs call penalties, a game will only get out of hand if everyone wants to go that way.

Game misconduct and 1-year suspension in my league. Never seen a drop the gloves and helmets fight but there has been the occasional glove punches to the cage type fights. It's actually been relatively clean this year.

Game misconduct and 1-year suspension in my league. Never seen a drop the gloves and helmets fight but there has been the occasional glove punches to the cage type fights. It's actually been relatively clean this year.

Our league used to have a ten game suspension for fighting, but most of the refs knew that and would never give anyone a fighting penalty. It's now three games for the first offense, six for the second and a year for the third within twelve months.

I think at our low level, it works well because nobody played high enough hockey to have even gotten in a fight, and frankly it just keeps the idiots out of the league. Higher up with the former varsity, college, junior, etc players, it makes sense to have the fighting in.