Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDeezy

Dropping Gloves

Seriously. I've had sex rougher than that, and most of the time there wasn't even anyone else there!

Haha thats hilarious, Had my 6th fight of the year on saturday against our rival team. Did pretty well. Me and the guy I fought have fought 3 times this year!There isnt too many guys our size that are willing to go so it seems we get paired off often haha. Second in the league for pims now haha if anyone is wondering 186 in 32 games. Our league counts 10 min misconducts (also included as game misconducts) though which get added on when you fight

I wish our league allowed it, but if you even think about it the refs jump on you like white on rice. If you do get as far as throwing a punch, you are suspended a game.

We used to have a committee of players that worked with our league on suspensions and discipline matters within the various divisions. There was one case of a referee trying to give the players a match penalty because they threw a lot of punches and were trying to hurt each other. Obviously that one was struck down.

Last week some guy bum rushed me after the whistle and threw a punch before I could even get my hands free of gloves and stick...coward. Lucky for me it caught me in the visor. If I knew he wanted to go I would have saved him the trouble and removed my helmet altogether. LOL He got thrown out of the game and suspended for a couple games.

5 for fighting. I've dropped 'em once this year and have been asked to go a lot more. Instead of cleaning up the game knowing you will have to fight if you cheap shot a guy it ends up with guys trying to act tough which leads to scrums after the whistle and lots of roughing/misconduct penalties. Could be because we wear cages but 80% of the guys in the league don't have the grapes to drop them.

5 for fighting. I've dropped 'em once this year and have been asked to go a lot more. Instead of cleaning up the game knowing you will have to fight if you cheap shot a guy it ends up with guys trying to act tough which leads to scrums after the whistle and lots of roughing/misconduct penalties. Could be because we wear cages but 80% of the guys in the league don't have the grapes to drop them.

Surprising a league that requires players to wear cages allows fighting. Do most guys just take each other's buckets off? Im assuming taking your own helmet off would result in some sort of suspension

In beer league hockey and youth hockey it is the ref's job to keep the game clean, not the players.

Cages have nothing to do with how tough a guy is. I wear mine because I need to work the next day and there are to many people that can't keep control of thier stick.

And for the "tough guys"...who have never been in a real fight on or off the ice...IT FUCKING HURTS. A good scrap hurts the person who gets hit and also the person throwing the punch. There is a reason NHL tough guy's hands look like they do and why they put ice on them when they go to the box. When you hit someone in the helmet with you hand it hurts, same as cheek bones and foreheads. Fiddle fucking around with someone by chirping, pushing, shoving, grabbing, throwing a sucker punch with a glove on, etc is not a fight.

In beer league hockey and youth hockey it is the ref's job to keep the game clean, not the players.

Cages have nothing to do with how tough a guy is. I wear mine because I need to work the next day and there are to many people that can't keep control of thier stick.

And for the "tough guys"...who have never been in a real fight on or off the ice...IT FUCKING HURTS. A good scrap hurts the person who gets hit and also the person throwing the punch. There is a reason NHL tough guy's hands look like they do and why they put ice on them when they go to the box. When you hit someone in the helmet with you hand it hurts, same as cheek bones and foreheads. Fiddle fucking around with someone by chirping, pushing, shoving, grabbing, throwing a sucker punch with a glove on, etc is not a fight.

Agreed. The truth is that most guys dont want to end of getting embarrassed if they square off so they resort to "scrums" and cheap shots

what league?

Its probably the AJHL i'm pretty sure you have to wear a cage in that league, I know he plays juniors somewhere out east i think.

I play in the CSHL, I have asked a few guys to go but no one has accepted my coach doesn't really like fighting unless there is a goon going after one of our top guys. It really shows we are the least penalized team in the league. We have had 5 real fights this year in 40 games and 2 guys got jumped on different occasions one was with 3 minutes left in the game and we were winning 13-2.

Its probably the AJHL i'm pretty sure you have to wear a cage in that league, I know he plays juniors somewhere out east i think.

I play in the CSHL, I have asked a few guys to go but no one has accepted my coach doesn't really like fighting unless there is a goon going after one of our top guys. It really shows we are the least penalized team in the league. We have had 5 real fights this year in 40 games and 2 guys got jumped on different occasions one was with 3 minutes left in the game and we were winning 13-2.

Albera Junior Hockey League? if thats what your suggesting no they dont wear cages, I cant think of any junior league in Canada that requires you to wear a cage. Atleast not anything west of Ontario

Albera Junior Hockey League? if thats what your suggesting no they dont wear cages, I cant think of any junior league in Canada that requires you to wear a cage. Atleast not anything west of Ontario

Atlantic Junior Hockey League I believe. There is two AJHL in North America.

what league?

USHA hockey, we had a kid get a 5 and a game because the ref thought he grabbed the other kids cage, it was kinda hard for him to do when he was still wearing a glove.

it really isnt when you're wearing a glove actually. In our league you need to be 16 to wear a visor, so every team has one or 2 guys that think they are big shots with the cage on and run there mouths and keep there fists high on every hit, last game there was a scrum in front of the net, and one of these kids in a cage tried to face wash me, i grabbed him by the cage with my glove still on, yanked down then up and ripped his cage clean off his helmet. all we both got were 2 minute roughing minors.

I disagree completely. A referee can't prevent guys from doing dirty things, he can only put someone in the box (or toss them) for their actions. It's up to the players to keep the game clean, it's up to the refs to call penalties where they exist. If you go on the ice as a ref with the mindset of "keeping the game clean" you're doing it wrong. There are refs that take every offense personally, as if every hook, trip or slash was done to them and that is just as bad.

When I put on the stripes, it's not "my" game, that game belongs to the players and coaches. I'm just there to make sure they obey the rules and hand out the appropriate penalty when they cross the line.

USHA hockey, we had a kid get a 5 and a game because the ref thought he grabbed the other kids cage, it was kinda hard for him to do when he was still wearing a glove.

I've seen that happen a number of times. The younger you are the easier it is.

here a vid of one of mine, it was a really quick one. Should have video of the last one I had which was much better. In this one i took on a guy who is 6'2, im 5'9 on a good day. Its about a 1:05 into the clip im in blue. Not a very good one but it's the only video of any I've had so far

http://www.bcdailybuzz.com/media/5010/Gens...mes_to_Saanich/

is it me or is that sheet extremely small?????

Saw a fight in the beer league I'm playing in last Saturday. Refs didn't jump in and kept yelling to "let them go" until the 3rd man (idiot) jumped in to break it up. Refs intervened and gave each fighter a major plus a game misconduct and also gave my teammate a minor for instigating and the 3rd man also got a minor. The fighters are suspended for a game.

is it me or is that sheet extremely small?????

No i'd say its pretty much the same as every other surface i've been on. Could just be the camera.