Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stafford21

New Inno sticks

I went to hockeymonkey down here in cali and they had several Inno sticks that had very different blades. Coming from a dolomite they had a few of the square-stitched blades and a few cross stithed blades. EACH of the Inno's felt different then another with varying weights, blade material and overall kickpoint feel. I asked the guy up front to weigh 2 sticks I liked and they came out to 480 and 500g a piece. Pretty heavy IMO.

But either way, I just picked up one of these, not THAT good of a stick for $70 but I could have just gotten a bad one.

Figured I would bump this up. Monkey now has the Inno Maniac Pro Lite II sticks available. For the price on the 3 pack... and the Federov curve being offered with a square toe... it sounds like a match made in heaven.

The question though, and I'll be blunt, is: Is it a complete crapshoot on what the stick actually is, or are they actually Dolo's that got cast aside as not 'up to snuff'?

I read through this entire thread, and although some answers were given, none of them pertain to this new stick that's up there. Just wondering what they are before I pull the trigger on these or some Easton ST's... For what it's worth, I loved the original Dolo's, and the 2010 Dolo Spynes (broke way too soon).

Edit: It's also really early in the morning here, so if I did in fact skim over the answer in this thread and just didn't notice, please link me to it. Much appreciated.

Well, after talking with several people at Monkey, some helpful some not, it sounds like the curve is either exactly what I was looking for, or damn near close to it. So I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the 3-pack.

Once I get them in I'll take some pictures, tape them up, weigh them, and report back here with what I think they might be, or if they have a code on the inside, I'll report that instead.

For the $180 for 3 sticks that may or may not be Dolomites with a curve and flex I like... Was worth giving it a shot. Here's hoping they aren't crap sticks!

I'll be really interested in your take on them. I've got two of the old Maniacs and have really liked them for the price. I'd love to stock up a little more if they're worth it.

Sticks showed up today... Must say I was very excited when I pulled the wrappers off. Two of the three were exactly what I was hoping for: Modano (90% sure) pro stock. They were listed as Federov with a square toe. Talked with several people at Monkey until I got someone to send me a picture. Bought them immediately once I saw it. The other one has an interesting toe hook. I was hoping to get 3 of the same curve, but I guess they ran out of stock. I have not used them on the ice yet, and won't get a chance to until Wednesday, and even then I won't be there with pucks (helping teach a Robby Glantz clinic). Probably hit up stick and puck on Saturday, and then a game on Sunday. I'll update on the feel and performance then.

My preliminary thoughts though:

- Feels in the neighborhood of 450 - 460 grams while uncut. Slightly heavier than my Dolo Spyne that's at about 430 from 440 after cutting. Should be down to ~440 after I cut the Innos.

- Rated as 95 flex on all three. The toe hook feels about 100 flex, while the other two felt about 90 flex.

- Ordered non-grip on all three. Toe hook is clear, no grip whatsoever. The other two have a very subtle light grip coating to it (points me towards Modano sticks even more as most of his sticks have this).

- Lie is around a 5, 5.25 on all three.

- Paint job is alright, but can't complain for roughly $60 a stick.

On to the pictures!

[Paint Job]:

img0200qo.jpg

- Fuse points are obvious.

[blade Pattern Weave]:

img0199bd.jpg

- Checkered pattern = Toe Curve

- Tight weave pattern = Modano Curve

[blade Patterns]:

img0201j.jpg

img0202o.jpg

- Left to right: Modano, Modano, Toe

[Comparable Blade Patterns]:

img0203r.jpg

- Left to right: Modano Easton Pro Stock, Modano Inno Maniac, Retail Modano RBK 9K0

[Comparable Blade Weaves]:

img0204pw.jpg

- Left to right: Modano Easton Pro Stock, Modano Inno Maniac, Retail Modano RBK 9K0

In the latter part of either the 07-08 or 08-09 season Modano switched up his pattern. Made the blade taller and a little longer. When laying the Easton pro stock (from around 2003) on top of the Inno blade, it makes it even more convincing that these are either clones of his pro pattern, or were actually made for him and were overstock that had blemishes of some sort. Regardless of whatever they are, I'm excited to give them a whirl and see how they feel on the ice.

So far, just based on comparing them with other sticks I have, I'd say I lucked out with my purchases. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. :biggrin:

Anyone else have some testimonials? Mostly worried about flex accuracy, if someone could add some input on that point. Thanks in advance.

Just went through my second one last night, first one I bought last year the blade went flying off during warm ups during the first time out, last night was my second time using the newer one and towards the end of my game the blade split in half right down middle. Not too stressed out because of the price, but am bummed because the feel and shot release on them felt great for a $60 stick. The two I used were 70 flex uncut with the Smyth pattern. Gonna turn it into a tapered shaft.

I shot with one of the Inno Maniacs I got the other day at Monkey. It was a 95 flex Fedorov with a square toe....I was pretty impressed with it but I need to cut it down a bit. I went longer and it felt wrong... but overall, for $50 you can't beat it.

After researching these sticks for a while trying to figure out what they trully are I Ordered a left hand Inno Maniac Pro Lite II Lidstrom 95 flex last week along with some Mission Soldier Black skates and it just arrived last night. Curve is identical to my Easton Lidstrom curve. Stick is very light. Seems a little stiff for a 95 flex though, more like a 110 flex. I have yet to use it, probably wont until my next inline hockey tournament, first weekend in April. I'll let you know how it goes. Overall out of the box the stick looks nice, I hope it performs as well as it looks.

Interesting note: Kopitar and Havlat were never retail curves, and cannot be pro patterns since the actual players are left-handed (sticks listed are right)... thoughts?

After researching these sticks for a while trying to figure out what they trully are I Ordered a left hand Inno Maniac Pro Lite II Lidstrom 95 flex last week along with some Mission Soldier Black skates and it just arrived last night. Curve is identical to my Easton Lidstrom curve. Stick is very light. Seems a little stiff for a 95 flex though, more like a 110 flex. I have yet to use it, probably wont until my next inline hockey tournament, first weekend in April. I'll let you know how it goes. Overall out of the box the stick looks nice, I hope it performs as well as it looks.

Used it a couple weeks ago. Stiffness resembles a 110, lie is slightly off. Overall not a bad stick, although I would much rather have had the flex closer to 95 as I like a lot of whip.

I honestly think these sticks are in no way related to a 95 flex. I think they just put 95 beacause its in the middle of most flexes

Mirrors Bauer and Warrior's mid-flex number.

Dunno guys, I tried one of these and it just feels heavy and "dead". I didn't like the stick at all. I know it's cheap but for a few Dollars more you can get a Warrior Dolo pro stock. The difference between the Dolo and Inno is tremendous, not even close in feel.

I'm not sorry I bought it as it was cheap, but never use it, and would not recommend it or buy it again.

Picked up a grip version this week with the 20% storewide discount. Just got it today and here are some pics before I cut and tape it.

As you can see there is a Warrior serial number sticker on it and No Warranty stamped on the shaft. Feels a little heavy compared to the newest top of the line OPS out there. It's 57 & 1/2" long heel to top which seems a bit shorter than most senior sticks. I usually use a two piece with wood blades so the weight isn't an issue to me. I find the OPS aren't as durable for my style of play but figured it was time to mix it up and give one a try again. It's a "Kovalchuk" blade pattern. You can see the seem where the blade and shaft are fussed. I'll post a review after a few games this weekend. If anyone wants to speculate which model it is please feel free to do so. Here are some pix.

463505_10151205941399124_1200535044_o.jpg

459747_10151205942744124_436680105_o.jpg

272010_10151205960839124_99113452_o.jpg

301249_10151205941969124_1247317846_n.jpg

247960_10151205941899124_247824185_n.jpg

304517_10151205942039124_1904760972_n.jpg

289832_10151205942594124_769816335_o.jpg

267166_10151205942669124_1302631793_o.jpg470637_10151205960749124_202379595_o.jpg

I've played a few games and I'm extremely happy with the stick. The durability seems fine, I've taken a few slashes and I take defensive face-offs pretty aggressively. I'm no sniper and have always wondered if I could tell if my sticks have lost their snap, but after playing these games I think it might be time to retire my shafts. Shots have been more accurate and seem to be quicker.

they seem to be the thunderdome sold on hockeymonkey right now...

When I asked to speculate what model I mean which Warrior it was/is, I know it's a Thunderdome from Monkey, that's where I bought it.