Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Heatley a skating billboard

I found a few pics of Dany Heatley playing for SC Bern in Switzerland, and if you think Forsberg and others look like skating billboards, they have very nice and clean uniforms compared to this... :lol:

And what's up with his gloves???

http://mitglied.lycos.de/aforc3/NHLplayer/dany1.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/aforc3/NHLplayer/dany2.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/aforc3/NHLplayer/dany3.jpg

Those are definitely both Easton gloves with CCM stickers or logos over them. And yeah, it does look as though Heatley is using a retail Synergy.

One more thing, thats awesome seeing Joe Thornton and Rick Nash on the same team there. Good stuff.

To help it explain things for evreyone. Europe is much different to the NHL. The players do not get individual sponsorships. The teams generally get offers from companies for different pieces of equipment. So one company might do gloves. Another might do pants and helmets. Another could be visors and helmets. Every team is different.

The photos of Heatley are a perfect example. The Bern team is likely all wearing CCM gloves so he has to do like wise and wear CCm gloves. They have said it doesn't matter what it is as long as it has the sponsor.

As far as the golden helmet goes. Some leagues have each teams leading scorer wear them and some leagues have only the leading scorer wear it.

The NHL guys probably feel like a$$es, but some of them make more money from the manufacturer sponsorships then most of their teams from a whole season. Plus its great they are stealing jobs from other players who ned the money more...but that a whole other thread. :angry:

These guys must feel like asses wearing all of this extra stuff.

Like Paul said, they should feel like asses for taking jobs from other guys and hanging the lower tier US pros (you know, their teammates) out to dry during the lockout.

I just can't get use to those European uniforms. They're down right sickening. But there was a day when no ads went on the rink boards and now I'm use to those. I guess you could say the same for auto racing as well. Regardless, I don't like the uniforms being billboards at all.

As for NHLers taking jobs from Europeans I wonder what the NHLPA would say if replacement players were brought in from Europe to take their jobs during the lockout!! I find it ironic that a union (the NHLPA) are taking jobs from others.

Those are definitely both Easton gloves with CCM stickers or logos over them. And yeah, it does look as though Heatley is using a retail Synergy.

One more thing, thats awesome seeing Joe Thornton and Rick Nash on the same team there. Good stuff.

If you saw the pics of Nash and Thornton playing for Davos you might notice they have Easton stickers on the cuffs of their gloves. Nash is using his BlueJackets TPS gloves from last season. And it looked like Thornton was wearing his CCM gloves from the WCOH.

HEy if the NHL continues losing money, the NHL will look just like the Euro teams, as all the teams will need to generate money somehow, an ad here and an ad there. Ill take same patched up uniforms over no hockey anyday!

These guys must feel like asses wearing all of this extra stuff.

Like Paul said, they should feel like asses for taking jobs from other guys and hanging the lower tier US pros (you know, their teammates) out to dry during the lockout.

Amen.

Chadd preaches real deep and thick.