Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjl_48

2010 MLB Thread

I am by no means bashing the phillies starting 3 , i think Doc is in the top 3 pitchers in the game and has been for years. That being said i also would put C.C. in the same category among the leagues top. Like wise i believe personally pettite is more experienced and just as capable as hamels who as i said was not great this yeaar. Finally Oswalt is a great pitcher probably has a little edge over hughes due to age and experience but it is not a clear decision in my eyes. Saying that i am a yankees fan and more than use to having to defend everything about them but thats besides the point. Either way if we do get to see them in the WS it will be a great match up

Did you miss the stats? Hamels might not have been "great", but he was very, very good this year and has been near dominant since the end of August. And if you want to consider this year only, and still think Oswalt only has a slight edge over Hughes, well.

Did you miss the stats? Hamels might not have been "great", but he was very, very good this year and has been near dominant since the end of August. And if you want to consider this year only, and still think Oswalt only has a slight edge over Hughes, well.

Well oswalt has been around much longer and is a very dominant pitcher. All i am trying to point out is that hughes had a good year too , especially for a kid his age who really only began starting this year without so many restrictions. Either way maybe i am wrong but either way they both have good pitching and in my eyes both starting 3 are on a pretty equal level, but i guess time will tell...

This for some reason hurts more than losing to the Yankees last year. Probably because every game was a potential win for the Phillies, but they couldn't hit with runners on base. You can't win baseball games like that. It sucks, and sucks even more that this is probably the last time we see Jayson Werth in red pinstripes. I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes, as long as it isn't in the NL East or a team we're playing at the time.

That said, I really want to see Hamilton get a ring. Cliff Lee too.

This for some reason hurts more than losing to the Yankees last year. Probably because every game was a potential win for the Phillies, but they couldn't hit with runners on base. You can't win baseball games like that. It sucks, and sucks even more that this is probably the last time we see Jayson Werth in red pinstripes. I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes, as long as it isn't in the NL East or a team we're playing at the time.

That said, I really want to see Hamilton get a ring. Cliff Lee too.

Cliff Lee will win one. If not this year in TX, then next year in NY. :P

How eerie that both NY and Philly lost in the same fashion: 4-2 with each team's star slugger get rung up looking.

Tough loss for the yanks and phillies. Either way i think its going to be a great series texas offence again lincecum and cain, should be interesting to watch. Texas have such a potent order all through it is incredible, San Fran hit the philly staff to for the most part. Should be entertaining whos everyone got for the win?

im on cloud 9... thanks to the G-men bringing the world series championship back to the Bay Area.. I gotta live up every second of it seeing as how it'll probably be another lifetime til it happens again. especially with Lee going to Phils. Thanks Giants!