Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjl_48

2010 MLB Thread

im a pirates fan so this thread is dead to me.

Royals fan here. At least we get some of the cheapest victories salary-wise compared to the rest of MLB.

Nope- classified as "less-than-lethal". Cops need to use a little more discression than just playing cowboy with suspects.

That's what I meant. My mistake.

Phillies have told the cops that their own security staff will handle field jumpers from now on.

Royals fan here. At least we get some of the cheapest victories salary-wise compared to the rest of MLB.

Just got back from the heartbreaker. Down 8-0 only to lose 13-12. :(

im a pirates fan so this thread is dead to me.

Sorry to hear that man. I went to PNC two years ago to see the Dodgers play, the park is beautiful. It is sad to talk to Pirates fans out there, their ownership is a joke.

Sorry to hear that man. I went to PNC two years ago to see the Dodgers play, the park is beautiful. It is sad to talk to Pirates fans out there, their ownership is a joke.

Cant help it. Ive always supported the hometown teams, no matter how bad.

Yeah, the view into the city is amazing, especially at night. Its a shame thats the best thing about the team. Oh, and the all-you-can-eat seats.

Charlie Manuel is going to ruin Halladay. Of course you leave him in yesterday but he's now on pace to throw 290 innings.

Charlie Manuel is going to ruin Halladay. Of course you leave him in yesterday but he's now on pace to throw 290 innings.

That's exactly what I said when I turned the game on and saw him in the on-deck circle in the top of the ninth. Then I saw the box score, and said, oh...that's why. I really hope he doesn't overuse him. Because as of now I'm scared he's gonna be done by July.

He threw 266 in 2003, and was consistently over 200 in Toronto. This might end up being an extreme yearif he gets to 290....but 235-250 would be at the very least, expected.

He threw 266 in 2003, and was consistently over 200 in Toronto. This might end up being an extreme yearif he gets to 290....but 235-250 would be at the very least, expected.

He was hurt the year after 266 though. Since then his high is 246. So that means he'd pitch just about five more whole games.

He threw 266 in 2003, and was consistently over 200 in Toronto.

He never made it to the postseason with Toronto though. If Manuel keeps it up he could have nothing left in the tank come October. Im cool with it though, chances are the Dodgers will have to meet them in the Playoffs again.

Griffey Jr.

Sad to see him retire. He was one of the classiest, most professional people, let alone players, I have ever met.

He always took extra time for his fans. Whether it's sitting signing autographs or cutting up making jokes and taking pictures with fans. Always had a smile on his face. He is one of my all time favorite athletes and when he came to Cincinnati is when I became a die hard baseball fan. Thank you Junior

So happy to see him go. Selfish dude, sorta overrated, screwed the Mariners then their dumb fans took him back.

Sort of overrated? Seriously? Look at his stats up until his injury problems. Even if you take away all his numbers from the plate, he had 10 consecutive golden gloves and set the standard of all MLB outfielders aim for. He was on pace to go down as the best player in MLB history and he is one of the few that can say that without any steroid allegations credited to his name.

13 All-Star appearances, 630 homers -- fifth on the career list -- and 1,836 RBIs, 10 Gold Gloves,

how can you be overrated, he was on his way to being one of the best all-time until this happened

untitled.jpg

"Player Of The Decade"

and that's not an overstatement.

He brought energy to the sport. Every kid wanted the perfect swing he had, and wanted to jump the wall and rob a home run like he did on a consistant basis.

The only MLB game I've ever seen was a Reds-Orioles spring preseason game played here at Louisville Slugger field. I stayed an hour after the game with my family. He didn't even play that day. Shook my hand and smiled with his hat on backwards. I'll never forget that. He probably stayed another hour to sign things. And never looked bothered or frustrated to stay that long. Sucks that injuries kept him down, but he never took it out on the fans. It's hard to hate someone who loves what they do that much, when they are that good at it.

I do recall hearing that without him, Seattle wouldn't even have a team anymore...

So, Bud isn't going to overturn the play and give the kid his perfect game. Fine...whatever. he should...but it's his League. Run it however the hell you want.

The drug inflated homerun can stay intact, but this has to stay as called. Whatever!

But...now I hear that some politicians and law makers in Michigan want to make Declarations of a perfect game and open Congressional debate to force MLB to call it a perfect game.

Wait, is this the same Michigan that has been absolutely CRIPPLED in the last 2 years by the recession. The same Michigan where you can buy property online for $25.00? Really???? Baseball is this important?

WTF?!?!?!?

Bonds is definitely the player of the 90s and it's not close. Even if you say he started doing steroids in 99 and fully subtract that year, he's still the player of the 90s.

Griffey's defense was sorta overrated. He was an athlete, not so much a fielder. He was probably the second or third best CFer of his time.

Great player, not nearly as good as he's made out to be. People act like he would have shattered every record ever if he didn't start having his mysterious pro wrestling-esque injuries.