Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjl_48

2010 MLB Thread

10mph between fastball and change isn't bad. Everything has movement so it's not bad. He also has a sinker that he didn't really use yesterday.

Normally but when a guys change up in equivalent to the average pitchers fastball theres room for improvement. Im not saying its not effective but just imagining if he could slow it down to the mid 80's and keep the arm speed up as mack said it would be that much deadlier

So the story around NY, and getting national, right now is that before his start tonight the yankees are going to acquire Cliff Lee for Jesus Montero/David Adams and another prospect. Then trade Javy Vazquez for Jason Werth.

Love Montero, he's going to destroy the ball for someone, but I don't hate this deal if it happens. The Yankees will probably have three catchers in the mid-season top 25 and JR Murphy will probably be in the top 75 or so.

Love both deals. Montero's a stud hitting-wise but catching isn't good enough to get him over Romine. Javy just can't pitch in the AL and Reggie Jackson has been chirping in Werth's ear for a while now...

I kinda thought Gardner's play was going to keep them away from an OFer, but Werth would be the guy I'd want over Crawford anyway. Guess Swisher would see a decent amount of time at DH and Granderson would sit against lefties.

Finally a JP in the Blue Jays organization that will make us forget the OTHER JP!

Arencibia had a MONSTER debut today:

4-5. 2 HR, 3 runs, 3RBI.

Finally a JP in the Blue Jays organization that will make us forget the OTHER JP!

Arencibia had a MONSTER debut today:

4-5. 2 HR, 3 runs, 3RBI.

in a ridiculous game too lol 17-11 :blink:

in a ridiculous game too lol 17-11 :blink:

It should not have been that 'close' Jays pitchers in the 9th were brutal. 17-7 going in. It took 3 pitchers to finish it off.

It should not have been that 'close' Jays pitchers in the 9th were brutal. 17-7 going in. It took 3 pitchers to finish it off.

lol been like that for ages you kinda expect that to happen

You have to feel for the Jays Brenden Morrow. No hitter, two out in the ninth, to lose it.

ye for sure, but 17 K's?!?! nuts, too bad i couldn't watch it live

I loved Gabby Sanchez's clothes line on Morgan. He rocked him, it reminded me of the Ultimate Warrior back in the day.

That was really awesome. I was just disappointed he didn't follow up with a tombstone piledriver.

Morgan had 20 PIMS in 7 games for the Pats in the WHL.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=67848

It was mentioned that Morgan was a hockey player. Buccigross said something like "It took a hockey player to have a proper baseball brawl." Way to make all hockey players look like dicks, thanks dude. We really needed more stereotyping.

Morgan rules. Such a cheapshot by Sanchez. If you already hit a guy once, then throw behind him again, you have to expect him to try and go at the pitcher.

He's had a total heel turn over the last 6 weeks or so.

I believe his suspension appeal related to throwing a ball into the stands at CBP is still ongoing, correct?

Yeah, mlb appeals go on forever. Supposedly mlb is going to give him a 10 game suspension tomorrow that'll settle both incidents.