Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Havok19

One100 LE

For those looking for a traditional black skate, you won't find a current skate with more of an "old school" look than this.

I disagree. IMHO Grafs have more of that "old skool" all black skate look than any Bauer or for that matter any other brand of skate.

The Limited Edition skates aren't typically available in customs are they??

My One75's are almost 2 years old now, so if these are coming out towards the holidays I might have to look into upgrading.

I disagree. IMHO Grafs have more of that "old skool" all black skate look than any Bauer or for that matter any other brand of skate.

Maybe it's because Graf skates are still made with century old tech. Graf should put in some new more modern colors on their skates, let's say some neon colors would work great for them. I don't think they can get any more modern than the 80s :lol:

Black holders are mean looking.

I think that this is how an Easton Stealth should look, to much silver on them and colors, black on black with black holders and some small white accents is the way to go for a skate that has the name Stealth.

Maybe it's because Graf skates are still made with century old tech. Graf should put in some new more modern colors on their skates, let's say some neon colors would work great for them. I don't think they can get any more modern than the 80s :lol:

I think that this is how an Easton Stealth should look, to much silver on them and colors, black on black with black holders and some small white accents is the way to go for a skate that has the name Stealth.

Which they actually got right with the S17 LE, IMO. Now if they would put that across the entire line of skates...

the only LE easton would do would be the EQ5, s19 (or whatever its going to be called) wont be on shelevs till next spring.

The Limited Edition skates aren't typically available in customs are they??

My One75's are almost 2 years old now, so if these are coming out towards the holidays I might have to look into upgrading.

This wont either. Only custom route you can go this season is TO and X60.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Graf must be doing something right because they have plenty of pros who wear them without getting paid to unlike the other brands.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Graf must be doing something right because they have plenty of pros who wear them without getting paid to unlike the other brands.

Define plenty please, since I can't think of more then a dozen or so that wear Graf. I'm sure 70% of pros use Bauer skates because they've been paid to, the only company that can be accused of that is CCM/Reebok and that's because of the AHL deal in place.

I think JR has the numbers, but from what I recall, 70-75% of the NHL is using Bauer skates, 7-10% easton, 15% rbk/ccm, 3% graf. The ones using graf don't get paid at all to use them, about half of the players using bauer skates aren't getting paid to use them, and everyone using easton or rbk/ccm is getting paid to use them except maybe like 1 or 2 people. Even at the AHL level, there are a ton of bauer skates, I actually think they have a higher % than the NHL in bauer. For best results you need to go to leagues where the player's pay or get their skates free, to find out how many are using what company.

--For my USHL team, of 20 skaters 15 were in Bauer, 2 in RBK, 1 in CCM, 1 in Graf, 1 in Easton. Keep in mind though that everyone except in CCM/RBK bought their skates. And the ones that kept the skates said they liked them over bauer/easton/grafs.

Define plenty please, since I can't think of more then a dozen or so that wear Graf. I'm sure 70% of pros use Bauer skates because they've been paid to, the only company that can be accused of that is CCM/Reebok and that's because of the AHL deal in place.

Check the Graf website. They have a list of pros who use their skates and custom footbeds. Let me just be clear I have nothing against Bauer skates. I've had my share of them and to me its no wonder so many pros use them. It's just like I said originally, to me Grafs are the only skate with the "old skool" look. As for CCM/Reebok paying pros to use them I wonder how many would wear them if they weren't paid to.

I wonder if the kid who took that pic will be in dog-dew. Same like the x60s, limited sizing and availability, if you want them, your going to have to get them asap.

I got my LE X60s last week. Albeit from one of the less popular retailers, and in a 6.5. :lol:

am i the only guy that thinks they look just like one75's? and not a fan of the big limited edition sign either..love bauer but this is a FAIL in my opinion

I got my LE X60s last week. Albeit from one of the less popular retailers, and in a 6.5. :lol:

Ha exactly. I don't remember a retailer having them in a 7.5-10 past christmas.

"Check the Graf website. They have a list of pros who use their skates and custom footbeds."

Wearing their skates, and their custom footbeds are 2 very different things.

Ha exactly. I don't remember a retailer having them in a 7.5-10 past christmas.

LOL we actually have a pair of 7.5D sitting on the shelf still and every time somebody comes in to ask about them, they want EE

LOL we actually have a pair of 7.5D sitting on the shelf still and every time somebody comes in to ask about them, they want EE

Haha what? That's crazy. Like an exact opposite of my shop.

I'm wondering if the holders are just dyed or if they are actually black plastic.

I can't see many people being very happy if their new black holders have white spots all over them after a couple good uses.

On the Graf vs the rest.... I've posted my opinion enough on MSH... suffice to say that I'm in Vapor XXXX now and will probably be going BACK to Graf for my next pair.

Black boots and blades + Black stick tape+ black sox + black pants = a really difficult time for the goalie to see the puck in traffic.... And Every time they came out with Black TUUK's they had cracking issues... hope they get it figured out.

And Every time they came out with Black TUUK's they had cracking issues... hope they get it figured out.

what was the last pair that had them? I can't remember, but was it supreme 4000s? Doesn't sound right to me though...

Doesn''t make sense how they could have cracking issues either but they did. Wouldn't the color difference just be dye injected before they mold them? I dont see how this could ruin the integratity of the tuuk